The Arbroath Thread

Did anyone get a ticket/table for the awards presentation at the Carnoustie Golf Hotel in April? Iv heard a few grumbles from supporters about it not being available due to the tables already being pre sold to “friends”. There was also an issue regarding hospitality for Hibernian. This is stuff Iv seen on social media though so it could be fabricated. 

As long as the club are making money out of this then I do not see an issue with this. Interested to get other’s opinion on the subject.  The club continues to be on an upward trajectory but these little annoyances that supporters have tarnish that slightly. 

3 hours ago, LichtieSince84 said:

Did anyone get a ticket/table for the awards presentation at the Carnoustie Golf Hotel in April? Iv heard a few grumbles from supporters about it not being available due to the tables already being pre sold to “friends”. There was also an issue regarding hospitality for Hibernian. This is stuff Iv seen on social media though so it could be fabricated. 

As long as the club are making money out of this then I do not see an issue with this. Interested to get other’s opinion on the subject.  The club continues to be on an upward trajectory but these little annoyances that supporters have tarnish that slightly. 

Rubbish that your team is doing so well that demand has raced past supply and people now upset at missing out. Wish we could share that level of  disappointment!🤷‍♂️

“Scotland striker Marc McNulty, who is entering the last six months of his contract with Reading, says he would rather go on the dole or become a cleaner with Dundee United, where the 29-year-old is currently on loan, than return to the English Championship club.”
Sorted then. He gets a cleaner job at DUFC and signs part time for us.

Anybody know if Arbroath TV season ticket/subscription includes Scottish Cup games?
I've emailed Arbroath website twice, no response.
Cheers
Sorry. Scottish Cup games are not included. You will have to purchace a seperate PPV pass for the SC game.

4 minutes ago, Luddite said:

Thanks for the response lads. I thought that might be the case. I'm in the US and trying to piece together what games I can watch between now and the end of the season 👍

Remember to factor in that you may get 1 or 2 play off matches....

2 hours ago, Luddite said:

Thanks for the response lads. I thought that might be the case. I'm in the US and trying to piece together what games I can watch between now and the end of the season 👍

As far as I'm aware, if you are in the US you won't be able to stream the Scottish Cup anyway, whether you pay for it or not. I'm sure it's only domestic streaming that is allowed as a concession. Even that may not be by the next round anyway. (and of course your game may be selected for live tv anyway, which would rule out streaming).

1 hour ago, DUAFC said:

Remember to factor in that you may get 1 or 2 play off matches....

Not on the season ticket he won't. Pretty sure that won't be allowed. You certainly aren't allowed to give season ticket holders physical entry at playoff games. Can't imagine that streaming would be allowed either.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

On 25/01/2022 at 14:06, SimonLichtie said:

I think that says more about other clubs than about us though. All those 'viable' full time clubs around us are propped up by external investment or riddled with debt/ circling the drain every year.

We're neither propped up by external investment, nor riddled with debt. Don't let that stop you making sweeping generalisations though.

And notwithstanding a wonderful season for you, lets not pretend Arbroath are not also "circling the drain" pretty much every other season you're at this level, including just last season when you secured survival with a week to spare. You're getting a wee bit carried away here. It's been a wonderful few years for Arbroath and hopefully will continue to be but smug's not a good look.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

40 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not on the season ticket he won't. Pretty sure that won't be allowed. You certainly aren't allowed to give season ticket holders physical entry at playoff games. Can't imagine that streaming would be allowed either.

Are you sure about that? 

Physical access is definitely included on the season ticket and there appear to be no exceptions listed for the streaming of the play-off matches 

https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/half-price-sale/

Your season ticket will give you access to our remaining Home Championship matches, any play-off matches and of course full access to Arbroath FC TV (streaming is not included for the Junior / Arbroath FC Community Trust Season Ticket) and 10% discount on everything in the Club Shop.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As far as I'm aware, if you are in the US you won't be able to stream the Scottish Cup anyway, whether you pay for it or not. I'm sure it's only domestic streaming that is allowed as a concession. Even that may not be by the next round anyway. (and of course your game may be selected for live tv anyway, which would rule out streaming).

I was able to stream the Darvel game for 13 quid.  

17 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Are you sure about that? 

Physical access is definitely included on the season ticket and there appear to be no exceptions listed for the streaming of the play-off matches 

https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/half-price-sale/

Your season ticket will give you access to our remaining Home Championship matches, any play-off matches and of course full access to Arbroath FC TV (streaming is not included for the Junior / Arbroath FC Community Trust Season Ticket) and 10% discount on everything in the Club Shop.

Nice! Cheers 😁