The Arbroath Thread

Bullshit. Do you not have any idea of what’s happening in other countries? Is it Swinneys or Sturgeons fault that the exact same, or in many cases, more extreme restrictions are happening all over Europe? Im nae happy with any of this but we’ve seen before how delays in shutting down and imposing restrictions (in combination with antivaxxers) has prolonged this shit-show and caused increased cases/illness/death.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Intelligent and well thought out response.

Listen, I think BoJo (most Tories really) is a disgraceful and despicable human being but, up until all the recent no10 shenanigans, I was willing to cut him a little slack. I have a degree of sympathy for all politicians no matter what party they represent due to the fact that they have had an almost impossible job during this pandemic. Try it.

Intelligent and well thought out response.
Listen, I think BoJo (most Tories really) is a disgraceful and despicable human being but, up until all the recent no10 shenanigans, I was willing to cut him a little slack. I have a degree of sympathy for all politicians no matter what party they represent due to the fact that they have had an almost impossible job during this pandemic. Try it.

Let them all hang

A message going out to all our season ticket holders. Please make aware your friends and family who have season tickets to check their email so they don't miss out.

Arbroath FC Season Ticket Supporters Ballot

Everyone at Arbroath Football Club has been working incredibly hard to make sure that you, our loyal supporters won’t miss out on cheering on the team at Gayfield Park over the next three weeks.  We want to be together with you.

Swift plans have now been made by the club to accommodate a maximum of 500 Arbroath supporters for each of our home matches against Hamilton Academical on Wednesday 29th December 2021 (7.45pm kick off) and Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Sunday 2nd January 2022 (3pm kick off).

We know that some supporters are going to be unhappy, but we hope that you can understand this precarious situation that we are in.

With that in mind, a ballot portal has now been set up which is open to all 21/22 season ticket holders and supporters who have purchased a 21/22 half season ticket only.

You will be asked to complete the relevant fields which shall include your email and unique season ticket bar code number displayed on your physical season ticket card.  

To try and be fair to everyone, there are two options.

Option 1 - To choose either match as your preferred first choice, this will not guarantee that you will be to attend this match but you will then be entered into a random ballot where a maximum of 500 season ticket holders will be issued an e-ticket for one game, with the remaining a maximum of 500 season ticket holders being offered a ticket for the alternative fixture (season ticket cards will NOT be active for these two matches).  

Option 2 - To inform us that you do not wish to attend either of these matches in person but instead use your virtual season ticket and watch both games live via Arbroath FC TV.  

Informing us if you do not wish to attend either game will also assist in making sure we can utilise the 500 tickets to the maximum ability.  

The Closing date for all applications is Monday 27th December at 11am.  

You will then be emailed in due course a print at home or display via your phone e-ticket for the match that you have been selected to attend.

Whilst we are extremely disappointed to be informed that our full loyal fan base cannot be in attendance at both matches, we do hope you can appreciate the short notice measures put in place by the Club to try and be as fair and as transparent as possible to allow you to be present during these imposed restrictions.

Thank you again and C’mon the Lichties

Ticket Ballot.jpg

Edited by Gayfield

Have completed the ballot. Was really looking forward to seeing these games in person.

But i have decided to give them a miss and allow someone else, a new ST holder or regular, the chance to get along to see the team we all love.

This time of year is especially difficult on the mental health on some people. Just being able to go to out and enjoy a day at the football is worth its weight in gold to some.

If by not adding my name to the ballot gives that 1 person the chance to go to a game, or a parent being able to take their kid to see the Red Lichties, then i am more than happy to miss out.

Will still be cheering the club on, kicking and heading every ball, watching the players perform and keeping the dream alive.

Good luck all. Merry Christmas.

Don't think there's much doubt about that. Soots is an official club ambassador and did a fundraising afternoon at the hospitality suite a couple of weeks ago
Next round is Wednesday 29th, first on in afternoon session.

Looking forward to it!

13 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Have completed the ballot. Was really looking forward to seeing these games in person.

But i have decided to give them a miss and allow someone else, a new ST holder or regular, the chance to get along to see the team we all love.

This time of year is especially difficult on the mental health on some people. Just being able to go to out and enjoy a day at the football is worth its weight in gold to some.

If by not adding my name to the ballot gives that 1 person the chance to go to a game, or a parent being able to take their kid to see the Red Lichties, then i am more than happy to miss out.

Will still be cheering the club on, kicking and heading every ball, watching the players perform and keeping the dream alive.

What an amazing post, Such a lovely nice gesture and thing to do at this time of year, Merry Christmas to you and your family too Sir ⚽🇱🇻

Think the Club have handled this whole thing brilliantly.  

Clear communications as quickly as possible, and a fair, well thought out plan with times and deadlines.  Made the best of a horrible & difficult situation. 

2 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Think the Club have handled this whole thing brilliantly.  

Clear communications as quickly as possible, and a fair, well thought out plan with times and deadlines.  Made the best of a horrible & difficult situation. 

You guys are first class on and off the park and an example to many other FT clubs that seem to be making a wee bit of a horlicks of it all- no wonder you are a successful club and quickly becoming everyone’s favourite second team👏

Edited by Its not only a game

20 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

My dad has also asked the club to remove him from the ballot and he will stream the games