The Arbroath Thread

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They most likely were expecting that the only play-offs they could be in would be the Championship ones.

Precisely, there is no way Arbroath would have envisiged being in the premiership play offs nothing they can do about Premier league ticket rules not allowing season tickets for the play offs.

8 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It was advertised though so should probably still be honoured 

I wouldn't have expected Killie to include in our season tickets, but can see that Arbroath didn't expect to be in the Premier League playoffs. 

Hopefully, a compromise can be found to suit ST holders and club. 

Out of interest, how many ST holders do Arbroath have? 

Hopefully, whatever league you are in next season, ST numbers increase on the back of the progress your club is making. 

5 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I wouldn't have expected Killie to include in our season tickets, but can see that Arbroath didn't expect to be in the Premier League playoffs. 

Hopefully, a compromise can be found to suit ST holders and club. 

Out of interest, how many ST holders do Arbroath have? 

Hopefully, whatever league you are in next season, ST numbers increase on the back of the progress your club is making. 

I think with the half season tickets that were sold it is near 1500

Precisely, there is no way Arbroath would have envisiged being in the premiership play offs nothing they can do about Premier league ticket rules not allowing season tickets for the play offs.
You do remember we just missed oit onnthe Premiership playoffs in 2020?

We were in a stromg position to finish 4th if the pandemic hadnt stopped the season early.

There is no reason to think the board didnt believe we would get into the Premiership playoffs.

It looks more like they misread the rules regarding the Premiership playoffs, ticket money and Season Ticket eligibility.

The club have obviously been caught out by it and put in a difficult position. I don’t expect the fact it’s not on the season ticket to affect the playoff crowds. The entire town is behind the club as the fairytale continues. 

I do sympathise though with people who are disgruntled by it. Some supporters might be struggling financially just now with the rise in living costs and £19/£38 is a fair amount of money out of their budget. On the bright side for those supporters is that the games are going to be televised. 

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

You do remember we just missed oit onnthe Premiership playoffs in 2020?

We were in a stromg position to finish 4th if the pandemic hadnt stopped the season early.

There is no reason to think the board didnt believe we would get into the Premiership playoffs.

It looks more like they misread the rules regarding the Premiership playoffs, ticket money and Season Ticket eligibility.

Perhaps but the aim at the start of the season was to avoid relegation and that had been their main concern.

Can the club dictate the play off ticket prices or is set by the premier league?

Perhaps but the aim at the start of the season was to avoid relegation and that had been their main concern.
Can the club dictate the play off ticket prices or is set by the premier league?
As its an SPFL competition seperate from the League..... im going to assume they set the prices.

The SPFL take half the gate money to be added to the prize money pool. We take our share for operational needs.

And i think the rest is split 50/50. So we will probably get 27-30% in total.

Guest Flash
44 minutes ago, keptie said:

30 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I thought it was only the final that couldn't be included?

The rule applies to all Premiership play-off matches. It isn’t a rule applied by the Premiership, it is an SPFL rule that was brought in when Rangers were in the Championship in 2014/15 and they let season ticket holders in for free plus everybody else for £5. I think the minimum pricing was introduced the following season but can’t remember.
The minimum pricing is now £12/£6 (concessions) for quarter and semi-finals and £18/£12 for the final.
The split is:
SPFL take 42.5% (to help fund the Premiership parachute payments).
Home club takes 36.25% (extra 15% compared to away club to cover costs)
Away club takes 21.25%.

The rule applies to all Premiership play-off matches. It isn’t a rule applied by the Premiership, it is an SPFL rule that was brought in when Rangers were in the Championship in 2014/15 and they let season ticket holders in for free plus everybody else for £5. I think the minimum pricing was introduced the following season but can’t remember.
The minimum pricing is now £12/£6 (concessions) for quarter and semi-finals and £18/£12 for the final.
The split is:
SPFL take 42.5% (to help fund the Premiership parachute payments).
Home club takes 36.25% (extra 15% compared to away club to cover costs)
Away club takes 21.25%.

Cheers for that. Knew i was near enough.

All very exciting of late but I think we should get back to thinking one game at a time - an approach that stood us in good stead all season.   At least, we won’t get distracted by updated scores from other games.

Great to see ground improvements going ahead - and the Board ‘repairing the roof while the sun shines, financially speaking.  That might see us through leaner times ahead.

A couple of suggestions.  I’m assuming the sound/PA system might get upgraded?  Only audible in certain parts of the ground.   I also think some levelling work is needed on the pitch in the close season - the surface is kept in good nick but over the years some sections (eg along main stand, in goal areas) there is unevenness.   It’s the wrong time of year for planting, but windbreaks along sea and harbour ends (extra-heavy standards) might help a little in years to come.  I’m fully aware that the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.

2 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

It’s the wrong time of year for planting, but windbreaks along sea and harbour ends (extra-heavy standards) might help a little in years to come. 

Windbreaking is generally frowned upon in polite company. But perhaps a couple of wind turbines at the switchie end could provide enough power for the floodlights during the winter, maybe even provide enough power for heated seats in the stand instead.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

Big squad rebuild needed for next season whatever league we’re in which makes for a huge amount of work for the club along with the stadium modifications.
Playing in the big time its easy to loose track of good part time players who would be potential signings, it would be a huge blow if gaston left too.

12 hours ago, liferlichtie said:

I wonder if the club will honour the terms in which the season tickets were sold regarding playoff matches.Judging by the cleverly staged interview with chairman they are about to renage on this?

Would you rather have free entry to the relegation playoffs instead?

The club appear to have f*cked up, but surely no-one grudges a few pounds extra for one or two more home matches in such a fantastic season?