The Arbroath Thread

Fair play to Arbroath once again. Beat us easily, 7 points from 9 against us this season absolutely no fluke and if anything you should’ve had 3 wins out of 3.

I was going to post this in the match thread just as you scored but I do think it looks bad for McKenna and that will be a big problem for you I would guess as I’ve been impressed with him every time. 

Loving seeing how well Arbroath are doing, obv have an interest as a Livi fan with our players on loan last season and this, but prob would still be hoping you do it as the PT underdogs living the dream.

Took me a while getting used to Livi being back up there, nobody expected it, incl us, feels to similar with how Arbroath are playing this season, effort is second to none, and you have a great group of players playing really good football.

5 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Jack Hamilton looks far better than first time around, him and ToB unbelievable tonight

Everyone played well tonight but those two plus Chris Hamilton and Scott Stewart were superb.

Edited by Tattie36

10 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Everyone played well tonight but those two plus Chris Hamilton and Scott Stewart were superb.

I’m pleased that Scott Stewart is doing well at Abroath. He was a decent player at Airdrie and we all wanted him to do really well for us given he came through our youth system and who his family are but given the state we were in for most of his time, he was never really able to fully kick on. He left Airdrie at the right time and it’s clear how much he’s progressed playing at a higher level, with better coaches and players around him. I really hope to see him in the Premiership next season. 

Just now, Mr November said:

I’m pleased that Scott Stewart is doing well at Abroath. He was a decent player at Airdrie and we all wanted him to do really well for us given he came through our youth system and who his family are but given the state we were in for most of his time, he was never really able to fully kick on. He left Airdrie at the right time and it’s clear how much he’s progressed playing at a higher level, with better coaches and players around him. I really hope to see him in the Premiership next season. 

I was always impressed with him when he played against us for Airdrie so was delighted when he signed. He’s been superb for us, very consistent and always gives 100%.

I was amazed how easy that was for Arbroath.  They were by far the better team and although it was only 1-0 (and frankly it looked like a bad goalkeeping error for the goal), I never got the impression that Killie were likely to score.

I said when Arbroath signed Derek Gaston that it would prove to be a terrific signing and so it has turned out.  Solid and sure.  Was a terrific keeper for us and you won't find many Morton supporters with a bad word to say about Derek.  He had a fairly easy night last night but produced the saves when needed.