The Arbroath Thread

I would think that if Wighton is offered full time football from any club see would take it. And I guess Chris Hamilton would as well. For guys who have never had a job outside of football, the change from being a full time footballer to part time, finding and holding down a job could be daunting, especially if they have no qualifications.

11 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Something like £1.8m Gov money to be split by Scottish teams.

Guessing £1m Prem, 0.5m Championship, 200k league 1, 100k league 2

Based on that total guess we could get about £50k.

I would think some of the money will trickle down to the other leagues in the pyramid - LL, HL etc. so would be less.

Still a nice wee amount that will more than make up for the limited ICT game. Think it would be fairer though if some teams in the Championship got more as some have had more impacted home games to deal with.

2 hours ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

I would think that if Wighton is offered full time football from any club see would take it. And I guess Chris Hamilton would as well. For guys who have never had a job outside of football, the change from being a full time footballer to part time, finding and holding down a job could be daunting, especially if they have no qualifications.

Chris Hamilton is working with Goldie and Craigen just now

Wighton just had a daughter and done an interview before signing for Dunfermline about having to provide for her and his family.

I’m sure there’ll be more to consider than just PT / FT especially if there is a difference financially. Is getting a job really that daunting? 

Not saying we are going to get him but we will definitely be an option worth considering. Suppose we will find out 

28 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Between us and Hamilton for Wighton apparently. 

Why would anyone want to sign for Hamilton? Horrible club 

Exactly mate, there is no way he will go and waste himself at that scummy tinpot club, The future is Maroon and he knows it 🇱🇻⚽💪

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

1 minute ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Exactly mate, there is no way he will go and waste himself at that scummy tinpot club, The future is Maroon and he knows it 🇱🇻⚽💪

You’ve just jinxed it 

I suppose Hamilton wouldn’t be too hard travel wise for him 

See what he does. He’s still very young

11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Between us and Hamilton for Wighton apparently. 

Why would anyone want to sign for Hamilton? Horrible club 

Aye, we were rather dissapointed when Kieran MacDonald, who was part time with us, decided he was not keen on signing on again when we went full time. In the end he ended up going to Hamilton...

Pleased for big Anton, it was well deserved.  Rubs a wee bit of salt in the wound however. 

I just feel like we could do with some good positive news on the transfer front. 

I think the league and SFA meet on Saturday to decide how to split the new covid payment so we could see that later next week 🤞

Still absolutely delighted with where we are but it feels like it’s been nothing but bad news on and off the pitch for the last two or three weeks - poor performances, one point out of 6, the very likely winnable game v a weakened Hamilton being postponed, losing Nouble and Dowds with no sign of replacements, rumours that McKenna is out tomorrow.

Really hoping for something positive, either a new signing or two or 3 points tomorrow.

Yeah I thought that Hamilton game would’ve been perfect, them with a depleted squad, win there and that would’ve set us up for a big one v Inverness. Had kind of hoped for 7-9 points in Nouble last 3 games. Instead 1 point and a match postponement 

Edited by 1320Lichtie