The Arbroath Thread

8 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

He puts a shift in every time he plays but sometimes his passing/shooting could be better. Overall he's a good player and one that benefits the team.

You don't need everyone to be a superstar. Steady players will help the cause and let the flair players shine.

I agree with this in regards Craigen, i think he is a great player although i agree maybe left/mid wide player is not 100% his position but he does do a decent job there.

He is also one of the few (T.O.B./McKenna being the others) AFC players that has a shot from distance.

In regards "an attacking wide player", well we do have one on the books as in Bobby Linn!! 

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

I agree with this in regards Craigen, i think he is a great player although i agree maybe left/mid wide player is not 100% his position but he does do a decent job there.
He is also one of the few (T.O.B./McKenna being the others) AFC players that has a shot from distance.
In regards "an attacking wide player", well we do have one on the books as in Bobby Linn!! 
C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0.

All well and good shooting from distance but most of his efforts are ones Jonny Wilkinson would be proud of [emoji23]

8 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

All well and good shooting from distance but most of his efforts are ones Jonny Wilkinson would be proud of emoji23.png

Thought he made a difference when he came on today including the 25 yarder that hit the post before our winning pen.

Support ALL AFC players, Smokies & Wine 36-0.

I believe the bbc only cover each teams at home twice a season to make up their 20 games. 

They will be devastated come April when Arbroath are lifting the league trophy against Morton on the last day and they can’t cover it. 

in all seriousness, what a ridiculous situation we are in, no other team in the league is better than us and that’s us now beaten killie, partick, Inverness and Raith away from home. Fantastic. It’s all fun and games baby.

After last week, then our first game without Nouble, Mckenna or Dowds while away to the team that probably played the best out if everyone we have played in the same fixture earlier in the season you have to give the management and players unbelievable credit for the performance today

IPartick Thistle and Killie at home next 2 games.... should be a couple of big big crowds in. Can’t wait

Today gave me renewed hope. Hamilton looked so much better. Him and Wighton could be some partnership... could be, hopefully don’t flop cause it’s the most exciting duo I can remember 

we obviously didn’t know how good Nouble would be before he signed 

After last week, then our first game without Nouble, Mckenna or Dowds while away to the team that probably played the best out if everyone we have played in the same fixture earlier in the season you have to give the management and players unbelievable credit for the performance today

No Nouble, Dowds or McKenna. Hamilton, Wighton and Low. That’ll do nicely.

Two absolutely massive league games coming up. Both at home, both winnable. 6 or even 4 points from those will put us in a very strong position.

If we can’t get near 2000 home fans for each of those games then we never will.

The cup game is a very welcome distraction. Should be comfortable enough and gives us a chance to gel the new lineup, and get much needed game-time for Low, Hamilton and Wighton. I’d give them 45 minutes each.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

IPartick Thistle and Killie at home next 2 games.... should be a couple of big big crowds in. Can’t wait

Get through these two upcoming games unscathed with six points and it's yours to lose.

You are having a fantastic season with an awesome away record/form. Just get the same out of your home matches and you'll soon have the big boys up from London with the cameras and all the other gubbins to cover the Fairytale of Arbroath.........

The 'whatever' choir were singin' Lunan Bay.🥴

It really will be yours to lose if you win the next two.

Go for it.👍

6 minutes ago, embow said:

Get through these two upcoming games unscathed with six points and it's yours to lose.

You are having a fantastic season with an awesome away record/form. Just get the same out of your home matches and you'll soon have the big boys up from London with the cameras and all the other gubbins to cover the Fairytale of Arbroath.........

The 'whatever' choir were singin' Lunan Bay.🥴

It really will be yours to lose if you win the next two.

Go for it.👍

Cheers man. Tbf we’ve had a whole lot of coverage UK wide and especially Scotland wide and it’s kind of made me a wee bit wary I’d rather be out of the spotlight for a wee while longer

But yeah 14 games and winning 8 would probably do it or come very close atleast its fucking wild