The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Attacking player to be signed before Ayr.... interesting 

DC also saying what we all expected. Hancock can play anywhere up the left... the new Henderson 

Will be the blonde haired trialist from last week. Seemingly a played Monday and trained yesterday. Couple doubts for game tomorrow as well I have heard .

7 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

Will be the blonde haired trialist from last week. Seemingly a played Monday and trained yesterday. Couple doubts for game tomorrow as well I have heard .

D.C. said full squad available on paper including Goldie

And hopefully not the blonde hair trialist

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

D.C. said full squad available on paper including Goldie

And hopefully not the blonde hair trialist

According to someone watching training Goldy never done full training and McKenna pulled out. 
Hoping new face DC is talking about is a proven player at this level 

11 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

According to someone watching training Goldy never done full training and McKenna pulled out. 
Hoping new face DC is talking about is a proven player at this level 

Yeah heard he was on a bike but imagine they’re just being cautious, the video of Monday training is up on YouTube. The blonde trialist playing alongside a good few others

Someone said to me it was a loan so suppose we will find out soon

Happy enough with a point today. Ayr have been a bit of a bogey team for us so got to look at the positives. Come away from a difficult place with a point after not playing well and being down to 10 men for 15 minutes, I’ll take that.

The biggest positive is that we’re 1 point better off than we were at this time last season.

Onwards to next week where we have a great chance to exorcise the ICT ghost and get our two bogey teams out of the way with a decent return of points.

Edited by Tattie36

I think one big takeaway from yesterday has to be the big step up in speed/ intensity of the game and competitiveness - no friendly or League Cup game in pre season comes close. It quickly shows just how big a step up it is for players like Kieran Shanks and Dylan Paterson to come in to a Championship team, and that's not a slur at either of them who have both been excellent in pre season.

With at least two signings to come before next week things will change up top where we obviously have difficulties at the moment. As we've seen before a signing or two upfront for a team like us and the way we play can change absolutely everything, pushing us up the park and holding the ball and bringing others into play. Asking Kieran Shanks to do that role as a lone striker having jumped up 3 levels isn't going to be the answer.

The main thing at this stage is Dick/ the management know where we are short and they will be bringing in the players in the positions we need. I'd only be worried at this stage if the message was 'this is the squad, everythings fine, we'll work it out', but there's no concerns on that front at all IMO.

A poor performance by our standards and we still get a draw, away from home, with 10 men for the last part of the game? I'll take that :)

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

I think one big takeaway from yesterday has to be the big step up in speed/ intensity of the game and competitiveness - no friendly or League Cup game in pre season comes close. It quickly shows just how big a step up it is for players like Kieran Shanks and Dylan Paterson to come in to a Championship team, and that's not a slur at either of them who have both been excellent in pre season.

With at least two signings to come before next week things will change up top where we obviously have difficulties at the moment. As we've seen before a signing or two upfront for a team like us and the way we play can change absolutely everything, pushing us up the park and holding the ball and bringing others into play. Asking Kieran Shanks to do that role as a lone striker having jumped up 3 levels isn't going to be the answer.

The main thing at this stage is Dick/ the management know where we are short and they will be bringing in the players in the positions we need. I'd only be worried at this stage if the message was 'this is the squad, everythings fine, we'll work it out', but there's no concerns on that front at all IMO.

A poor performance by our standards and we still get a draw, away from home, with 10 men for the last part of the game? I'll take that :)

Would agree with all of this

Yesterday was a bit of a reality check. Back to the grind. A completely different game and we are going to have to be a lot better than that going forward 

7 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Couldn’t have said it any better myself Simon ⚽🇱🇻💪

Does ToB miss one or two games? 

JT

Little

Hammy 

Hancock 

for when he’s out for me

Heard the name of the ‘American‘ winger, he must have something about him going by his CV, it’s going to be a completely out of the blue signing and unsure on how successful it’ll be

Then a loan we are supposed to be getting upfront, not sure it’ll address the lack of goals but the guy should 100 percent suit the way we play more than any other team in this league so it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on

I like Fosu by the way. Seems a bit of a wildcard factor never know what he’s going to do and he seems really physical. Opposition seem to struggle with that 

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

JT

Little

Hammy 

Hancock 

for when he’s out for me

Heard the name of the ‘American‘ winger, he must have something about him going by his CV, it’s going to be a completely out of the blue signing and unsure on how successful it’ll be

Then a loan we are supposed to be getting upfront, not sure it’ll address the lack of goals but the guy should 100 percent suit the way we play more than any other team in this league so it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on

I like Fosu by the way. Seems a bit of a wildcard factor never know what he’s going to do and he seems really physical. Opposition seem to struggle with that 

Depends on what the red was for. Was it classified as A1,A2 or A4? 

Screenshot_20220731-184632.jpg

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

JT

Little

Hammy 

Hancock 

for when he’s out for me

Sounds like Innes. We'll need fill a Rory size hole sometime soon. 

With our abundance of Aberdeen players I wonder if we'll try to entice Adam Rooney. Think we should aim younger and more mobile.

We'll likely sign a few this week. I know we've missed out at the 11th hour on 2 wingers. One who went down south instead and one who found a FT Championship side.

Edited by CoveRangers1922