The Arbroath Thread

12 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Better explain chalk too!

Nah. Need to go back to slate

When I was at school we used to write on slates.

It was a b*****d when it rained because you could slide off the roof.

I'm old enough to remember when it was a shilling a ticket and the winning number and prize money (7/6d or 10 bob) was on a chalk board that was carried round the pitch. Changed days!
(For a younger generation, a shilling would now be  5p, 7/6d approx 38p and 10 bob 50p)

Those were the days.
The halftime charity collection was an open blanket carried round the touch line for the crowd to throw change into.

4 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

This was/ is a very interesting watch, but when I hit the 12:55 mark (as linked) I near spontaneously combusted with laughter. 

f**k me - based on the 4 games between us this season that's outrageous :lol: 

Aye that boy is a fucking slaver

This was/ is a very interesting watch, but when I hit the 12:55 mark (as linked) I near spontaneously combusted with laughter. 

“We don’t time waste, we manage the game”

No Stuart. You time waste. On umpteen occasions in the last game we played Accies they took the lead early on and spent the rest of the match wasting time at throw ins and players taking ages to get ready. Bit them on the arse because we scored deep into added time and got a draw. Ayr fans could see what was happening. Even some of the travelling Accies fans were bemoaning the tactics.

Taylor is a slaver though and I’d be surprised if he lasted much longer in that job.

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

That’s an astonishing listen 

16 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

Bit ironic given Hamilton benefitted hugely from probably the worst ever referee display I’ve seen in the away game in November, they were at it all game then too. 

Probably the worst I’ve seen any team do it ever too 😂 live and on TV

What a line of pish! Hamilton are by far the worst offenders I’ve seen this season and some of their own followers acknowledge the problem. We can’t live with them fitness wise! Gies peace.

How’s he explaining the 4-0 lamping we gave them or the fact we’ve not lost to this superior force?

The Killie match thread is an absolute car crash so probably better keeping our chat in here. 

Im confident we can get a result on Friday and going by what the players were saying on Saturday night at the awards night so are they. Big expectant Killie crowd expected who could easily turn on the players if we take an early lead.