The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, SteveTheLichtie said:

I take it that the young American winger was signed up?

If he come over from the US it would’ve been ridiculously harsh to have him just play one game I imagine he will get the bounce one tonight plus was training Saturday pre match and maybe Wednesday night too

6 hours ago, stan3600 said:

He must have another reason to be in Scotland or he’d never get a work permit.

I had a young American staying with me last summer while he tried to get a gig in Scotland.  He trained with Arbroath a few times.   I tried to tell him he'd never get a work permit before he even came over.  Have you ever tried telling an American something they don't want to hear?  

Anyway, not why I looked in.  I was just wondering if you'd let us clone Dick and Ian Campbell?  Just asking.

I had a young American staying with me last summer while he tried to get a gig in Scotland.  He trained with Arbroath a few times.   I tried to tell him he'd never get a work permit before he even came over.  Have you ever tried telling an American something they don't want to hear?  
Anyway, not why I looked in.  I was just wondering if you'd let us clone Dick and Ian Campbell?  Just asking.

I don’t think the world is ready for 4 Campbell twins, but post-Brexit it’s no doubt legal.

Class wee update video

Goldie is ok and hopes to be back training on Thursday 

Pink said hope to substantially strengthen squad next 2/3 weeks 

1107 season tickets sold so far 

Alot of trialists playing for us in that game going by the footage I could make out 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Class wee update video

Goldie is ok and hopes to be back training on Thursday 

Pink said hope to substantially strengthen squad next 2/3 weeks 

1107 season tickets sold so far 

Alot of trialists playing for us in that game going by the footage I could make out 

That is a class video to be fair. Light-hearted on the whole but informative in parts too. Makes the fans feel closer to the club.

We get no insightful/spirited direct updates from players. Lucky if we get a player video interviewed after a match.

11 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

No more live streaming of Saturday matches kicking off between 2.45 and 5.15.....just in case anyone was in any doubt !!

Was asked about this today by someone, will pass it on 

23 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

They wont bother with a stream at all if they’re not allowed to show it in the uk

Plenty of other clubs have had international streams even pre pandemic.  Presumably they'll be recording it anyway, for highlights, so why not stick an international stream on?

It would be very unacceptable for the club to come out and openly say streaming is only for those outside of the UK, however you can bypass this by using a VPN, which can be done by doing the following.... 

However, if the club had a sponsorship deal with a VPN provider for Arbroath FC TV, it would be unacceptable if the club didn't give their sponsor the expected exposure such a deal would warrent..... such as details of how to sign up for, set up and use said VPN which may or may not help with streaming our matches from within the UK..... :ph34r:

3 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Not even for non-UK fans?

I think non UK should still be fine. I'm far from an authority on all things broadcasting related, clearly. 

St Johnstone have posted something. 

https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/ppv-and-streaming/

The live streaming of League matches in the UK & Ireland is not currently permitted in Season 2022/23.

Supporters will recall that streaming was introduced (with the consent of Sky Sports) to allow supporters to watch matches when they were not able to attend in person due to Government restrictions for the pandemic.

That clearly is not the case anymore. However, the SPFL recognise this has been a valuable income stream for clubs and they are continuing discussions with Sky.

It is clear that, as already advised, (a) blocked hours will be in place this season (meaning no streaming from 2.45pm to 5.15pm on Saturdays); and (b) virtual season tickets will not be permitted.

Unfortunately this means we will only be able to offer Arbroath FC TV this season to overseas supporters.

So it looks like we will offer an international stream, but that it won't be valid with season tickets?  So pay per view outside the UK only?

https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/ppv-and-streaming/

The live streaming of League matches in the UK & Ireland is not currently permitted in Season 2022/23.
Supporters will recall that streaming was introduced (with the consent of Sky Sports) to allow supporters to watch matches when they were not able to attend in person due to Government restrictions for the pandemic.
That clearly is not the case anymore. However, the SPFL recognise this has been a valuable income stream for clubs and they are continuing discussions with Sky.
It is clear that, as already advised, (a) blocked hours will be in place this season (meaning no streaming from 2.45pm to 5.15pm on Saturdays); and (b) virtual season tickets will not be permitted.
Unfortunately this means we will only be able to offer Arbroath FC TV this season to overseas supporters.

So it looks like we will offer an international stream, but that it won't be valid with season tickets?  So pay per view outside the UK only?

Makes sense.

Is there anything stopping the club from showing the whole game "as live" starting at (say) 8pm on a Saturday night and leaving the stream up for a couple of days? I would happily avoid the rest of the scores for a few hours to watch the game in this fashion any weekend I couldn't get over to Gayfield, and I'm sure someone on here claimed to rewatch the game every Saturday evening after atteding the live match.

As a real life example, I was holidaying in Galloway last September when we played Hamilton at Gayfield. It was no real hardship to go walking in Glen Trool all day, play music rather than have the radio on in the car, then stream the game in the local pub later on.

Including a facility such as this in the season ticket might increase sales, and advertising an "as live" PPV might also raise revenue.