The Arbroath Thread

16 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Cammy Gill confirmed 

Pretty amazed you have gone for him, I presume as a back up because I don't think he's covered himself in much glory this season. In fact if you saw the Bonnyrigg away highlights he is a complete mess for the goal the score from the corner.

Hope Rab can improve him and he goes on to have a good career but feel like he really does need to develop every aspect of his game 

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Pretty amazed you have gone for him, I presume as a back up because I don't think he's covered himself in much glory this season. In fact if you saw the Bonnyrigg away highlights he is a complete mess for the goal the score from the corner.

Hope Rab can improve him and he goes on to have a good career but feel like he really does need to develop every aspect of his game 

He’s a goalkeeper coach isn’t he? 

I don’t think he has been brought in to challenge Gats, he will be another player brought in to sit on the bench for the year then move on. 

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

He’s a goalkeeper coach isn’t he? 

I don’t think he has been brought in to challenge Gats, he will be another player brought in to sit on the bench for the year then move on. 

Yeh just kids and by all accounts he's really good at that side of things, I thought he might consider doing that 100% of the time.

17 minutes ago, 101 said:

He will be third choice keeper after Gaston and Davie Gold

13 minutes ago, Trump said:

That’s Henderson signed for Falkirk now. Didn’t get a sniff last time and looks like he was highly rated by you guys, what can we expect?

A very good centre half who can play left back and defensive midfield well too

Quick, tall, good in air and great on the ball when he’s centre half.

A good player

Not a great start to the summer for us 

20 minutes ago, Trump said:

That’s Henderson signed for Falkirk now. Didn’t get a sniff last time and looks like he was highly rated by you guys, what can we expect?

Utility player who’s probably best played as a holding midfielder. Does a good job at LB but had no chance of taking that spot from Hammy. Should do well in League 1

18 minutes ago, Trump said:

Excellent player and a very good signing - really surprised he has left Arbroath, but he will be looking for regular starts ( which he never got at Arbroath).

He will prove to be one of your better players - for sure.

1 minute ago, clashcityrocker said:

Excellent player and a very good signing - really surprised he has left Arbroath, but he will be looking for regular starts ( which he never got at Arbroath).

He will prove to be one of your better players - for sure.

We must have only given him one year it’s probably all he was looking for I imagine his thought process would’ve been a return to FT football

His move to Oz kind of halted his FT career progression I think he could go on to have a great career  

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think he could go on to have a great career  

He is only 25 years old - he will continue to improve as a player and I think he could have been a squad player for one of the lower Premier League clubs.

Thats a great signing for Falkirk.

St Mirren - hopefully away to tick it off

Airdrie - hopefully home cause that ground is depressing

Edinburgh City - hopefully home although not too arsed

Cowdenbeath - hopefully away for one last visit 

Overall we will beat Cowden and Edinburgh City - game v Airdrie probably decide it. St Mirren could get a result - we will more than likely have 3/4 more players to sign by time it comes around so a weakened team again 

Still though good to see some fixtures even if the draw is terrible 

11 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Do certain seeds play other seeds at home? Probably be able to figure it out if we look back to previous competitions. 

1st seeds normally always gets 2nd seeds at home , that’s the way it has been last few seasons