The Arbroath Thread

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Why? He’s not going to go to the Prem. in Championship there’ll be limited options a lot of teams might already have central midfielders. Dunfermline will pay better than Morton, Ayr, Hamilton and he’s not going PT with us or Cove. Raith have about 15 centre mids and he wouldn’t suit them. Partick sorted in midfield too I’m sure. Dundee? Suspect they’ll be looking for better. QP I’ve no idea but couldn’t see him there either and Dunfermline local for him too I’m sure.

After playing nearly every game in a top 2 team in the championship and rarely having a bad game, I would be slightly surprised if he ended up down a league, technically 2 leagues as he was a Hearts player essentially. I dont know enough about the teams you have mentioned but if they are all not looking for a Defensive midfielder then he may well end up at a Dunfermline, particularly if its local.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

After playing nearly every game in a top 2 team in the championship and rarely having a bad game, I would be slightly surprised if he ended up down a league, technically 2 leagues as he was a Hearts player essentially. I dont know enough about the teams you have mentioned but if they are all not looking for a Defensive midfielder then he may well end up at a Dunfermline, particularly if its local.

Dunfermline and indeed Falkirk a bit of an anomaly though. They’ll be back up soon. I know Falkirk in particular have been an absolute car crash. Dunfermline be paying great wages and are a big club though, he’s only a young lad too

If I had the choice I’d sign for Dunfermline over most teams in this league that’s without them even being local. If he gets a chance at Livi though that would be great for him although I am not sure if he’s good enough with ball at his feet for middle of the park in the Prem

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

It's about staying full time, who offers the most money, this isn't difficult, surely

Might be miles off but I reckon Livingstons new striker Esmael Gonçalves will end up here for 6 months 

Martindale said and I quote ‘ I am confident that Esma, once up to speed, will become a valuable member of our first team squad ‘

Welcome to Gayfield 

He's 31 in a few weeks and has played in Scotland on two previous occasions, I can think of any reason why he would be getting loaned to the Championship for 6 months.

2 hours ago, ecto said:

It's about staying full time, who offers the most money, this isn't difficult, surely

I am not saying for one minute he would be even considering coming to us as he should quite rightfully be staying full time. Just thought there may have been a couple of championship clubs interested in him.

59 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's 31 in a few weeks and has played in Scotland on two previous occasions, I can think of any reason why he would be getting loaned to the Championship for 6 months.

Barely played first team football recently by the look of it? 

Bruce Anderson number 1

Jack Hamilton as back up 

for 6 month 

Let Gonçalves get fit and half a season under his belt here? Don’t think that’s outrageous, it’s pure guesswork though. Just going off the Livi / Arbroath and Martindale / DC connection 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Bruce Anderson number 1
Jack Hamilton as back up 

for 6 month 

Let Gonçalves get fit and half a season under his belt here? Don’t think that’s outrageous, it’s pure guesswork though. Just going off the Livi / Arbroath and Martindale / DC connection 

He’s got a full preseason to go through before the games start. You’d also imagine he’ll be coming in ahead of Hamilton in the pecking order given he’s already been in Scottish football and done relatively well. He’s not a complete unknown like Nouble was.

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s got a full preseason to go through before the games start. You’d also imagine he’ll be coming in ahead of Hamilton in the pecking order given he’s already been in Scottish football and done relatively well. He’s not a complete unknown like Nouble was.

Ashame if that’s the case be good to see Jack get a chance. Match fitness and pre season fitness also quite a bit different. It was just a left field shout, it wouldn’t surprise me 

27 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ashame if that’s the case be good to see Jack get a chance. Match fitness and pre season fitness also quite a bit different. It was just a left field shout, it wouldn’t surprise me 

I would hazard a guess that you’d be more likely to get Jack Hamilton back than get Goncalves.

Not that I think either will happen though. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bruce Anderson number 1

Jack Hamilton as back up 

for 6 month 

I don't think it's possible at all. Isma will have a preseason to get up to speed, I suspect he's also signed to play as a winger not a striker so Bruce/Jack don't factor into it. He's essentially a Forrest/Bailey replacement.

Sadly I also think that the massive success of Nouble will mean we're hesitant to do such deals so fast again. If Nouble had stayed with us instead of getting 6 months with you we could've been top 6/Europe. Then again he might not have settled if he didn't go out on loan.

Worth noting that Jack Hamilton still hasn't signed the contract with us, although if he doesn't I can see him just sitting out of football until he's 23 as very little chance someone is paying 200k+ for him.

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

As far as I know he's been signed to play on the wing so it doesn't even factor in. He could always fill in as a striker, but so can Shinnie

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I don't think it's possible at all. Isma will have a preseason to get up to speed, I suspect he's also signed to play as a winger not a striker so Bruce/Jack don't factor into it. He's essentially a Forrest/Bailey replacement.

Sadly I also think that the massive success of Nouble will mean we're hesitant to do such deals so fast again. If Nouble had stayed with us instead of getting 6 months with you we could've been top 6/Europe. Then again he might not have settled if he didn't go out on loan.

Worth noting that Jack Hamilton still hasn't signed the contract with us, although if he doesn't I can see him just sitting out of football until he's 23 as very little chance someone is paying 200k+ for him.

That is pretty shite for Jack, be a year wasted but obviously Livingston got to look after themselves too...

43 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That is pretty shite for Jack, be a year wasted but obviously Livingston got to look after themselves too...

Yeah I’m not sure what he’s thinking to be honest. I imagine if no one pays the cash we’ll try use him in a swap deal somewhere 

Ian Campbell saying additional players we need will be well in to July. These will be the loan guys. 

Please in meantime sign a left winger, the thought of Craigen and Hilson having to play out there all through pre season and the league cup games is making me want to cry

Edited by 1320Lichtie

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ian Campbell saying additional players we need will be well in to July. These will be the loan guys. 

Please in meantime sign a left winger, the thought of Craigen and Hilson having to play out there all through pre season and the league cup games is making me want to cry

What's happened to your winger that DC called "Messi"mind he was raving about him last year when he signed