The Arbroath Thread

7 minutes ago, A_Veitch said:

Love to see it - Part time club top of the tree at christmas. If the unthinkable was to happen would you be allowed to play games in your home stadium or would you have to ground share with someone near by?

Already been covered. They would. When the SPFL was formed, most of the elitist, bullshit criteria for entry to the top league was chucked. 

However, they would need to play at Dens or Tannadice if they got in to Europe...

Already been covered. They would. When the SPFL was formed, most of the elitist, bullshit criteria for entry to the top league was chucked. 
However, they would need to play at Dens or Tannadice if they got in to Europe...
Well that will be next season after we win the Scottish Cup this seasom.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That is good news. I don't like it when a team wins promotion and then is told to move stadium. Another thing we could learn here.

21 minutes ago, A_Veitch said:

That is good news. I don't like it when a team wins promotion and then is told to move stadium. Another thing we could learn here.

Agreed. 

Next step is to get terracing back at all seater grounds. Not 'safe standing', as that's a con, but terracing (although properly maintained and sensibly allocated, i.e. not letting in more folk than the capacity). And obviously not all terracing. Keep seated areas/stands for those who prefer/need to sit. Fans should have a choice.

Edited by DA Baracus

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Absolutely amazing to see Arbroath top of the Championship at Christmas.

It’s no fluke at all and there’s absolutely nothing to fear in the title race to come. Would be very few people that wouldn’t feel happy for you lot to get into the top flight.

Montrose fans. 

Congratulations lads, I'm delighted to see this. I hope you stay there as you're quite obviously the form team in the league at the moment. I'll miss the pies though so might just have to adopt you as my big team if you get promoted.

Surprised nobody has yet mentioned how Gayfield won't meet the criteria as it's too windy ;) 

Yep, well done. Thoroughly deserved. I am glad the nonsense stadium rules have been binned, it nearly ended Thistle having to build 10,000 seats. That was madness.

Is Nouble away in January? He has ragdolled our defence this season, that would be a big loss.

7 minutes ago, K77 said:

Yep, well done. Thoroughly deserved. I am glad the nonsense stadium rules have been binned, it nearly ended Thistle having to build 10,000 seats. That was madness.

Is Nouble away in January? He has ragdolled our defence this season, that would be a big loss.

Aye. To be replaced by Jack Hamilton by the looks of it 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Is this the best part time team in modern Scottish football? Surely.

What's 'modern football'? QoS were top of this division part time in 2003-04 though not as late as Xmas right enough. I think the last time we were top was about the end of October. We finished 4th. Didn't turn full time until 2007.

Well done Arbroath. Superb achievement. 👏

3 minutes ago, K77 said:

Yeah, will be a huge loss.

If you just looked at stats, you maybe wouldn't take a second look. 4 goals and 3 assists isn't much on paper.

He offers us so much more than that though. So, so much.

Even if he is having a bit of an off day (like today), he still occupies defenders and he'll have moments - especially when he drifts into that left channel and gets to run at people. He's also very handy being able to just take the ball into a dead end and keep it for 30 seconds. Gives the rest of the team a breather and (if we're leading) kills the game.

Thistle are unfortunate that he's had 2 of his best games against them because, at his best, he's been totally unplayable.