The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Am I the only one that finds our Facebook/Twitter feeds to be a lot of drivel?Just continuous photos of people in their new Arbroath kit, or whatever’s on sale at the club shop. Something interesting like a goal of the day, what happened on this day in …. Etc etc would improve it ten

Yes, probably, gotta lighten up

Edited by ecto

6 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

These artificial pitches are not good for any players knees ( I know this from experience).

I know some clubs have them as they bring in additional income from renting to the local sports community - but they are not good for players to run or turn and twist on - so many players have been injured playing on these plastic pitches.

The ball never bounces the same on these pitches and doing sliding tackles is not ideal.

I highly doubt Nicky Low will be playing - not worth the risk.

What a load of absolute nonsense.

37 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Look. It’s an opinion. You don’t share it. That’s all it is 

Was there not a poll done where the players preferences were stated between grass and plastic a few years back?

Anyway Nicky Low trains on plastic two nights a week. Like nearly every player in the country. It’s not a big deal 

1 hour ago, KTID26 said:

There is a much higher risk of getting injured playing on an artificial turf - in particular ACL injuries and also injuries to your legs, feet and ankles.

The ball also does not bounce the same on a plastic pitch - you can dispute this all you like, but these are the facts and football players prefer playing on natural grass.

I personally injured both my knees playing on artificial turf.

I agree that new artificial turf has improved a lot in recent year ( no doubt about that) - but professional football players would rather play on natural grass.

5 hours ago, KTID26 said:

Would you compare the recent Glebe Park or Firhiill grass pitches with the Gayfield playing surface?

If you had to watch Killie on the abominable  surface at Links Park, you would want to go back to grass.

Ask Lucas Birnstigl.

6 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Would you compare the recent Glebe Park or Firhiill grass pitches with the Gayfield playing surface?

If you had to watch Killie on the abominable  surface at Links Park, you would want to go back to grass.

Ask Lucas Birnstigl.

Firhill was a disgrace last season, and to be honest the fact the league should have done something about it, the state of the pitch at Glebe park has been an issue for a while, and Gayfield is a bowling green compared to them, the issue for me with artificial surfaces is the inconsistencies of quality and let's be very clear, the pitch at Montrose is no where near the worse, Killie, QoS, Airdrie, Hamilton and Clyde to name a few 

Players to prefer grass, don't doubt that, but clubs have survive and most of these pitches provide a secondary income, so love or loathe them, they are here to stay, unfortunately 

A brutal watch for the most part. Montrose maybe the better side. Arbroath without ToB, Low, McKenna, Donnelly, Paterson. None of the 3 trialists looked great until the last minute when one scored the equaliser with a rocket from 30 yards. Sign him!

8 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
40 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:
That number 37 is the worst player Iv ever seen………then he rockets that into the top bag from 20 yards in the turn. Ooft 

That's harsh when he was on the same pitch as number 34.

34 the RB? 

8 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:
47 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:
34 the RB? 

Yeah the RB. Thought he was a bit better second half but looked out of his depth

I think they all improved in the 2nd half 

16 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:
That number 37 is the worst player Iv ever seen………then he rockets that into the top bag from 20 yards in the turn. Ooft 

Obviously you never seen Joe Prince Wright play for us.

I did and I stand by what I said