The Arbroath Thread

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Harrison Clark to Kelty

good luck to him. Definitely needed a loan further down the leagues 

A wee bit shaky to start with, but definitely grew in stature and composure as the confidence came.

He'll totally smash it in League 2

Harrison Clark to Kelty

good luck to him. Definitely needed a loan further down the leagues 

Clark improved after a few mistakes early on. He’ll do ok. As long as we’re keeping wee Hammy for the rest of the season this move is ok and hopefully frees up a place for a quality addition.

Really excited to see who we bring in. I can’t imagine Dick will be happy unless the squad is strengthened so intrigued to see who we get. We are a very attractive proposition at the moment and are getting a lot of media interest so I can see a few big clubs happy to loan us players for development or shop window purposes.

44 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

I’m not so sure we will bring anyone else in, possibly need another front player but Donnelly and Hilson are there as back up to Hamilton, as has been said, you’d imagine when Low comes in, McKenna will move further forward. 

If we’re losing Nouble, Dowds, Clark and possibly one or two others then we definitely need more in even just to keep squad numbers at an acceptable level. If we have serious thoughts of a playoff place or even winning the title then Hamilton up front with Hilson/Donnelly as cover ain’t going to cut it.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah we are top of the Scottish Championship in January. Got to go for it, once in a lifetime stuff this 

It's mad, it's a very similar position to what we were in when we went up albeit we were second for most of the season instead of first. We had a bit of a weird January window back then losing our first choice striker in Danny Mullen. We went on to replace him with a prime Lee Miller and a breakthrough Ryan Hardie who utterly bossed the rest of the season in stunning fashion. 

We were lucky to have had Neil Alexander back for that season though who gave us an insanely good goalkeeper. 

If you guys go on/continue this decent run then you won't be long away from confirming playoff spots. Finishing 2nd is massive with one less two legged affair to go through. Then again, you could hope for COVID to go mental and go up on PPG :D 

Today could perhaps be Anton Dowds last game for Arbroath - if the rumours of him returning to Falkirk are true - would expect Dowds to be in the starting line up today.

Might also see a second half appearance from Nicky Lowe today.

Going for a 2-1 home win today with McKenna and Dowds getting the goals.

17 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

If we’re losing Nouble, Dowds, Clark and possibly one or two others then we definitely need more in even just to keep squad numbers at an acceptable level. If we have serious thoughts of a playoff place or even winning the title then Hamilton up front with Hilson/Donnelly as cover ain’t going to cut it.

Who would the one or two others be? 
Would be madness to let anyone else go especially with all that Covid brings. At the moment, we have Hamilton in, maybe one more addition

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Would be madness to let anyone else go especially with all that Covid brings. At the moment, we have Hamilton in, maybe one more addition

Wouldn’t be surprised if Hilson goes and there’s been rumours of Chris Hamilton being looked at by Dundee etc. 

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Hilson? 

And at same time be mad not to try and go for it when we are top of the league in January. Hamilton with LD and Hilson as back up is very light and I think we’d struggle without anyone else surely?

DC said on radio he has a white rabbit up his sleeve and would try get people in next couple weeks 

Can’t see there being many forwards in lower leagues who are considerably better than Hilson and Donnelly so would have to be loan, also have the options of Bonny and mckenna going up front to support Hamilton. Dick always seems to come up with the goods

9 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Can’t see there being many forwards in lower leagues who are considerably better than Hilson and Donnelly so would have to be loan, also have the options of Bonny and mckenna going up front to support Hamilton. Dick always seems to come up with the goods

Dowds well ahead of Hilson for me and he couldn’t even get a game at Falkirk. Love Hilsons work rate but I dunno if he offers enough just now I kind of feel like we need to have a different option. Euan Henderson for example would be a significant upgrade 

24 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dowds well ahead of Hilson for me and he couldn’t even get a game at Falkirk. Love Hilsons work rate but I dunno if he offers enough just now I kind of feel like we need to have a different option. Euan Henderson for example would be a significant upgrade 

Yeah absolutely but doesn’t seem to be available. Falkirk I’d imagine will be desperate to have a player back who is scoring and playing well at the top of the league above