The Arbroath Thread

7 hours ago, Hammerafc said:
7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:
9 years to the day since that 1-1 draw at Celtic Park. 

A great result and Doris robbed of a perfectly good equaliser at gayfield when Forster slipped and was given a free kick.

Absolutely, never a foul

Yeah just read back a bbc report, not sure why i thought it was keddie, never a foul though. I remember birse squandered a glorious chance to equalise in stoppage time too.

Saw Birse play earlier in the season for Forfar United against the Vics. More of a target man than winger these days to be polite

On 01/12/2021 at 08:52, Smokerson said:

Worth remembering that these two teams are 4 or 5 leagues below us so would expect Forfar to be considerably better than them. We should be looking to win at a canter.

Surely only 3 or 4 (we’re Tier 2 and Brechin now Tier 5).   Definitely looking to win but so were Hamilton, East FIfe and Clyde on Saturday against teams at similar levels and the Lichties have plenty of cup failures against lower league opposition in recent memory.  I think the team have to be ‘up for it’ and ‘at it’ every game, league or cup to avoid the risk of similar slip ups.  I would t be looking beyond this next round just yet.  
Plus the only minor blemish over the superb management record of the Campbells has been the strangely poor cup form.

Edited by farflung lichtie

25 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Disappointing to hear nicky low is still a few weeks away but at least he’s not rushing anything, unlikely we’ll see him and noubz in the same team again emoji853.png

Reckon we will have Nouble till 15th Jan. Still a fair few games.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Jason Thomson on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 0-0 draw with Raith Rovers at Gayfield yesterday. The experienced defender has been superb since returning from a knee injury that has disrupted his season. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

FFD98C73-A62A-4ED2-B8CB-9C05177405CF.jpeg

Well that’s Paul Sheerin punted by Falkirk. To be fair he’s been a disaster for them, topped off by a 6-0 scudding at QP yesterday when they should be romping that league. Bet he wishes he never left his job at Aberdeen.

Nothing will ever tarnish his achievements with us. His first two seasons in particular were, apart from now obviously, the best time to be a Lichtie in my 40+ years as a fan. The football at times was sensational and fantastically exciting, and you just knew that every game was going to be wild with plenty of goals… at both ends.

The question is, did he get lucky at us with a great bunch of players and a gung-ho “I’ve nae idea what I’m doing but it works” management style, or did he have real talent and potential that has been hammered and coached out of him while running the kids setup at Aberdeen?

Feel really bad for him and I hope he can find a future back in the game, just don’t think it will be as a manager.

His best seasons were when he was still playing and had Petrie as his number 2. Swankie Doris and himself were a great combo on the field.

Falkirk has been an impossible job for a lot of managers for some reason. Be difficult to get another managers job for him but I'm sure he has a future somewhere in the game.

He will always be a legend at Gayfield.

Not sure I like Dick’s “my granny would’ve scored” comments about Bobby.  Seems to single him out for criticism quite a bit, don’t really think it’s needed. 
Yeah. Both were good chances but first one the defender did well to get back and limit the options Linn had.

The.second one was on his weaker foot. On target but just not enough on it to get it past the keeper. Tried to get it to the back post but failed. Keeper got lucky that we didnt have someone there for a tap in.