The Arbroath Thread

13 hours ago, stan3600 said:

I never understood the fuss

He was MOTM in a few games, bossed midfield and was outstanding in most of his games - there is much more to a player than scoring goals or providing assists. His work rate was fantastic - a quality player for sure.

12 hours ago, stan3600 said:

I never understood the fuss. 17 games, 1 goal 0 assists. He’ll never make it at Rangers or in the Premier League.

He definitely gave us something in midfield that we’ve been lacking since he left. We’re crying out for a physical, aggressive central midfielder imo.

Crying out for some creativity and once again Paterson is left on the bench. Give the boy a chance to show what he can do !!!!! 

The substitutions are so predictable, same most weeks. Hilson, Craigen and no doubt Donnelly had he been available. 

What an incredible result that is, What a way to start the new season 🇱🇻⚽💪 Mon the Red Lichties, Delighted to see Patterson get on and get the goal, Like @1320Lichtie said he could be like a new signing, Great talent and fantastic potential, Quick, creative and likes to take players on. 

Enjoy your weekend Lichties 🍻🤩

48 minutes ago, Fifelichtie said:

Crying out for some creativity and once again Paterson is left on the bench. Give the boy a chance to show what he can do !!!!! 

The substitutions are so predictable, same most weeks. Hilson, Craigen and no doubt Donnelly had he been available. 

Strange to moan about such a brilliant result. Never pleasing some 

Fosu fair play and respect brother you had a good game coming on 

Patterson could be like a new signing 
But Lichtie23 said he was the worst player he has ever seen. Surely he wasnt any good today!

5 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
55 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:
Fosu fair play and respect brother you had a good game coming on 

Patterson could be like a new signing 

But Lichtie23 said he was the worst player he has ever seen. Surely he wasnt any good today!

You seem salty 

23 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Where did I moan about the result ??? It was superb ! FYI score was 0-0 when I posted. Remind me who scored? 

24 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

42 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Sad to hear of the passing of ex Lichtie Adam Strachan. A massive part of our championship win under Sheerin 

I know mate I was well gutted when I heard the news late last night, will always remember that goal against the Mo on title winning day, Just a superb way to end with that cheeky finish and celebration. Absolute Quality

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Thomas O’Brien on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in our Lichties 1-0 win at St Mirren yesterday. TOB was his normal rock at the heart of our defence as we recorded our 1st win over a top flight side since 1979. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

BDA3DF94-A93B-475C-85DB-E47C7AAD9C3A.jpeg

2 hours ago, TASC_1878 said:

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Thomas O’Brien on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in our Lichties 1-0 win at St Mirren yesterday. TOB was his normal rock at the heart of our defence as we recorded our 1st win over a top flight side since 1979. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

Did I dream that we beat premier league Raith Rovers 2-1 at Starks Park in the 1993-94 League Cup? 

I gave my (sadly now deceased) Rovers supporting workmate a lift. He did not enjoy the journey home with 3 celebrating Lichties

Did I dream that we beat premier league Raith Rovers 2-1 at Starks Park in the 1993-94 League Cup? 
I gave my (sadly now deceased) Rovers supporting workmate a lift. He did not enjoy the journey home with 3 celebrating Lichties
You did not dream it.

The next round we got pumped 9-1 by Celtic at home.

I think Dylan Paterson showed us on Saturday what he can offer with some great play and a sweet left foot finish. Surely there’s a case for keeping him at Gayfield this season and bringing him on ourselves. He didn’t seem to prosper on loan last season.