The Arbroath Thread

9 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Would you rather have free entry to the relegation playoffs instead?

The club appear to have f*cked up, but surely no-one grudges a few pounds extra for one or two more home matches in such a fantastic season?

Exactly, still get my £20.

Guest Flash
19 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Cheers for that. Knew i was near enough.

I managed to read something into the rules that isn’t there. The away club doesn’t get anything. Home club keeps 57.5% and 42.5% goes to the SPFL. 
The other thing that occurred to me is that the SPFL Articles provide that only Premiership clubs can vote on changes to the Premiership play-off rules. So, the rule about season tickets not being valid and minimum pricing effectively is a Premiership rule.
Apologies for getting this wrong. All the best in the play-offs.

Magnificent performance tonight. With only 5 losses that is the least number of defeats in a league season in our history, and the 18 shut outs equals the most clean sheets in a league season as well. And what a turn out tonight. [emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji173]️[emoji1145]

Magnificent performance tonight. With only 5 losses that is the least number of defeats in a league season in our history, and the 18 shut outs equals the most clean sheets in a league season as well. And what a turn out tonight. [emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji173]️[emoji1145]

… and top scorers in the league.

On 28/04/2022 at 09:48, liferlichtie said:

Arbroath FC Season Tickets 2021 / 2022

We have missed you!

The world has been a scary place for the past 16 months or so and many of our lives have changed forever. However! There is much more optimism about the future and as Angus moves to Level One from Saturday and with the season only a matter of weeks away we are all extremely excited at the prospect of welcoming you home very, very soon.

We can’t thank those loyal supporters who purchased a season ticket last season enough. You stood by us and even when the hope that fans would be allowed back in was taken away from us you remained committed to your club and watched safely from your living rooms via Arbroath FC TV.

It was another tremendous season for our players, Management Team and for our club as we secured our 3rd consecutive season in the Scottish Championship with some terrific performances against some of the very best Scottish Championship Clubs.

We sincerely hope that this season will be another one for the record books and you will be again proud of the players on the Gayfield Pitch who have missed your backing and support all season.

We wanted to reward those supporters who backed the club during one of the darkest seasons on record so as a thank you we are offering your season ticket renewal at the same price as last season. This will include all 18 Home Championship League Games (14 Home League Games Last Season) all friendly matches and any end of season play-off matches. This will represent a 20% saving on the new season ticket prices.

I wonder if the club will honour the terms in which the season tickets were sold regarding playoff matches.Judging by the cleverly staged interview with chairman they are about to renage on this?

The club issued a season ticket for league games.... 

This issue came about when the Rangers came down the leagues. 

A play off is a cup game like the league cup or Scottish cup. 

The club has done so many things right the last few years this one isn't on them they have a power over.... cause of rules introduced after other clubs played the system....

Edited by Robertolichtie

Top scorers in the league, 5 defeats all season. What a team, so proud of these boys. To think allan Moore thought Ricky little wasn’t good enough to play for arbroath [emoji1787] he might be coming to the end of his Arbroath career but Bobby Linn is a hero. I started following Arbroath properly 13/14 so ive never really known an Arbroath without him. He’s got another year in him just give him the game time and he’ll rack up assists. Absolute hero [emoji3590]

Top scorers in the league, 5 defeats all season. What a team, so proud of these boys. To think allan Moore thought Ricky little wasn’t good enough to play for arbroath [emoji1787] he might be coming to the end of his Arbroath career but Bobby Linn is a hero. I started following Arbroath properly 13/14 so ive never really known an Arbroath without him. He’s got another year in him just give him the game time and he’ll rack up assists. Absolute hero [emoji3590]

90 minutes from Bobby last night and he looked fit enough to do more. Got his brilliant assist in 78 minutes.

I realised last night during the game that I'd see Gav's first and presumably last game for the club last night.... it's been a long 21 years since he scored that goal on his debut away to Clydebank as a fresh faced 18 year old! He really deserved his 70 odd minutes last night, and technically he's still superb as is his vision, game understanding etc.

I feel like last night was the first game I've fully enjoyed with no worries since about 2019 in League One :lol: A nice change of pace.......  Not a game you can really take anything out of with it being played about 3 yards slower than the game at Kilmarnock and obviously far less competitive in terms of aggression/ tackling and players had much more time on the ball etc. but it was a really fun, relaxed watch and we played the ball around really nicely at times, and ultimately we entertained the 2800 people in the home end :) 

Crowd wise - this is quite frankly becoming a fucking joke. It's incredible to see the crowds at Gayfield this calendar year, and we've obviously benefitted a lot from the games we've had on a Friday night adding verging on 1000 onto some of our home crowds in the last few weeks. Lets be honest here, last night we had 2800 fans in the Arbroath end, we didn't have 2800 Arbroath fans. What we obviously want to do as a club is grow ourselves so we have a bigger, regular fan base, but we can't judge that until we're on a shite run, the weathers pish and we're beginning to struggle again..... so hopefully a good few more years still!! I'm very confident when everything's come and gone, we've massively grown the club off the park and we can look to our core home support being up too 1000 which is fantastic, double what it was a decade ago. Please don't be 'disappointed' if/ when our home crowds for standard league games on a Saturday in 6 months time are less than half what they are now - that should be expected and it's fully understandable and still a huge positive in the bigger picture.

Was quite impressed with Ford last night. Did a decent job up front and had some good touches of the ball. Wouldnt mind if he signed on at least in the short term (until January perhaps) to see more of him playing.

Not sure whats wrong with Wighton though. Looked far off the pace and didnt seem too interested at times. A drop down the leagues for him looks on the cards.

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

I realised last night during the game that I'd see Gav's first and presumably last game for the club last night.... it's been a long 21 years since he scored that goal on his debut away to Clydebank as a fresh faced 18 year old! He really deserved his 70 odd minutes last night, and technically he's still superb as is his vision, game understanding etc.

I feel like last night was the first game I've fully enjoyed with no worries since about 2019 in League One :lol: A nice change of pace.......  Not a game you can really take anything out of with it being played about 3 yards slower than the game at Kilmarnock and obviously far less competitive in terms of aggression/ tackling and players had much more time on the ball etc. but it was a really fun, relaxed watch and we played the ball around really nicely at times, and ultimately we entertained the 2800 people in the home end :) 

Crowd wise - this is quite frankly becoming a fucking joke. It's incredible to see the crowds at Gayfield this calendar year, and we've obviously benefitted a lot from the games we've had on a Friday night adding verging on 1000 onto some of our home crowds in the last few weeks. Lets be honest here, last night we had 2800 fans in the Arbroath end, we didn't have 2800 Arbroath fans. What we obviously want to do as a club is grow ourselves so we have a bigger, regular fan base, but we can't judge that until we're on a shite run, the weathers pish and we're beginning to struggle again..... so hopefully a good few more years still!! I'm very confident when everything's come and gone, we've massively grown the club off the park and we can look to our core home support being up too 1000 which is fantastic, double what it was a decade ago. Please don't be 'disappointed' if/ when our home crowds for standard league games on a Saturday in 6 months time are less than half what they are now - that should be expected and it's fully understandable and still a huge positive in the bigger picture.

Why do you keep saying this? 😂

If they’re paying into Gayfield, to stand in the home end and support the team they’re fans. How many ppl do you think pay 20 pounds out their pocket to stand watch a game of football with nothing riding on it?

Average home crowds previous to this year in this division have always been healthy. Nobody expecting 3k to turn up to every game but 1500-1800 should be what we’re looking at. Middle of the road championship figures

13 hours ago, m4d said:

Magnificent performance tonight. With only 5 losses that is the least number of defeats in a league season in our history, and the 18 shut outs equals the most clean sheets in a league season as well. And what a turn out tonight. emoji1319.pngemoji1319.pngemoji1319.pngemoji173.pngemoji1145.png

That is a ridiculous stat 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If they’re paying into Gayfield, to stand in the home end and support the team they’re fans. How many ppl do you think pay 20 pounds out their pocket to stand watch a game of football with nothing riding on it?

Having games on a Friday night that don't clash with any other football played in the town on a Saturday and doesn't clash with Rangers, Celtic, Dundee and Dundee Utd playing, while we're playing our best football in 50 years is a very different situation to playing on a Saturday in November when all other games are on, the weather is shit and we're on a bad run.

The difference, which is just absolutely fantastic, is that these people are happy to pay £20 out of their pocket to come and watch us when they're able to do so and while we've got such a superb feeling about the place. All through the time I've supported the club, no matter how well we've been doing and what we've done on and off the park, we've never got close to getting people in bulk who didn't directly support the club to come along and watch us in these situations, and we're now able to do so. The reality is that this is entirely circumstantial though, especially with Friday night games, and in the medium/ longer term the main thing is keeping as many people coming back and sucking as many people into becoming supporters who reguarly attend. We're doing that, and what's happened in the town is superb, but just because a Dundee Utd supporter pops along to Gayfield for a Friday night games doesn't mean they're an Arbroath fan. There's plenty of people who got half season tickets for Gayfield, knowing they could watch their own team play and also watch us on the incredible run we're on due to the scheduling of games. Ultimately, regardless of who a person is a fan of, we want to attract as many football fans down to Gayfield, and we're certainly doing that :)

None of the above is negative - it's hugely positive and what we've done this season on and off the pitch has moved us forward a decade as a club :)

Rangers and Celtic regularly play on Sundays while were a Saturday

Just how many Dundee United and Dundee fans do you think come through? There’ll definitely be a few. Probably about 50-100 for the Queen of the South game but that was a whole different thing. Last night had absolutely nothing riding on it 

On the other hand.... I know so many people who have got into going to Gayfield. Not just this year but for the past 4/5 year 

There’ll definitely be people just coming along to watch the games cause of the reasons you’ve mentioned but when there’s 2900 in the home end I’d say it’s about maybe 10 percent of the crowd at a push, even if you said 20 percent of the crowd. That’s still 2300 home fans turning up which is mad. 

What the club have done to get kids involved and coming along to games is absolutely unbelievable. They literally could not have done any better. Should be the example for all clubs in Scotland 

Arbroath have done amazingly well and it's so good to see the townspeople getting behind their team. I can only dream of similar at Accies. 4,000 odd when we clinched the league v Clyde and about 3,100 in the home end on a Friday night v Aberdeen was as good as it got. Being so far away from Glasgow definitely helps! Hope this isn't a flash in the pan for you and you are still up there next season ( if you're still here, that is!)

2 minutes ago, yang11 said:

I've recently moved to the area and I really admire the team's  incredible journey this season. Hoping to catch the play-off game in 2 weeks - where's the best bit of the stadium to sit for atmosphere? 

Ahent the goals