The Arbroath Thread

4 hours ago, DUAFC said:

See Livi are bringing in a few more interesting players.....🤞

If anything we'll end up sending Arbroath Harrison Clark (CM) or Brian Schwake (GK) I imagine. 

The guys coming in are apparently fighting for first team spots - Bitsindou is a DR Congo Internationalist. I can see Josh Mullin going out on loan as well maybe a shot at Arbroath?

I'd say it's basically a given we'll end up loaning you someone or maybe 2. Dick Campbell was a speaker at our PotY awards last night as well, could very well have organised something last night :D 

Edited by ATLIS

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

If anything we'll end up sending Arbroath Harrison Clark (CM) or Brian Schwake (GK) I imagine. 

The guys coming in are apparently fighting for first team spots - Bitsindou is a DR Congo Internationalist. I can see Josh Mullin going out on loan as well maybe a shot at Arbroath?

No chance we will take Clark back. And we have Gaston signed for the goal so Schwake wouldn’t get a game 

Bitsindou sounds interesting 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Clark won’t be back I wouldn’t imagine. Just let us keep Jack Hamilton for the season and maybe that big lad Nouble 😉

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

No chance we will take Clark back. And we have Gaston signed for the goal so Schwake wouldn’t get a game 

Bitsindou sounds interesting 

I don't think there's any chance at all we'd be loaning Bitsindou out. He'll be coming in to play first team games for us I think.

Jack Hamilton is out of contract and hasn't signed on but we'd be due a decent 100-200k at least in compensation for him if anyone wants to sign him.

Guys that are contracted for next season but aren't likely to play are/could go out on loan potentially:

Brian Schwake (GK)
Harrison Clark (CM)
Jackson Longridge (LB)
Josh Mullin (RW)
Jaze Kabia (RW)

Beyond that the rest of them are all out of contract and away.

I don't think there's any chance at all we'd be loaning Bitsindou out. He'll be coming in to play first team games for us I think.

Jack Hamilton is out of contract and hasn't signed on but we'd be due a decent 100-200k at least in compensation for him if anyone wants to sign him.

Guys that are contracted for next season but aren't likely to play are/could go out on loan potentially:

Brian Schwake (GK)
Harrison Clark (CM)
Jackson Longridge (LB)
Josh Mullin (RW)
Jaze Kabia (RW)

Beyond that the rest of them are all out of contract and away.

Is compensation due if you dont offer him a new contract and let him go?

8 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Is compensation due if you dont offer him a new contract and let him go?

No, but we've offered him a new contract. I think the rule is that it needs to be an improved contract, which we've offered him.

No, but we've offered him a new contract. I think the rule is that it needs to be an improved contract, which we've offered him.

Guys a player and looked so much better than he did with us last season 

Guys a player and looked so much better than he did with us last season 

That makes me hopeful to be honest, for whatever reason he was shocking in the first half of the season but the longer he spends in the Championship the easier the step up will be for him. I believe it'll just take a goal for it to click for him in the Premiership, once he gets that next season he should settle and compete with Anderson. 

He's got huge competition in Anderson though who got 13 for us this season

That makes me hopeful to be honest, for whatever reason he was shocking in the first half of the season but the longer he spends in the Championship the easier the step up will be for him. I believe it'll just take a goal for it to click for him in the Premiership, once he gets that next season he should settle and compete with Anderson. 

He's got huge competition in Anderson though who got 13 for us this season

Without exaggerating I can’t ever really remember us having someone upfront who won as much as he did in the air. Also showed a real turn of pace and great quality left foot and right. The goal On his left v QoTS our goal of season hands down 

Without exaggerating I can’t ever really remember us having someone upfront who won as much as he did in the air. Also showed a real turn of pace and great quality left foot and right. The goal On his left v QoTS our goal of season hands down 

Yeah I'd seen a few of his goals and have kept up to date with him. He looks like one of the better players at that level so hopefully it's a case of him developing over the summer even further. He'll get a few starts in the Betfred Groups I'd imagine.

Nouble was phenomenal for us btw, not sure I've seen a player with such ability to drag us up the park and keep the ball at Livi before. He absolutely bullies defenders at Premiership level, you can't get the ball off him at all. The only downside is that he's hopeless in front of goal, but that's completely forgiven with the amount he contributes in build up play. 

I think Hamilton did a lot of shadowing of Dykes in training which probably explains a lot of his physical play up front. If he can do half as much as Dykes did for us he'll be on to a winner to be fair :D 

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah I'd seen a few of his goals and have kept up to date with him. He looks like one of the better players at that level so hopefully it's a case of him developing over the summer even further. He'll get a few starts in the Betfred Groups I'd imagine.

Nouble was phenomenal for us btw, not sure I've seen a player with such ability to drag us up the park and keep the ball at Livi before. He absolutely bullies defenders at Premiership level, you can't get the ball off him at all. The only downside is that he's hopeless in front of goal, but that's completely forgiven with the amount he contributes in build up play. 

I think Hamilton did a lot of shadowing of Dykes in training which probably explains a lot of his physical play up front. If he can do half as much as Dykes did for us he'll be on to a winner to be fair :D 

Always knew Nouble would do the business. Genuinely absolutely ridiculous watching him play in this league. He stood out a million miles. His finishing needs work definitely but overall ability and the amount of chances he creates and what he does for the team absolutely unbelievable what a fkn player

I think Hamilton did a lot of shadowing of Dykes in training which probably explains a lot of his physical play up front. If he can do half as much as Dykes did for us he'll be on to a winner to be fair [emoji3] 
Haha yeah he has the ball stuck to his so much going past players he doesnt seem to know how to get the ball unstuck to get a good shot off.

But im sure next season he will get a good handful of goals for you lot.

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

Haha yeah he has the ball stuck to his so much going past players he doesnt seem to know how to get the ball unstuck to get a good shot off.

But im sure next season he will get a good handful of goals for you lot.

It's hilarious sometimes because he'll absolutely do 2, 3, 4 players sometimes then throw a random foot in the balls direction when he wants to shoot :D I'm hoping it's something they work on in the summer with him. Could be a case of once he gets one he can't stop

It's hilarious sometimes because he'll absolutely do 2, 3, 4 players sometimes then throw a random foot in the balls direction when he wants to shoot [emoji3] I'm hoping it's something they work on in the summer with him. Could be a case of once he gets one he can't stop
I miss those days of watching him do that.

8 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Donnelly really has to be in the last chance saloon. No league goals in 2 and a half years is a mental stat considering how much he has played.

8 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

He isnt good enough for this level. If he was, DC would not have brought in 4 strikers on loan this season and played them ahead of him.

I know certain fans love him but he was barely scoring for Stranraer in League 1 when we bought him. He has scored some for us but its clear to see he lacks the ability to play at this level as a striker and he doesnt fit into the tactics in any other position.

8 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

It’s mental how much game time he gets for such little return. I was convinced he’d played his last game for us after the defeat to Aberdeen B where he was hopeless against a bunch kids. His goal (not) scoring record is atrocious and indefensible. It’s not like he doesn’t have plenty of opportunities.

No doubt some will be on to defend him and mention his assists and general play etc, but the bottom line is that he’s meant to be striker, and at the moment he’s the only one on our books.

I don’t dislike him and he’s obviously a good player with ability but he’s just never fulfilled his potential - so frustrating. He played well in the cups against Kelty and Forfar which I think tells us that that’s his level.

Just catching up with latest posts.

I get the feeling that the management can be stubborn and hate to admit that they are wrong about anything, so keep playing Donnelley and extending his contract.

It would be interesting to see what other players honestly think of him, if they think he brings anything to the team. But that ain't ever gonna happen.

This is going to be an interesting summer. Already posted the players but I think in terms of a starting 11

Gaston

New RB

Little 

ToB

Hammy 

Stewart

New CM

Low

New winger 

McKenna

New Striker 

Sub Keeper

JT

Gold

Henderson

LD 

Craigen 

Bobby

With Patterson away out again on loan. 

Crying out for a left winger (we could just play Bobby but that’ll never happen) and I imagine we will do our usual and sign atleast one striker on loan. 

With that 7 being the core of our starting 11 though I think we will do reasonably well. 

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is going to be an interesting summer. Already posted the players but I think in terms of a starting 11

Gaston

New RB

Little 

ToB

Hammy 

Stewart

New CM

Low

New winger 

McKenna

New Striker 

Sub Keeper

JT

Gold

Henderson

LD 

Craigen 

Bobby

With Patterson away out again on loan. 

Crying out for a left winger (we could just play Bobby but that’ll never happen) and I imagine we will do our usual and sign atleast one striker on loan. 

With that 7 being the core of our starting 11 though I think we will do reasonably well. 

I’d absolutely be trying to get Dom Thomas