The Arbroath Thread

Would also like to see Paterson get a start and for the team to change up a bit and to be a bit more attacking minded 

In other news I saw Hancock started for Aberdeen. Watched the game and he didn’t look too great and then went off injured after half an hour 

6 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Scorers David Elliot and ?

Craig Martin ⚽🇱🇻🤩

I was there that night as a fresh faced 10 year old with my Dad & Grandad and remember it very well for one being a fantastic result and getting through in the cup but my grandad who is sadly no longer with us won the half time draw to the tune of £900 and split it with my dad, I asked for my cut but instead he bought me the full home strip lol. Great memories 

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

Just thought I would say....

It is actually becoming ridiculous at just how much AFC clothing and tops and leisurewear etc I am seeing getting worn everywhere around the town. So good to see

Never ever thought I’d see the day 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just thought I would say....

It is actually becoming ridiculous at just how much AFC clothing and tops and leisurewear etc I am seeing getting worn everywhere around the town. So good to see

Never ever thought I’d see the day 

It's brilliant to see, even the guy who delivered my pizza on Saturday night, rocked up in the new away top, superb 

6 minutes ago, ecto said:

It's brilliant to see, even the guy who delivered my pizza on Saturday night, rocked up in the new away top, superb 

🤣🤣🤣 aye it’s wee things like that that have been making me think what I’ve just said 

I mind about 2006 when we had the Portcullis sponsor I actually went into the Portcullis pub with my gran to buy a top. There was about me and 3 other guys in the whole of the academy with one. Now they’re absolutely everywhere and even the guys my age who never had any interest at all are all mad for going to Gayf 

Spoke to a guy who I used to play football with, he’s about 10 year older than me and back in the day he never supported anyone, spoke to him last year and asked what made him start coming and he told me that it was his daughter. Said she’d gotten interested through her primary school and the community trust and she dragged him along and now he’s hooked and going on away days the lot even when his daughter can’t make them. Both him and his daughter and her daughters pal (both girls decked out in full kits) on the same bus as me Saturday 😂 

I cannot believe what I’m seeing. That community trust thing and all that they do in schools and ALL the sports clubs has been massive. Fair play to getting that going. Paul Reid too, some of the stuff he was saying about what we are doing in the schools is so clever. Boys and girls of all ages getting into the club.

It’s hard for me to wrap my head around at times

31 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

🤣🤣🤣 aye it’s wee things like that that have been making me think what I’ve just said 

I mind about 2006 when we had the Portcullis sponsor I actually went into the Portcullis pub with my gran to buy a top. There was about me and 3 other guys in the whole of the academy with one. Now they’re absolutely everywhere and even the guys my age who never had any interest at all are all mad for going to Gayf 

Spoke to a guy who I used to play football with, he’s about 10 year older than me and back in the day he never supported anyone, spoke to him last year and asked what made him start coming and he told me that it was his daughter. Said she’d gotten interested through her primary school and the community trust and she dragged him along and now he’s hooked and going on away days the lot even when his daughter can’t make them. Both him and his daughter and her daughters pal (both girls decked out in full kits) on the same bus as me Saturday 😂 

I cannot believe what I’m seeing. That community trust thing and all that they do in schools and ALL the sports clubs has been massive. Fair play to getting that going. Paul Reid too, some of the stuff he was saying about what we are doing in the schools is so clever. Boys and girls of all ages getting into the club.

It’s hard for me to wrap my head around at times

It’s even more stark for folk of my age. When I was at the Academy in the early 80s there were only 3 in my year, including me, that went to Gayfield (that I knew of) and the other 2 were actually more Dundee United fans. Practically no kids went to games, never mind wearing kits or even admitting to being a fan.

It really is amazing and I wish all other teams in Scotland had the same feeling around the club as we do at the moment. The game would be far healthier for it.

ETA - I’m on holiday in England just now and I saw a guy earlier in a Stranraer kit, even though he was a grown man and looked ridiculous, it fair warmed my cockles, particularly in amongst the swathes of rangers and Celtic kits. 😆

Edited by Tattie36

My first game was the game we got pumped 4-0 by Spartans in the Cup in 2004, somehow been hooked ever since.

Can’t imagine how it must be for all the young ones now watching us fighting for the Championship title and beating Premiership teams. Long may it continue.

1 minute ago, ellichtie said:

My first game was the game we got pumped 4-0 by Spartans in the Cup in 2004, somehow been hooked ever since.

Can’t imagine how it must be for all the young ones now watching us fighting for the Championship title and beating Premiership teams. Long may it continue.

That game was actually 4-1. I think we were winning too. We also had a blatant goal not given when their keeper clawed it back when it was a good foot over the line. Well beaten though.

My eldest son was on the pitch at Stirling when he was 8 - I felt a bit jealous as I was almost 30 before I saw us even get promoted never mind win a title.

9 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

Wasn’t it 4-1? I’m sure we took the lead and then got absolutely pumped

We had to delay Monday's planned announcements as there has been several upgrades to the TV Gantry and Media Room over the summer so just wanted to make sure everything was in place before announcing. 

Arbroath FC TV will return to your screens for our home Premier Cup Matches against Cowdenbeath and Airdrieonians whilst it will also cover our friendly match against AFC Fylde. 

We are still awaiting on an official announcement from the Leagues if streaming of the Scottish Championship will be permitted this season. 

We shall bring you an update as soon as we know, but we suspect it may just be for overseas supporters as the pandemic comes to an end, and the 3pm live tv blackout returns.

However, on Wednesday evening supporters everywhere can purchase the Arbroath FC TV Streaming service for £10 over on https://arbroathfc.tv/

Edited by Gayfield