The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I know footage is a bit grainy but I thought you guys would appreciate this. Seems to me like similar circumstances - we were very definitely the underdogs that day & United had fans on 3 sides of the ground. However the noise our fans created in the old Fair Play stand was phenomenal. Hoping for a similar end result to be honest. The only thing funnier than us staying up would be you guys winning the league.

You getting relegated would far funnier than you staying up!

47 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It was 2010 not 2009 but you are correct.

I suppose 1957 cancels out 1997 but I wasn't alive then.

I was apparently at that game in 1957

. Had the worst view in the ground but warm and snug nevertheless.

My mammy was pregnant at the time, so my first ever footy match

That was sickening. Football can be a cruel game. The sinking feeling I feel for the Lichties tonight is the same one I felt when Gretna pipped us to the title in the dying seconds. I really hope you can pull through in the play-offs. I just hope it’s not us you meet in them. Your day will come my smokie friends, your day will come.

3 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
6 minutes ago, mo83 said:
I sincerely hope the Arbroath fans are staying behind to clap the champions and watch them lift the cup?

Did you guys do that in 2011? Lol

No

35 minutes ago, mo83 said:

No

Thought Arbroath were magnificent in the first half and should of gone in 2 nil at half time. 
Kilmarnock dominated the second half but coming back from 2 nil would of been difficult. All ifs and buts but in the second half you could of done with Nouble and /or Dowds to of held the ball up. 

But unbelievable season for you guys. Somehow you need to pick yourself up for the play- offs. O’Brien best player on the park by a mile.👏👏👏

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

I sincerely hope the Arbroath fans are staying behind to clap the champions and watch them lift the cup?

Would have loved too, but it’s a long journey back.   The celebrations seemed slightly hysteric at full time but I suppose the fightback and late winner built up the drama.  Well done.  Not confident we’ll be playing you next year.  I personally like to see stronger regional clubs that could once again take points off th Old Firm and maybe deny them the odd trophy.