The Arbroath Thread

Guest TedCrilly

Dowds return to Falkirk has been confirmed on our official site. I don’t think the move to Arbroath is fully dead in the water just yet though.

Leaves us in a bit of a pickle. Was really hoping we could have bought him from Falkirk.

Dowds and Nouble were both excellent with their feet and great at creating chances for others as well as possessing a goal threat. Fear we’ll have to go ultra direct up front now and it also leaves us very light in attack.

Edited by Tattie36

1 hour ago, TedCrilly said:

Dowds return to Falkirk has been confirmed on our official site. I don’t think the move to Arbroath is fully dead in the water just yet though.

I totally agree.

We had to observe due process and I'm sure the loan contract ran to 6 Jan. The opportunity to go on and agree something else now presents itself. 

Edited by DUAFC

7 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

I totally agree.

We had to observe due process and I'm sure the loan contract ran to 6 Jan. The opportunity to go on and agree something else now presents itself. 

Nah, I think he’s gone, certainly for the medium to long term anyway. Falkirk fans would be furious if he was let go now. Sounds like they’re quite excited to be getting him back.

21 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

I totally agree.

Loan denied. Maybe put an offer in for a pre contract for next year though. 

Was always going to happen, to be fair he has acted quite quickly by bringing back Hamilton. 

We now have Hamilton, Linn, Donnelly and Hilson who can play in the two forward areas, however i still think the return of Low could be pivotal as that will allow McKenna to move further forward.

That said, most seem to think Hilson/Donnelly aren't good enough so wouldn't be surprised to see another forward coming in.

2 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Was always going to happen, to be fair he has acted quite quickly by bringing back Hamilton. 

We now have Hamilton, Linn, Donnelly and Hilson who can play in the two forward areas, however i still think the return of Low could be pivotal as that will allow McKenna to move further forward.

That said, most seem to think Hilson/Donnelly aren't good enough so wouldn't be surprised to see another forward coming in.

When was the last time Bobby played upfront? Was that no Todd Lumsdens master plan (that actually worked out quite well in League 2). You can’t lump him in as a striker? 

Personally don’t think Hilson is up to it I think he’s well off form and confidence and he’s been played out of position a lot and I think he needs a change to get him back going again he can’t get a run with us

I think LD is a very good player and he’s been playing well and offers the team something 

However I don’t fancy either of them to score too many goals. For where we are and the position were in, once in a lifetime really do you think Hilson / LD / Linn???? Don’t get why he’s in here / Jack Hammy is strong enough to be going into last 15 games with? 

Even if we were sitting 7th I’d have maybe said yeah we could maybe get by but we’re top of the league min 

52 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Very disappointing but not surprising. In form strikers are like gold dust. You only have to look at our competitors to see how few there are. Thank goodness we got Jack Hamilton in.

Maybe Sir Alex can assist with a loan from Man U to help out

I think the door is still wide open for Dowds to return - his loan period was up, but that won't mean the talks have finished.

Arbroath will be in talks with Falkirk to sort out a deal and hopefully this will resolve itself soon - unsure if this will get sorted before the weekend, but I suspect Arbroath are working trying to sort out an agreement.

Time will tell.