The Arbroath Thread

Sorry to see Liam Henderson leave but it looks like a good move for him. He should be playing regular first team football and I think Falkirk will be pushing for promotion next season.

Think last season may have been a one off for us unless the manager can find another Joel Nouble. Full time teams will be strengthened by having the pick of Premiership players who have been released and can't find another Premiership club. I expect Cove Rangers to do well and with Ian Murray as manger I think Raith Rovers will as well.

Will Chris Hamilton be with us next season?

28 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Sorry to see Liam Henderson leave but it looks like a good move for him. He should be playing regular first team football and I think Falkirk will be pushing for promotion next season.

Think last season may have been a one off for us unless the manager can find another Joel Nouble. Full time teams will be strengthened by having the pick of Premiership players who have been released and can't find another Premiership club. I expect Cove Rangers to do well and with Ian Murray as manger I think Raith Rovers will as well.

Will Chris Hamilton be with us next season?

We challenged for the title course it was a one off 

But we’ve got the spine of a decent starting 11 at this level. You’ve just mentioned teams having the pick of the released Premiership players. They’re guys like Pigniatello and O’Connor who Morton have signed. Pigniatello isn’t good enough to play for us and O’Connor absolutely hopeless in games we played against QotS. These are the guys these clubs we will be battling with are picking up. 

I think Dundee will win league and be the best team. Outside of that Inverness, Partick look decent again. Raith maybe be in that bracket too and it’ll be anyone’s guess after that. Imagine ourselves, Morton, Hamilton, Ayr, QP and Cove will occupy positions 5-10 in some order 

with 

Gaston

RB

Little

ToB

Hammy

Stewart

Low 

CM

LM

McKenna

ST

We are in a solid position starting 11 wise. Not got any fear about us defensively with the guys we’ve got. 18 clean sheets last year and for me the 2 best centre halves in the league

Its goals and creativity that will be the issue, only Bobby and Nicky as proper technical creative players in that squad. It’s why I was disappointed we re signed both LD and Hilson as we really need more in terms of goals and creativity uptop. I would’ve kept one and that’s another debate but 2 guys in attacking positions who really do not look like contributing to the above is a strange one for me

Keaghan Jacobs

Arbroath FC are delighted to announce that midfielder Keaghan Jacobs has agreed terms to sign for Arbroath next season.

Keaghan, 32, is a product of Livingston’s youth teams and has become a legend at Livingston where he was loved by all of their fans, and has played in every level of the Scottish League for the Lions.

From scoring on his first team Livingston debut in November 2007, Keaghan has also a special record as he has a set of younger triplet brothers and all 4 brothers played together for Livingston against Albion Rovers in 2010.

Since then Keaghan has become the club's current appearance holder with 309 games.

Keaghan moved to his native South Africa for a season in 2015 with Bidvest Wits but returned to Livingston the following season.

In January Keaghan signed on loan for Falkirk and this week announced that he was leaving Livingston.

Arbroath Manager Dick Campbell has moved fast to sign Keaghan who is best known for adding steel and style to a midfield and helps driving his team forward.

This is another excellent signing for Arbroath and we are sure all our fans will give him a very warm welcome.

Welcome Keaghan!

C’mon the Lichties

Keaghan Jacobs copy.jpg

If he's fit and back to his best he's some signing. Sadly it looks like injuries have fucked him though - but if anyone can get the best out of him it's Dick Campbell. For us he grew into the mould of a whole hearted CM. Big meaty tackles and dominating the middle of the park. 

Absolutely love the guy so I hope this turns into a good move for him and can squeeze a bit more joy out the end of his career. His stint at Falkirk is the only football he's played for almost three years. If he's able to get over that injury and get into the rhythm of regular football he should be incredible in an Arbroath side under Campbell. 

Can't let him go elsewhere without giving you this belter as well: 

46 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We challenged for the title course it was a one off 

But we’ve got the spine of a decent starting 11 at this level. You’ve just mentioned teams having the pick of the released Premiership players. They’re guys like Pigniatello and O’Connor who Morton have signed. Pigniatello isn’t good enough to play for us and O’Connor absolutely hopeless in games we played against QotS. These are the guys these clubs we will be battling with are picking up. 

I think Dundee will win league and be the best team. Outside of that Inverness, Partick look decent again. Raith maybe be in that bracket too and it’ll be anyone’s guess after that. Imagine ourselves, Morton, Hamilton, Ayr, QP and Cove will occupy positions 5-10 in some order 

with 

Gaston

RB

Little

ToB

Hammy

Stewart

Low 

CM

LM

McKenna

ST

We are in a solid position starting 11 wise. Not got any fear about us defensively with the guys we’ve got. 18 clean sheets last year and for me the 2 best centre halves in the league

Its goals and creativity that will be the issue, only Bobby and Nicky as proper technical creative players in that squad. It’s why I was disappointed we re signed both LD and Hilson as we really need more in terms of goals and creativity uptop. I would’ve kept one and that’s another debate but 2 guys in attacking positions who really do not look like contributing to the above is a strange one for me

Absolutely no reason Arbroath can’t challenge again. Each season the players are in the league the better they will become unlike most teams having massive changes in their squad 

Just now, Monkfish85 said:

Absolutely no reason Arbroath can’t challenge again. Each season the players are in the league the better they will become unlike most teams having massive changes in their squad 

Would love you to be right but I personally can’t see it. End of last season showed it was a much of a muchness. Momentum etc mean so much. Anything but bottom two spots again for me 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Would love you to be right but I personally can’t see it. End of last season showed it was a much of a muchness. Momentum etc mean so much. Anything but bottom two spots again for me 

Would bet a lot of money on Arbroath at least pushing for play offs. We were hardly out of sight at Christmas and only lost the league but 2 points ( and a better goal difference ). That’s no fluke 

Would bet a lot of money on Arbroath at least pushing for play offs. We were hardly out of sight at Christmas and only lost the league but 2 points ( and a better goal difference ). That’s no fluke 

To be honest, getting a loanee as good as Nouble is as good as a fluke.

Arbroath FC 2022/2022 New Macron Home and Away Kits

Arbroath FC are delighted to announce that we are launching a brand new Macron Home and Away Kit for season 2022/2023.

The home kit will be available to purchase from the Arbroath Club Shop in the Abbeygate Centre from Thursday 23rd June and the Away Kit will be available from Thursday 7th July.

The home kit keeps our traditional maroon colour and has a button collar, whilst it will be paired with white shorts and maroon socks.

The away kit is fresh and clean white with small maroon bands running horizontally and will be paired with maroon shorts and white socks.

Both new kits are beautiful, but we feel many fans will love the new away kit!

We are delighted that Megatech Projects Ltd have continued their long standing friendships and sponsorship as our main sponsor, whilst Murray Taylor also continue their long sponsorship as our short sponsor.

On the back of the shirt we are delighted again Moir Construction have continued their partnership with the club as their logo proudly sits on the top of the back of our shirts whilst we welcome Wallace Veterinary Centres as a brand new bottom shirt sponsor.

We also welcome another brand new sponsor in utilita who become our shirt sleeve sponsor. We are delighted to welcome both companies on board!

We have kept the same prices as last season, and as always it really does benefit when you are a season ticket holder to get your discount!

Arbroath Macron Price Guide
(Price in Brackets is Season Ticket Discount Price)

Kids Home Kit (Top, Shorts, Socks) - £65.00 (£58.50)
Kids Away Kit (Top, Shorts, Socks) - £65.00 (£58.50)
Kids Goalkeeping Kit (Top, Shorts, Socks) £75.00 (67.50)

Adult Home Top £50.00 (£45.00)
Adult Away Top £50.00 (£45.00)
Adult Full Kit (Top, Shorts, Socks) - £75.00 (£67.50)

For sizing, please visit https://www.macron.com/uk/size-guide

We look forward to seeing these strips being worn across Arbroath and beyond!

C’mon the Lichties!

kit reveal FINAL.PNG

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Home is beautiful. Love a shirt with a collar. Away isn’t great IMO. Iv always been a fan of a black away kit 

Don't agree, the away is superb, although I liked our black kit, am kind of old school, dark first strip, light change strip and vice versa