The Arbroath Thread

Thought Arbroath were magnificent in the first half and should of gone in 2 nil at half time. 
Kilmarnock dominated the second half but coming back from 2 nil would of been difficult. All ifs and buts but in the second half you could of done with Nouble and /or Dowds to of held the ball up. 

But unbelievable season for you guys. Somehow you need to pick yourself up for the play- offs. O’Brien best player on the park by a mile.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Arbroath were by far the better team in the first half but I don't really remember them actually creating a chance apart from the goal, so it would have been difficult to go in 2-0.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Arbroath were by far the better team in the first half but I don't really remember them actually creating a chance apart from the goal, so it would have been difficult to go in 2-0.

They had an excellent chance in the first half at 1-0.

Edit to add from the BBC report.

Luke Donnelly, who helped set up the first goal, almost doubled Arbroath's lead just before half-time, getting on the end of a Michael McKenna cross and flicking past the keeper, but it wasn't on target and Kilmarnock cleared.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Looked like Arbroath ran out of steam second half and killie just kept piling on the pressure and deserved the win in the end , thought Arbroath keeper looked done in 10-15 mins into second half and probably had he been fit would’ve got to the second and maybe reacted better at the first , still had a cracking game though and Arbroath can go into playoffs with heads high 

congratulations to Killie on the title 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Just thought I'd pop in and wish you guys every success for the playoffs.

At halftime, I honestly thought we were done tonight. Kudos to the travelling support you had behind you to, putting some of the top flight to shame.

You have absolutely nothing to fear from anyone in the playoffs.... go for it and fingers crossed you get promoted.

Mon the Lichties 🤞

2 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Thought Arbroath were magnificent in the first half and should of gone in 2 nil at half time. 
Kilmarnock dominated the second half but coming back from 2 nil would of been difficult. All ifs and buts but in the second half you could of done with Nouble and /or Dowds to of held the ball up. 

But unbelievable season for you guys. Somehow you need to pick yourself up for the play- offs. O’Brien best player on the park by a mile.👏👏👏

Agreed Nouble and Dowds and I think Arbroath would have got over the line, you just felt not just been enough in the final third to keep the ball. Jack Hamilton is a terrific player but could do with a help.  O'Brien was outstanding. Some player. 

We were great first half, working the ball quickly on the deck from end to the other and and working the wings.

Should have got the 2nd from Jack free header in the box which he put over the bar. Then Donnelly trying to flick the ball between his legs at the near post.

Killie came out firing in thr 2nd half and we quickly lost our shape and control of the ball. Resulted in us launching long balls up front which isolated Jack Hamilton for the rest of the game.

We just couldnt get ourselves back into the game.

At 1-1 we should have looked to see out the game. Take.it to the last week. But we pushed, over extended our defence and were punished by the counter attack in clinical fashion.

Stand out performance has to be Gaston. What a performance from him. At one point it looked like he had pulled his groin but he kept going and some of those saves were perfection.

The title maybe gone but the playoffs lie in wait. Anything can happen.

8 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Would have loved too, but it’s a long journey back.   The celebrations seemed slightly hysteric at full time but I suppose the fightback and late winner built up the drama.  Well done.  Not confident we’ll be playing you next year.  I personally like to see stronger regional clubs that could once again take points off th Old Firm and maybe deny them the odd trophy.

Hysteric? 😳

9 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Would have loved too, but it’s a long journey back.   The celebrations seemed slightly hysteric at full time but I suppose the fightback and late winner built up the drama.  Well done.  Not confident we’ll be playing you next year.  I personally like to see stronger regional clubs that could once again take points off th Old Firm and maybe deny them the odd trophy.

Slightly hysteric? We’d just won The fucking league. What would you suggest? Stiff handshakes all round?

9 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

The celebrations seemed slightly hysteric at full time but I suppose the fightback and late winner built up the drama.  

Last minute goal to win the league is gonnae do that to folk

I wasn't on the park but definitely went mildly hysteric for a few minutes 

If you can't celebrate a last minute winner to win the league, at home, with a full house roaring then we should just pack football in now FFS.

Incredible performance all season from the team, even though last night was disappointing to say the least, to finish 2nd is just fantastic in the cold light of day.

Fair play to Killie. I felt they battered us second half. Don't think we helped ourselves by giving the ball away so much and failing to hit the channels regularly for the runners but cannot fault the effort. 

Beat Morton, build some momentum again and see who we have to face on the 10th of May.....