The Arbroath Thread

5 hours ago, LichtieSince84 said:

Now I’m not a frequent poster on here and generally just drop in to see supporters thoughts on matches. But this thread is become unreadable due to certain posters. Stan360 is the worst for it. Listen Stan, you don’t need to post every thought you have on the club. It’s extremely tedious. Next time you have a thought about the most minor thing to do with the club please step away from the keyboard.

For something a bit brighter I am really looking toward tomorrows game, as is my old man. He’s never seen Arbroath face off against Hibs. Iv purchased the special programme as a momento for him as a reminder. I think he only has 4 or 5 more teams to see against Arbroath. Iv still got nearer 20. 

Enjoy the game everyone. Hope we can cause the upset. 

All opinions welcome mate.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ambrose could be a right laugh when he comes to Gayf by the way especially if it’s a bit windy 

If it’s a bit windy?

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

Are you suggesting it’s not windy all the time? Anyway, as long as we are safe you can have 3 points in our last game together. Some season you boys are having! Everyone, bar Killie, are rooting for Arbroath. I’ll miss the away day outing but f**k it, I would love to see you win the league. Get it done!

And I was thinking Stan was one of the more sensible, if ironic, posters.   I suppose the bar is set rather low

We were second best most of the match v Hibs, though things could have been different if we'd taken one of these chances early second half.   We looked a bit leggy too at times so I wonder if a tough game on Wednesday took its toll especially in the conditions.   Since we were not going to win the cup, it's back to more important business.   We have done well in the latter stages of the season these past two years in the Championship so I'm hopeful we won't run out of steam in the remaining fixtures.   Only one more midweek game, tougher for the part-timers, to negotiate.  On the plus side, perhaps being part-time alleviates some pressure of being league leaders since attention is focussed on other matters in between games

I wonder whether Arbroath games being televised two weekends in a row will remain an alltime record.   One downside is that rival managers get a great opportunity to analyse how we set up and play.   I suppose that's the inevitable outcome of doing well

Also, at live games and on this board, I get p*ssd off at hearing results from other games being relayed interminably.  A halftime score is plenty and then after the game with the latest standings is enough.   Let's keep our eye on the ball in the game we're playing.

Was a free hit today but in end of day Hibs are better than us, I do think we needed to change the system and make subs earlier as they had to much space down the sides but at the end of the day we had decent run and can get back to concentrate on the league,
Some of the shouts from crowd were awful though

A performance to be proud of but we just ran out of steam in the end. We will have 4 attempts at revenge next season though [emoji1145][emoji1145][emoji1145]

Four is a bit optimistic- or are you saying Hibs are bottom six?

Seriously though, if we go up we’ll need to strengthen because Hibs deserved that and they’re a very average Premier League team.

Thought we did ok today. First 10 minutes of each half we looked good but Hibs controlled most of the rest of the game. As usual, I thought we should have kept it on the ground more and targeted their number 33 in particular as he looked shaky and was booked early on. On the other hand Porteous strolled it. Nisbet’s goal was class, nothing anyone could have don’t about it and their third was just one of those stramashes that, unfortunately fell for them. 

Only criticism is that the subs should have been on significantly earlier, they had 4 subs on by the time we made any (apart from Low for Henderson). Chris and Jack Hamilton were out on their feet and needed replaced earlier. Putting on fresh legs at 1-2 and going for it would have been a better bet imo. By the time the subs came on it was too late as the third had killed the game. Though Bakare looked good in the short time he was on, didn’t see enough of Ford to form any kind of opinion.

Almost glad we’re out though as we really need to concentrate on the league without any distractions.

14 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Four is a bit optimistic- or are you saying Hibs are bottom six?

Seriously though, if we go up we’ll need to strengthen because Hibs deserved that and they’re a very average Premier League team.

I don’t think Hibs are very average at all. Granted they’ve been on a bad run but they’re definitely one of the better sides in the division.

Agree that we need to massively strengthen if we go up. I know this will be unpopular with some but there are a few in our squad that are miles away from Premiership quality. One in particular was glaringly obvious today.

You despair because some wanted earlier subs or are pointing out that we would need to strengthen the squad if we go up? Both very valid points imo. Are you saying that no one is allowed to say anything remotely critical of the team or individuals or tactics or subs? We just have to praise everything?

I think this season has been unbelievably brilliant, comfortably the best in my 44+ years of going to Gayfield. The players and management have been superb, and deserve all the credit and praise they’re getting - doesn’t mean we can’t have a wee moan or a bit of constructive criticism every so often.

Edited by Tattie36

I don’t think Hibs are very average at all. Granted they’ve been on a bad run but they’re definitely one of the better sides in the division.
Agree that we need to massively strengthen if we go up. I know this will be unpopular with some but there are a few in our squad that are miles away from Premiership quality. One in particular was glaringly obvious today.

Who?