The Arbroath Thread

18 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Ah ok, I assumed our game was on Friday as it was going to be the TV game.

I had assumed the Morton game was being televised when initially planned envisaged as a possible relegation decider.  Things change.

Interesting the Campbells have been around AFC for 6 years - that is a very LONG time in any managerial setup but I must say it's gone by quickly, an eventful and entertaining era.   Carry on like this and they'll be challenging the legacy of St Albert Henderson.   On the downside, I recall regularly abusing Dick Campbell on the touchline as manager of Forfar, Brechin, etc so almost disappointing that opportunity has been lost.

Long, long way to go this season and lots of tough games in a league which has become almost crowded/claustrophobic.   I'm still determined to concentrate on OUR OWN games (not other teams'), minute-to-minute and game-to-game, and sincerely hope the team does too. Anything else is mere background noise

Comments on the clubs post announcing fixture change are embarrassing. You’d think the BBC had banned us from attending rather than move the game to the Friday night.

Agree with this , what happens next season if we go up and things get moved for TV, will folk still moan?

7 hours ago, Smokerson said:

I actually remember the day Dick was appointed, there were a few doubters (myself included) 

And me, would never been my pick, but he was exactly what we required at the time

41 minutes ago, Biglichtie74 said:

Agree with this , what happens next season if we go up and things get moved for TV, will folk still moan?

Of course they will, people love to moan. I reckon some folk wouldn’t be happy unless they’re carried from their house to the game in a sedan chair. Probably still complain that the cushions weren’t comfy enough.

Even though it’s a bit of a pain having our games moved around for tv, it’s part and parcel of being successful so, with that in mind, I’m quite happy.

Of course they will, people love to moan. I reckon some folk wouldn’t be happy unless they’re carried from their house to the game in a sedan chair. Probably still complain that the cushions weren’t comfy enough.
Even though it’s a bit of a pain having our games moved around for tv, it’s part and parcel of being successful so, with that in mind, I’m quite happy.

Spot on

Just read that Derek Gaston got the academy goalkeeping coach job at The Rangers a couple of weeks back.

Well done big man - good job !!

Just to add he's a totally top man, best goalie and amazing with the fans.  Stick with with us Big Man  😊

Edited by DUAFC

26 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

Did find this take quite funny. Realise it’s not all Thistle fans take on things, just found it pretty amusing. Would be happy to see both us and Thistle go up.

C5702DBF-A28C-4A80-9FC0-AA7711044E02.png

Yes 9th in League 2 to the Scottish Premiership - as a part time club who have never been in the Premiership as it is now or indeed the top division in decades - would be far less of an achievement or fairytale than...

A Premiership sized club who have been in the Premiership for numerous seasons - who dropped down into L1 for one whole season before working their way back up to the level they were at 

Hmmmm

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I also read a Thistle supporter mention they are the only team In the title race who didn’t get the £500,000 grant and  are “hanging in there” 

Not true Killie did not get a grant

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes 9th in League 2 to the Scottish Premiership - as a part time club who have never been in the Premiership as it is now or indeed the top division in decades - would be far less of an achievement or fairytale than...

A Premiership sized club who have been in the Premiership for numerous seasons - who dropped down into L1 for one whole season before working their way back up to the level they were at 

Hmmmm

This dude is obviously a walloper

Did find this take quite funny. Realise it’s not all Thistle fans take on things, just found it pretty amusing. Would be happy to see both us and Thistle go up.
C5702DBF-A28C-4A80-9FC0-AA7711044E02.thumb.png.ed2a29c0510849fb171f6485fed8b6d4.png

Thistle have a large proportion of completely deluded fans tbh. A team with a top 4 budget being relegated from the Championship for being shite, then winning a shite League 1 against PT teams and a shambolic Falkirk is not some sort of fairytale.

Boys a complete fud.

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thistle have a large proportion of completely deluded fans tbh. A team with a top 4 budget being relegated from the Championship for being shite, then winning a shite League 1 against PT teams and a shambolic Falkirk is not some sort of fairytale.

Boys a complete fud.

Between him and their racist fan they are becoming a very dislikable fan base.