The Arbroath Thread

The board deserve huge praise. I’ve had a few people tell me over the last 3 or 4 years or so that Arbroath could easily be the next Cowdenbeath or Brechin, as they were in our position only a few short years ago.

The difference that I point out is that Cowdenbeath and Brechin in particular, never saw their stints in the Championship as an opportunity to grow and - I hate this saying - “future proof” their clubs.

Imo, the board see this as the main objective for Arbroath. Build a strong, community based club; increase the fan-base, particularly kids; invest in facilities and just generally raise the profile of the club within Arbroath and beyond. A successful club benefits the entire town.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

The board deserve huge praise. I’ve had a few people tell me over the last 3 or 4 years or so that Arbroath could easily be the next Cowdenbeath or Brechin, as they were in our position only a few short years ago.

The difference that I point out is that Cowdenbeath and Brechin in particular, never saw their stints in the Championship as an opportunity to grow and - I hate this saying - “future proof” their clubs.

Imo, the board see this as the main objective for Arbroath. Build a strong, community based club; increase the fan-base, particularly kids; invest in facilities and just generally raise the profile of the club within Arbroath and beyond. A successful club benefits the entire town.

And they have done all of the above. The improvements across the board are ridiculous. Also the comparisons to Brechin and Cowdenbeath are daft, bigger club than both even when we were doing shite our part time crowds were near the best. 

Going off figures from a couple of year ago our 

5th placed finish = £250k prize money 

7th placed finish = £212k prize money 

2nd placed finish = £475k prize money 

Average crowds and hospitality (which has been extended by a fair amount of people with the construction work) sold out when we have been able to outwith the Covid periods about 14-1500 in seasons prior to last season and 1750 last season (1200 season tickets) which really would’ve been closer to 2k if restrictions and rearranged midweek games never happened (because of Covid). But again we got that £500k grant to help cover costs of no fans

That’s a phenomenal feat from boardroom level obviously massively helped by the performances on the park

FT commercial director bringing in revenue from what seems like everywhere with loads of new ideas and a community trust that is actively doing wonders in the town

Its an incredible change in say the last 10 year. Like a different club. Looking forward to seeing a spruced up Gayfield in a few weeks time and hopefully we can stay in this league once again 

Just for comparison on that prize money by the way (again figures from a couple year ago) 

Prize money in League 1

1st - £125k

2nd - £107k

3rd- £87.5k

4th - £85k

5th - £82k

6th - £80K

L2 champions = £67.5k

Shows you how beneficial being in this league is to us. Last season we received approximately £390k more in prize money than a club like Falkirk. 

Reckon we need to get a couple of strong signings in this week. 

Gives them a  chance to settle in and also gets some serious momentum going on season ticket sales. 

This would give a clear indication on what the club's all about on the park.

Edited by DUAFC

58 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Reckon we need to get a couple of strong signings in this week. 

Gives them a  chance to settle in and also gets some serious momentum going on season ticket sales. 

This would give a clear indication on what the club's all about on the park.

As I don’t live in Arbroath, are there any rumours going around town as to any potential signings?

21 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

As I don’t live in Arbroath, are there any rumours going around town as to any potential signings?

Not a peep 

I don’t think we need them in any time frame. Take as long as we need to get the best we can

Dont want any more Fords or Bakares

Signing wise - everything points towards us potentially picking up a trialist or two in the next few weeks who looks good in training/ pre season games and 2 or 3 loan signings made around mid August.

It'll be interesting to see if our endeavours in England bring up anything worthwhile over the next few months....

Anyone from the club looking in, it would be helpful to get this season's fixtures populated on the fixtures section on the official website. 

Also anyone any idea how non season ticket holders buy tickets for either the forthcoming friendly or the home Premier cup matches ??

16 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Anyone from the club looking in, it would be helpful to get this season's fixtures populated on the fixtures section on the official website. 

Also anyone any idea how non season ticket holders buy tickets for either the forthcoming friendly or the home Premier cup matches ??

They’ll be released on the week of the game I imagine just like they are during the season. Season tickets don’t count for Premier Sports Cup games 

The only friendly we have at Gayfield is 4 weeks away. The first home fixture 3 weeks away. Plenty time for that yet 

6 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Sorry guys ignore this ,according to google it could be Meadowbank.

Yea. They only used Ainslie Park while Meadowbank was getting renovated. They were meant to be back their in November 2021 IIRC but obviously that didn’t happen. 

They are all there.  I spent a few hours on the morning of the release date adding each one and badge.

https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/matches#fixtures

If you click season start at the bottom, it brings them all up.

Ticket details will be announced soon for the Home Premier Cup matches and the AFC Fylde friendly.

3 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Edited by Gayfield

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Might as well make it home fans only

Might as well make it home fans only

Average attendance of 350 last season, and look to have alienated a fair bit of their support with the whole rebranding nonsense so I think there’ll be plenty space for a couple of hundred away fans