The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:

Gaston was involved in the warm up before the match so hopefully back next week. Antell did what he needed to today which was block the 1 shot on target he faced.

Keeper did nothing wrong today, but would expect Gaston to back in, if fit

I thought we were really good yesterday. Antell done really well and made a vital stop in the 1st half with his feet. I say it every week but I’d absolutely love Chris Hamilton to sign permanently. Him and Nicky Low is the perfect centre midfield pairing IMO. Wighton has struggled a bit since coming back but I thought he done well yesterday and him and Jack seemed to be on the same wavelength. 

4 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Don't know if it has been mentioned but the free kick the ref gave Ayr when the fullback fell while chasing Craigen was up there with one of the worst decisions I have ever seen, 

I was right there with my father In law and uncle and honestly couldn’t believe it when he gave them the free kick 😱 Ref and linesman were both really poor yesterday, Some awful decisions and you think to yourself are they watching the same game as us? 🤣

5 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Don't know if it has been mentioned but the free kick the ref gave Ayr when the fullback fell while chasing Craigen was up there with one of the worst decisions I have ever seen, 

Absolutely shocking

6 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Watching it back, it's even worse than I thought and I thought it was a dreadful decision at the time. I was behind the goals so didn't see the extent of the gap between the players but the camera angle shows just how ludicrous a decision it was. Most referees just blow for a foul every time there's any kind of challenge when one player falls over, so I'm not surprised he gave it but surely the linesman had a great view. Mind you linemen have zero power or influence over refs nowadays even though they're miked up. That seaside linesman was terrible anyway though - stuck his flag up first half when J Hamilton was at least 2 yards on then didn't flag when we had a player well off right infront of him. Clueless.

37 minutes ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Agree about linesmen generally but in this case there wasn’t much he could do. The ref blew for it and that’s it.

Kinda got the feeling, that not long after it, the ref knew he had got it wrong

That's good the club's organising buses to the next few away games, along with the Tutties buses that should hopefully give the players a good lift.

The Final Push ticket deal, great corporate hospo, Arbroath TV, all make it very easy to be an Arbroath supporter these days.....oh and the teams not doing so badly either 😊 

26 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

That's good the club's organising buses to the next few away games, along with the Tutties buses that should hopefully give the players a good lift.

The Final Push ticket deal, great corporate hospo, Arbroath TV, all make it very easy to be an Arbroath supporter these days.....oh and the teams not doing so badly either 😊 

Stop being so negative DUAFC

😉😆

Big call from DC dropping probably one of the most regular starters in Scotty Stewart but fair play for that

I love the guy he’s fantastic and has been fantastic but maybe a wee week or 2 or whatever out the side will give him a wee break and rejuvenate him. Would put money on him having covered the most ground this season 

Nicky Low back is massive AND HIM PLAYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARK. Hamilton in there can now do his dirty work and when he receives the ball can play a simple 5 yard pass to the main man instead of kicking it in whatever direction he’s facing. Craigen also is someone good at retaining the football and calming things down. Mikey still in the side, just as important as Nicky Low but for his other qualities and uptop we have two great players.

Wighton gets too much of a hard time for me, he was that good in his 5 games last time I kind of think that’s why. He’s still one of our best footballing players and very clever, only Nicky ahead of him in terms of that for me and Hamilton is your old school striker

Hope Gaston returns sharp but we are looking like finishing second at worst now which is a fucking phenomenal effort 

Superb

Big call from DC dropping probably one of the most regular starters in Scotty Stewart but fair play for that

I love the guy he’s fantastic and has been fantastic but maybe a wee week or 2 or whatever out the side will give him a wee break and rejuvenate him. Would put money on him having covered the most ground this season 

Nicky Low back is massive AND HIM PLAYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARK. Hamilton in there can now do his dirty work and when he receives the ball can play a simple 5 yard pass to the main man instead of kicking it in whatever direction he’s facing. Craigen also is someone good at retaining the football and calming things down. Mikey still in the side, just as important as Nicky Low but for his other qualities and uptop we have two great players.

Wighton gets too much of a hard time for me, he was that good in his 5 games last time I kind of think that’s why. He’s still one of our best footballing players and very clever, only Nicky ahead of him in terms of that for me and Hamilton is your old school striker

Hope Gaston returns sharp but we are looking like finishing second at worst now which is a fucking phenomenal effort 

Superb

Jeez. I agree with all of that. [emoji52]

Just hoping for a big noisy supportive backing  tomorrow.

Raith are struggling on a number of levels, but with everyone behind the team and a wee bit of patience we'll be fine 

Let's do it !!

52 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Just hoping for a big noisy supportive backing  tomorrow.

Raith are struggling on a number of levels, but with everyone behind the team and a wee bit of patience we'll be fine 

Let's do it !!

Unfortunately Covid has finally got me so I wont be there tomorrow but agree with this. Need a big vocal support tomorrow, the last few home games have lacked atmosphere due to nerves, poor/cagey performances... but now is when it's needed. A good win tomorrow and who knows?

Edited by Tattie36

25 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Unfortunately Covid has finally got me so I wont be there tomorrow but agree with this. Need a big vocal support tomorrow, the last few home games have lacked atmosphere due to nerves, poor/cagey performances... but now is when it's needed. A good win tomorrow and who knows?

So sorry to hear that mate  

Sadly you're 1 of the 1 in 10 as UB  40 once said. 

Hopefully you'll be fine.  

I had mine over Christmas  & New Year  ☹