The Arbroath Thread

12 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Is there anything stopping the club from showing the whole game "as live" starting at (say) 8pm on a Saturday night and leaving the stream up for a couple of days? I would happily avoid the rest of the scores for a few hours to watch the game in this fashion any weekend I couldn't get over to Gayfield, and I'm sure someone on here claimed to rewatch the game every Saturday evening after atteding the live match.

As a real life example, I was holidaying in Galloway last September when we played Hamilton at Gayfield. It was no real hardship to go walking in Glen Trool all day, play music rather than have the radio on in the car, then stream the game in the local pub later on.

Including a facility such as this in the season ticket might increase sales, and advertising an "as live" PPV might also raise revenue.

Holdback period is until 12 o'clock on a Saturday - that's why our highlights along with others come out at midnight. Likewise a full replay would need to be from midnight but yes you can do that.

Have noticed Dundee have been putting out a clip or two earlier but I'm still sure they're breaking the rules.

Edited by LeodhasXD

20 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

The squad is looking good. A nice mixture of valued, established players and some exciting new blood.
Any update on the American winger?

There were a load of trialists at the game Monday going by the wee video we posted but doubt any will sign 

Vast majority of Aberdeen fans seemed impressed with Hancock after a read through twitter

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Holdback period is until 12 o'clock on a Saturday - that's why our highlights along with others come out at midnight. Likewise a full replay would need to be from midnight but yes you can do that.

Have noticed Dundee have been putting out a clip or two earlier but I'm still sure they're breaking the rules.

Would the fact that any delayed "as live" stream would only be available to PPV viewers have any bearing on this? 

Currently, I can access the full match plus highlights on Arbroath TV at any time on a Saturday evening (see my example of the Hamilton game last season above)

30 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Would the fact that any delayed "as live" stream would only be available to PPV viewers have any bearing on this? 

Currently, I can access the full match plus highlights on Arbroath TV at any time on a Saturday evening (see my example of the Hamilton game last season above)

Not as far as I am aware... The relevant bits of the media guidelines are this page. 

Club footage 12pm at the end. First bit is some top quality legalese 

Screenshot_20220728-135316.thumb.png.a87be927d78228b90ca65206b888baa2.png

Edited by LeodhasXD

13 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

The lad will have a huge task on his hands to move either CB or Hamilton out the starting 11, good to have the competition. My fear is we shoehorn him into left midfield (like we did with Henderson) or change to 3 at the back.

Apparently Hammy is suspended the first 2 games of the season 

I imagine he'll play that Henderson role.  Covering Hamilton when he's unavailable, dropping into defence when there's an injury, covering left midfield when Dick wants a more defensive player there.  Possibly even covering defensive midfield.

Basically, getting a lot of game time, but all over the pitch 

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

The lad will have a huge task on his hands to move either CB or Hamilton out the starting 11, good to have the competition. My fear is we shoehorn him into left midfield (like we did with Henderson) or change to 3 at the back.

Yeah I think this is what’s going to happen and I mentioned it before when we tried to sign him and the courier article mentioned the fact he was a winger, the courier never made that up so I’m guessing it come right from DC mouth in his interview he done after the Brechin friendly

For example, if we are 1-0 up on Saturday away to Ayr I could see Bobby coming off and him going into there

I really hope he doesn’t start games out left wing though that was absolute murder watching big Henderson out there last season