The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, lichtiedaft1993 said:

So does this mean we do get to keep nouble for a little longer as the premiership having there winter break now and not starting back up till 15th of january?? PLEASEEEEE emoji3.png

Apparently it does :D The answer to that question has flip flopped so much the last few days. Look likely he'll stay at Arbroath until our season kicks back off in January 

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently it does :D The answer to that question has flip flopped so much the last few days. Look likely he'll stay at Arbroath until our season kicks back off in January 

He keeps telling my 8 year old daughter he is staying at Arbroath for life 🇱🇻⚽🤩

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

So Dunfermline have decided to not allow any fans in. I feel this is what we do. How can they decide who gets one of the 400+ tickets? We have over 1000 season ticket holders. 
- Do you need to be vaccinated?

- Does buying your season ticket early give you an advantage?

- Should members of the supporters club (with season tickets) get priority? 
- Do half get in for Hamilton and the other half get in for Caley? 

2 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Why not let half the original season ticket holders in for the Hamilton match then the other half in to ICT.

Surnames A - L Hamilton,

M - Z ICT

What If there are 750 with surnames A-L? 

Im pretty sure season tickets are numbered. 

Given that tickets are electronic, a random ballot wouldn’t be difficult at all. Probably giving consideration to include kids or not as some of them would need to be accompanied, if you’re successful for Hamilton then you wouldn’t be included for the ICT ballot. That’s roughly what other clubs were doing with reduced capacities.

1. Not all season ticket holders will want to attend for 2. Not all can attend. 3. Under 12s tickets.

I would probably just ballot the first game with people applying to go into the ballot. Same with Inverness with priority to those who didn't get picked for the first game.

If we are going with fans for the next two home games then a straight forward ballot of season ticket holders is the only real way to do it.

Everyone that wants to attend one or both of the games puts their name in, some will get both games, some will get one , some will get none. I wouldn’t mind any of theses scenarios for myself.

Perhaps if you get for the Hamilton game then you automatically drop out for the ICT game but who’s to say we’ll have enough individual fans interested to fill two allocations? I imagine it’ll be a fairly bleak experience, sitting or standing (are we allowed to stand?) two metres apart, probability have to wear a mask and keep shouting to a minimum. Also, quite a few season ticket holders (myself included) live a distance away so might not be bothered given the circumstances.

I don’t think you can differentiate between who bought first or last, both equally as valid season tickets. I bought mine about 2 minutes after online sales started but it’s the same ticket and cost as a ticket someone bought a fortnight ago.

Still shocked all 3 leagues didn't just have a 3 week break....
There are so many scenarios to consider who gets tickets, there will be so much for the club to sort out for allocating them fairly and then to organise and police the social distancing in the ground,
There will 100% be a lot of people left unhappy whatever happens,
What if one member of a family gets and another doesn't?, what if a child gets picked but they can't go to game alone? Honestly there a so many things,
Might just be easier for the club to follow dunfermline and do it behind closed doors and then there can't be any calls of it being unfair,

Still shocked all 3 leagues didn't just have a 3 week break....
There are so many scenarios to consider who gets tickets, there will be so much for the club to sort out for allocating them fairly and then to organise and police the social distancing in the ground,
There will 100% be a lot of people left unhappy whatever happens,
What if one member of a family gets and another doesn't?, what if a child gets picked but they can't go to game alone? Honestly there a so many things,
Might just be easier for the club to follow dunfermline and do it behind closed doors and then there can't be any calls of it being unfair,

What happens if nothing changes in 3 weeks though. Could end up in the same place again. 3 games per week wouldn't be good for us I wouldn't think.

12 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Does anyone see it going back to normal in 3 weeks? Personally I don’t unfortunately 

What’s your definition of “normal”? I would hope that we could be close to being back to where we were a couple of weeks ago by the middle/end of January, but IMO it depends on a number of factors.

If current vaccine levels continue, or increase, then we could have the guts of 4m boosters done by the middle of January.

If it transpires that Omicron doesn’t cause deaths or serious illness to the same level as previous variants, looks that way but it would be foolish in the extreme to assume this (see BoJo) without absolute proof.

If infection, hospitalisation and death rates drop or continue to drop.

If antivax weirdos do the right thing.

16 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Not an anti-Vaxxer by any stretch but even if everyone was boosted to f**k they still would’ve shat the bed over this variant and used football fans as a scapegoat (literally what that bald fucking c**t swinney admitted today)

Bullshit. Do you not have any idea of what’s happening in other countries? Is it Swinneys or Sturgeons fault that the exact same, or in many cases, more extreme restrictions are happening all over Europe? Im nae happy with any of this but we’ve seen before how delays in shutting down and imposing restrictions (in combination with antivaxxers) has prolonged this shit-show and caused increased cases/illness/death.