The Arbroath Thread

We need to spend entire training sessions practising corners, crosses and final balls.

Unless we get another striker in then I’d love to see Henderson back with Low, Stewart and Hamilton in midfield. Push McKenna up with Hamilton. We really need to start playing football again and stop lumping it up the park. 

50 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Thomson was a massive loss today,
We looked absolutely terrible down the right,
The balance of the team was off with Craigen on the left,
Mckenna back up top next week unless we get someone else in,

Craigen played on the left earlier in the season, but not a natural wide man, need someone to play there, would assume with Low coming back allow McKenna to move further forward, but we now need to adapt our style of play, now that Hamilton is our CF, because there is no way Falkirk are going to let Dowds go now

Overall shape of team today was disjoined - missing Dowds and Thomson never helped.

This was Nouble's last game, so expect further changes in the line up next week.

Dowd's returning to Falkirk won't be an easy replacement - as shown today.

But only 3 league defeats is an amazing achievement and better to lose to a team in the lower half of the league.

We are still top of the league with a squad of great players who have been outstanding all season - but will need to adjust now that Dowds and Nouble are no longer available.

In the words of the BBC reporter, today's match was a  "low quality encounter".

Cheers for the new improved Dowds guys, he was outstanding today, his work rate, running, and took his goals well. Looks a totally different player to the one we let go on loan. Rennie spoke well of him after the game so I'd suggest he's not going anywhere in this window now. 

14 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Still need a few points to be safe. This is our mantra normally at this level.

I’m just enjoying the dream just now.  Top of the league and with a totally committed squad.

Jeez what’s not to like.

Relax, we’re safe already. There’s no way the bottom 3 are ALL picking up 21+ points each in 16 games. Morton look most likely but they all won’t. They’ve only won 9 games between them all season.

That would also be dependent on us losing every single one of our remaining games, with a few pumpings in there too re the goal difference.

Edited by Tattie36

12 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Cheers for the new improved Dowds guys, he was outstanding today, his work rate, running, and took his goals well. Looks a totally different player to the one we let go on loan. Rennie spoke well of him after the game so I'd suggest he's not going anywhere in this window now. 

Get away.....

Glad for Anton, that's about it.

Try and treat him with a bit of civility and respect this time.

Edited by DUAFC

6 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Livi don't play until 18th v Dundee.

Can we play Noubs v Raith on the 15th ??

I heard he is training with Livingston next week to get ready for their first game , don’t think they would run the risk of him getting injured 3 days before their season kicks off again 

Edited by Finlay21

No Noubz is away, with all our best wishes. What a guy what a player 

Now, let’s see what DC does. Also the talk of staying up... 😂 that’s achieved ffs 

Top 4 is the aim. It’ll be tough but I’ll be close. Whoever wins the league is going to be in the 60 point range I think. 15 games left. Game at a time. If we could aim for 7 wins I think we would be in a good position 

A big change coming for our team set up. No Nouble or Dowds but Nicky Low back in. Goals are definitely going to be harder to get. Be interesting to see how Dick sets us up next week. I think most of us would like to see McKenna further advanced and playing off Jack Hamilton.

14 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Relax, we’re safe already. There’s no way the bottom 3 are ALL picking up 21+ points each in 16 games. Morton look most likely but they all won’t. They’ve only won 9 games between them all season.

That would also be dependent on us losing every single one of our remaining games, with a few pumpings in there too re the goal difference.

I hate quoting myself but I’ve been thinking a bit more about what would need to happen for us to even end up 9th.

It would take a combination of us having the greatest @rse collapse of all time - even worse than the second half of Alan Moore’s season, combined with the teams from 6th-9th ALL having good or exceptional ends to the season, starting right now.

For the sake of argument, let’s take Dunfermline out of the equation and say they’re down automatically, and also that we lose every single one of our remaining 15 games and score 0 goals in the process.

That would still mean that Morton and QOTS would each need to pick up 21 points and, in conjunction with all our defeats, get enough goals to turn around 27 and 30 goal differences respectively - that would be just to pip us on goal difference.

Also add in that Ayr and Hamilton would each need to get 17 and 14 more points than us and turn around even larger goal differences.

Even though it “could” happen, it won’t and every point or goal we get makes it even more unlikely.  I could see one or even two of them putting together a good run and catching us but not all of the above.

Edited by Tattie36

I hate quoting myself but I’ve been thinking a bit more about what would need to happen for us to even end up 9th.
It would take a combination of us having the greatest @rse collapse of all time - even worse than the second half of Alan Moore’s season, combined with the teams from 6th-9th ALL having good or exceptional ends to the season, starting right now.
For the sake of argument, let’s take Dunfermline out of the equation and say they’re down automatically, and also that we lose every single one of our remaining 15 games and score 0 goals in the process.
That would still mean that Morton and QOTS would each need to pick up 21 points and, in conjunction with all our defeats, get enough goals to turn around 27 and 30 goal differences respectively - that would be just to pip us on goal difference.
Also add in that Ayr and Hamilton would each need to get 17 and 14 more points than us and turn around even larger goal differences.
Even though it “could” happen, it won’t and every point or goal we get makes it even more unlikely.  I could see one or even two of them putting together a good run and catching us but not all of the above.

What the f**k are you on about [emoji23] we’ve lost one game in the aftermath of losing 2 hugely influential players, before we’ve had the chance to replace them. Chill out

33 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

What the f**k are you on about emoji23.png we’ve lost one game in the aftermath of losing 2 hugely influential players, before we’ve had the chance to replace them. Chill out

What? I’m not in the slightest bit worried and am completely chilled about where we are, fecking delighted in fact.

This was all in response to Seeker’s post earlier about us still needing some more points to be safe.

Just pointing out how ludicrous it is for anyone to be worried about our safety.

Edited by Tattie36