The Arbroath Thread

59 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Going into the last 3 games it looked tough - Killie, Raith, Partick- but 7 points is sensational. Only 9 points needed now to ensure safety. Then, who knows?

Plus 3 away at ICT, amazing really.

But as you say, let's get to the 40 point mark before the Big Man heads back. 

Going into the last 3 games it looked tough - Killie, Raith, Partick- but 7 points is sensational. Only 9 points needed now to ensure safety. Then, who knows?

18 points clear of safety, dont think we need to worry about that now [emoji1145][emoji1145][emoji1145]

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

Ensure safety 🤣 😂

You must have seen how shit the teams in the bottom half are. 

Another brillaint result for Arbroath today. Keep it going.

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Ensure safety 🤣 😂

You must have seen how shit the teams in the bottom half are. 

Another brillaint result for Arbroath today. Keep it going.

But worryingly (Pars aside) we can't seem to beat any of them at the moment. 4 draws out of the last 5 games v the bottom half teams. Hopefully next week will stop that trend.

17 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

But worryingly (Pars aside) we can't seem to beat any of them at the moment. 4 draws out of the last 5 games v the bottom half teams. Hopefully next week will stop that trend.

Aye draws against the teams that you are something like 16-18 points ahead of, thus maintaining a huge gap.

I can see how that might worry you in terms of being safe  😂 🤣

Gie's peace. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

But we definitely do need to start winning games against them. We’ve been too complacent and wasteful in these games. Amazingly been more ruthless v the teams around us, we are creating countless chances In the games v bottom half but not been putting them away

12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Aye draws against the teams that you are something like 16-18 points ahead of, thus maintaininga huge gap.

I can see how that might worry you in terms of being safe  😂 🤣

Gie's peace. 

I'm not worried about safety, I think we're fine. However if we have serious aspirations for the playoffs... or better, then wins against the, dare I say, current "weaker" teams in the division are a must. The fact that we have beaten ICT, Partick and Killie (all away from home) in the last few weeks but can't beat Ayr, QoTS, Morton and Hamilton says to me that we're not approaching all games with the same mentality and intensity.

Edited by Tattie36

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I'm not worried about safety, I think we're fine. However if we have serious aspirations of the playoffs... or better, then wins against the, dare I say, current "weaker" teams in the division are a must. The fact that we have beaten ICT, Partick and Killie (all away from home) in the last few weeks but can't beat Ayr or QoTS at home says to me that we're not approaching all games with the same mentality and intensity.

Just realised i quoted you with another poster.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season. Would love to see Arbroath go up.

McKenna staying on is a superb news.

My first trip to Gayfield in two years on Saturday and cannae wait!

What a season so far, and not too be greedy ; but it could have been so much better. At least two games I seen, where we just couldn't score and ended up drawing.

Still, what a ride. And who knows what will happen now we have two leagues of 5!

I know Dick Campbell will say the goal is for safety, and Arbroath fans will feel the same, but there's zero chance of any relegation threat. Even within the first quarter, you could see Arbroath have far more about them than the teams propping up the bottom. 

It would be absolutely incredible if ourselves and Arbroath went up: Ideally it'll be December 2022, and the pitch-side TV is being blown over from North Sea wind as they're checking whether Michael McKenna or Dario Zanatta have strayed offside. To consider that less than five years ago, Arbroath had a ridiculous comeback to win League 2 on the final day to see them now on the cusp of the top flight is absolutely incredible. 

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Liam Henderson on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 2-0 win over Partick Thistle at Firhill yesterday. The big utility man powered home a 78th minute header to seal the win with the result taking us to 3rd in the table. 9 players received votes for the man of the match showing just how good a team performance it was. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

519CB970-247A-44E9-BFC4-367D30F53955.jpeg

18 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Has Jack Hamilton been getting much game time for Livi ?

After today's win at Tannadice I don't think Nouble's going to improve Livi, just leave him be for the season. 

No, he looks really lazy and slow. He has absolutely zero pace and looks like he has some issues with committing to a pressing style of play

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

No, he looks really lazy and slow. He has absolutely zero pace and looks like he has some issues with committing to a pressing style of play

He’s slow but not lazy. He doesn’t really do too much all round, but he was effective for us. Good target to play up to, won second balls off him and he scored most chances he got.