The Arbroath Thread

I love that all supporters will come and have a go at us, call us bottle jobs. But at the end of the day the same supporters would sell their mother to be anywhere near the position we were. 

And for the Montrose supporters….enjoy forever being in our shadow 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I love that all supporters will come and have a go at us, call us bottle jobs. But at the end of the day the same supporters would sell their mother to be anywhere near the position we were. 

This c**t is absolutely raging...

Keep it up mate. 🤣

On 11/05/2022 at 20:42, Tattie36 said:

This post on the AFC Facebook page highlights the hard work that goes on off the field and the towns positive attitude towards the club. I remember when I was a kid going to Gayfield in the early ‘80s and I doubt more than a handful of my classmates would ever have been to a game never mind call themselves a fan.

What a boost this should give the players on Friday.

1C582C04-99CB-49AB-B9A2-32E0B7373E22.png

Recycling bin will need emptied Monday. Feel sorry for the poor fucker who has to take them down and collect all the blu tack up.

3 hours ago, DUAFC said:

zipp it yah wee loser p***k - feck off back to your 3rd tier dross

Look it's not my fault you can't score against 9/10 men ICT pal.You bottled it end of chat.

Now go and get your passport looked out your big team European football next year 🙂⚽

3 hours ago, DUAFC said:

"Raging" .... surely that was after throwing away a 3 goal lead at Airdrie  ??

Dundee Utd fan raging replying to every comment....Things you love to see clearly still raging from the bottle job last night.

On 02/05/2022 at 13:39, Tattie36 said:

Exactly - an Amazonian tribesman who’s had zero contact with the outside world could take Celtic or Rangers to at worst second place. Christ, even Peter Grant would have them miles ahead of the competition.

Campbell was found to be wanting last night when it mattered. To fail to beat 9 men aided and assisted by the ref was criminal. 

To be honest - I find the 'bottling' comments etc. hilarious - the majority being really poor wind ups to anyone whose watched us play over the course of this season and knows what we're good/ not so good at and a minority being genuine morons who think it to be the case. Either way.... :lol:

Last night summarises many aspects of our season - all of our biggest strengths, our shape, discipline, structure etc. are all defensive/ nullifying strengths, which have enabled us to grind out so many points over the season. The times we've struggled, and not picked up a better result than we did, are the games we've had to come out and break the opposition down and all the strengths mentioned above are a great platform, but they're not ones that win games like last night. You could see how many of our players legs were gone well before the end, making it so hard to keep giving overlaps and constant options/ movement where we should have been/ wanted too. If we'd scored at any point in the first hour of that game, we'd all have been confident of going on to win the game regardless of how many men Inverness had on the pitch, as we've played that game so well so many times this season.

In all honesty, I saw the play offs as a massive outside shot in the scheme of things, and prior to them there was a large part of me that wished the season ended after the Morton game, as it was the perfect send off to a wonderful campaign.

To be honest - I find the 'bottling' comments etc. hilarious - the majority being really poor wind ups to anyone whose watched us play over the course of this season and knows what we're good/ not so good at and a minority being genuine morons who think it to be the case. Either way.... [emoji38]
Last night summarises many aspects of our season - all of our biggest strengths, our shape, discipline, structure etc. are all defensive/ nullifying strengths, which have enabled us to grind out so many points over the season. The times we've struggled, and not picked up a better result than we did, are the games we've had to come out and break the opposition down and all the strengths mentioned above are a great platform, but they're not ones that win games like last night. You could see how many of our players legs were gone well before the end, making it so hard to keep giving overlaps and constant options/ movement where we should have been/ wanted too. If we'd scored at any point in the first hour of that game, we'd all have been confident of going on to win the game regardless of how many men Inverness had on the pitch, as we've played that game so well so many times this season.
In all honesty, I saw the play offs as a massive outside shot in the scheme of things, and prior to them there was a large part of me that wished the season ended after the Morton game, as it was the perfect send off to a wonderful campaign.
Add to that a lack of width to our play and limited options from the bench.

Need to improve the squad in the summer to give us more furepower and depth.

Playing against 10 then 9 men, in the biggest game in living memory, against a team you finished well clear of, and barely registering a chance is a bottling tbh.  

It doesn't at all take away from Arbroaths achievements this season of course.

8 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Imitation is the biggest form of flattery, so that attempt to out-bottle job us last night was much appreciated.

Now you (and all the other WUM's) must wake up:

https://youtu.be/jy_mrF4Lxb4

Edited by Scorge

I was at the game and couldn’t really understand the “Willie Collum is a disgrace” and “Arbroath had 12 men” stuff so I rewatched on iPlayer to check my maroon glasses. Michael Stewart was mental. He should be dropped for a while to calm down. For the straight red the defender put his arms round Jack as he fell and brought him down - a pretty obvious red and one that VAR would never overturn. The two yellows that got Duffy sent off were straightforward too. For the second one he flew in studs first with both feet off the ground and clattered Bobby.

Caley defended well but deserved every card they got.

2 hours ago, stan3600 said:

I was at the game and couldn’t really understand the “Willie Collum is a disgrace” and “Arbroath had 12 men” stuff so I rewatched on iPlayer to check my maroon glasses. Michael Stewart was mental. He should be dropped for a while to calm down. For the straight red the defender put his arms round Jack as he fell and brought him down - a pretty obvious red and one that VAR would never overturn. The two yellows that got Duffy sent off were straightforward too. For the second one he flew in studs first with both feet off the ground and clattered Bobby.

Caley defended well but deserved every card they got.

I thought Arbroath would beat St Johnstone I don’t think ICT can ( shame )