The Arbroath Thread

Commiserations on the title Red Lichties. Just make sure you win the playoffs now.

I'd love to see Gayfield hosting games in the Premiership. Either way it's been a hell of a season. You've firmly established yourself in the Championship and this Honest Man is jealous. 👏

I was so emotionally drained last night  on the way home and still feel it a bit this morning. It was a monumental effort from the lads but too many draws have ultimately cost us. I expect a few changes for Morton next week with players like Antell, Gav, Bobby and Ford getting game time. I still think we can make the playoff final

I was so emotionally drained last night  on the way home and still feel it a bit this morning. It was a monumental effort from the lads but too many draws have ultimately cost us. I expect a few changes for Morton next week with players like Antell, Gav, Bobby and Ford getting game time. I still think we can make the playoff final

A nice chance to say goodbye to Gav… and maybe Bobby??? I really hope a week off sorts Gaston’s injury.

Good first half, pish 2nd. It was there for the taking and you stood off Killie all 2nd half. 

The taste of salty tears. The only kick they get is from our failure. Sad, SSC wee club. Greet season Arbroath, though. Respect [emoji110]

The dream of winning the Championship is over but it was good whilst it lasted. 

There's still the play offs of course but they can be a bit of a lottery. It would be great to see us get promoted but, in truth, I don't think we could maintain a place in the Premiership.

As a club we have massively over achieved this season and surprised not only Scottish football but  ourselves as well. Everyone at the club should be proud of that.

With second place guaranteed I'd also like to see the players who have sat on the bench for most of the season get a start.

14 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Would have loved too, but it’s a long journey back.   The celebrations seemed slightly hysteric at full time but I suppose the fightback and late winner built up the drama.  Well done.  Not confident we’ll be playing you next year.  I personally like to see stronger regional clubs that could once again take points off th Old Firm and maybe deny them the odd trophy.

Your celebrations when you scored could be described as “hysterical” also. I know because I was in your end. Take hysterical celebrations out of football and it is really boring.

Are Arbroath at home in the second leg of the play off on Sunday 15th May? Ahead of a potential play off on the following Friday/Monday? Quite fancy attending. Your away end looked fun and we've met some decent Arbroath fans over the last few days. I'm teasing on the other thread but I'm hoping your hybrid squad can do the business 👍

Ideal scenario would be St Johnstone leapfrogging St Mirren then Arbroath skelping St Mirren in the playoffs.
It would be delicious to wave to Brophy, Kiltie and Power as we go up and they go down. 

2 hours ago, Fide said:

Ideal scenario would be St Johnstone leapfrogging St Mirren then Arbroath skelping St Mirren in the playoffs.
It would be delicious to wave to Brophy, Kiltie and Power as we go up and they go down. 

St Mirren beaten today and they’ve got St J next week. With the -ve momentum they’ve now got I would not be surprised to see them lose that and the Dundee fixture also.

And yes, I would also laugh a lot if they did come down when we went up. Dundee and St Mirren down and us up is heaven.

Edited by NFL12