The Arbroath Thread

16 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Sunday Post say Nicky Low is staying at Arbroath. Phew. That’s a relief.

Probably got an improved contract, but still, good news 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Was already on a 2 year

Nothing to say that his current contract couldn't be ripped up and get a new one on new terms

2 minutes ago, ecto said:

Nothing to say that his current contract couldn't be ripped up and get a new one on new terms

But why? I think the whole Nicky Low thing been taken from an interview he done with his local paper saying he was a Morton fan and Greenock lad and it’s all come from that. Probably had no intention of going anywhere this season in first place 

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

But why? I think the whole Nicky Low thing been taken from an interview he done with his local paper saying he was a Morton fan and Greenock lad and it’s all come from that. Probably had no intention of going anywhere this season in first place 

I think you're probably right

Young Shanks got Inverurie player of the year, players player of the year and the top goal scorer. We usually sign our main strikers as loan players and imagine he will be a squad player but it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on

Stays around Inverurie by the look of it so he’s gonna be travelling an awful lot so he will need to get used to that 

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

That’s a very decent goal return but I feel even I could get 2-3 goals against Fort William

Looking forward to seeing the young lad in pre season. 

I did and nobody noticed 😁

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Was there naw some chat a while ago that Nicky Low is happier as a part-timer anyway as it helps him manage his injuries better?

There was, but the full-time itch, sometimes needs scratched 

1 minute ago, timlichtie said:

A 20 year old striker with a decent goal tally has to be a good signing. We must have parted with some cash as he had a year left on his contract. Ex Aberdeen. Maybe a Sheerin tip?

Thinking more a team360 one. Sports consultants who after a quick scroll through have Chris Hamilton, Ben Williamson and Callum Smith on their books

Watching their YouTube highlights and the standard in that Highland League looks lower end League 2 and that’s the better teams so the goal tally got to be taken with a pinch of salt. Hester a great example, more interested in how he is as an all round player. Looks like the reason he ended up at Inverurie purely because it’s his local side so maybe one of them that got missed by league clubs when he was let go by Aberdeen (during Covid which made things more difficult I imagine) 

17 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thinking more a team360 one. Sports consultants who after a quick scroll through have Chris Hamilton, Ben Williamson and Callum Smith on their books

Watching their YouTube highlights and the standard in that Highland League looks lower end League 2 and that’s the better teams so the goal tally got to be taken with a pinch of salt. Hester a great example, more interested in how he is as an all round player. Looks like the reason he ended up at Inverurie purely because it’s his local side so maybe one of them that got missed by league clubs when he was let go by Aberdeen (during Covid which made things more difficult I imagine) 

According to my father-in-law, season ticket holder at Brechin, top 6 Highland league, could probably compete at the lower end of league 2, the rest are absolute dross, steep learning curve for the laddie, but in Dick we trust