The Arbroath Thread

26 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I thought his performance yesterday was one of the best individual performances I can remember from an AFC player. He was absolutely outstanding in the defensive midfield role and he didn't put a foot wrong yesterday and mopped up every loose ball, every 50/ 50 and tracked every run in his area. Absolutely superb.

As for the game itself - I think, for me, the full time whistle and scenes at the end of the game are one of the produest moments I've felt supporting the club. It's not just that we won away to top of the league Kilmarnock, it's the whole feeling surrounding it. 

Yesterday was simply a standard, run of the mill league game for us. One of our hardest of the season, against a previously well established Premiership club, but it wasn't a big cup game, or a big end of season match, just a normal league game in November. For that to be the case and for us to be taking that size of support to a game south of Glasgow, to a 'big' ground and a team who get crowds 4/5 times the size of our own normally, and for everyone to think we had a chance of taking something prior to the game just sums up the superb feeling around the team/ club off the pitch at the moment amongst the support. We're at the stage where people don't want to miss any game, home or away, as there's always a good chance of us pulling off something sensational like yesterday as it's a regular occurance now.

On the pitch, there's nothing really to be said about how superb the team were yesterday as we all know it. Yet again another superb team performance, which brings me to the end of game scenes...... it is so, so good to see just how together as a group the entire staff are. All the players and management/ backroom staff together on the park, all acknowledging the fans, and all of the directors in the main stand left in a wee section in the middle clapping and cheering the team off as the 1500 home fans in the stand have suddenly disappeared. Those few minutes after the final whistle just summed up how together everyone is at the moment, on the pitch, in the stands and in the directors box.

You thoroughly deserved your win yesterday.  Dick Campbell is a very underrated manager, once again out-thinking the genius that is Tommy Wright.

I think you'll get a play off place at minimum this season, which would be a fantastic achievement. 

The game yesterday was one I wanted to attend but other commitments in the morning and early afternoon made this impossible. The addition of ppv has been great for fans that just can't make the game. It's nowhere near as good an experience than being at the match but I don't think it's having a negative impact on attendances as fans that would normally go will not settle for ppv unless they can't make it. I would think most people that buy ppv wouldn't normally have been able to attend the match. It would be interesting to see the figures to find out if it has been a positive addition financially to clubs.

12 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

We know that Joel will go at Xmas. How many other loan players might we lose then? They have all played a big part in our recent success.

Just Joel I reckon. Hamilton definitely won’t go back to Hearts and Dowds might return but only if Falkirk sack Sheerin before then. I imagine he will be up for grabs come the summer time. And Clark definitely won’t go back to Livi just now, he’s done well in recent weeks and actually had quite a lot of game time.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Gutted to miss the game yesterday but what a class result. Wee break from the league next weekend to maybe get something going in the cup with a winnable game and hopefully we can keep this form up going into January. Can imagine that Dick has been thinking ahead in the case that we potentially lose Nouble and have faith that he'll pull something out oft he hat to keep us firing into the play-offs.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Derek Gaston on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 1-0 win at Kilmarnock yesterday. The big keeper was a rock for us  and pulled off numerous saves to keep a clean sheet and help the team to a famous victory. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

249B98E8-C838-4CF5-A818-CADB71AD50D1.jpeg

4 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Does Mckenna stay on Pens or do we give someone else a try,
Personally would probably give him another chance

Assume Low will be back on pens, when he returns

Sitting on the bus last night in the Capital having just had a few vinos and reflecting on our great win. Behind me were a Hibs fan and a Jambo speaking about todays game Rangers v Hibs,the Hibbee was saying Gers were the favourites and he was not keen to go to the game. The Jambo pointed out if he did not go and Hibs won he would regret it. Right enough said his friend, after all who would have thought Kilmarnock would have been beaten by Arbroath , I of course piped up ME and produced my Season Ticket to prove my allegiance.

Oh great stated the two supporters then the Hibbee said that his father had left him a bottle of whisky from the eighties and it was a special edition of Arbroath Whisky issued for probably our centenary from 1978 or some other occasion and he took my address for delivery, winners today, Hibs, coincidence or the paranormal? You tell me.

17 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Happy Birthday to the brothers Campbell.

I listened to Dick on the sacked in the morning podcast, great guy and really funny, one of the best guys in fitba right now.

Wish we had a manager with a personality 😎

What you talking about Tommy Wright seems like a right barrel of laughs.... 

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What you talking about Tommy Wright seems like a right barrel of laughs.... 

You're right he's a p*sh laugh... have you heard the one he tells about our midfield? Killie midfield walks into a bar, the bar runs past them and scores, or something like that, I just don't get his humour.

On 21/11/2021 at 10:56, 1320Lichtie said:

Just Joel I reckon. Hamilton definitely won’t go back to Hearts and Dowds might return but only if Falkirk sack Sheerin before then. I imagine he will be up for grabs come the summer time. And Clark definitely won’t go back to Livi just now, he’s done well in recent weeks and actually had quite a lot of game time.

Good to see Harrison getting more games now, can't remember who i spoke to on here a wee while ago, but they didn't reckon he was ready for this level yet, and would prob be better going out on loan to a League Two side. Looks like he's improving though and Dick is giving him more game time to help his development even more.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Scott Stewart on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 3-0 win over Forfar Athletic at a freezing Gayfield yesterday. The winger was a constant threat throughout and a massive part of the comfortable victory that sees our name in the hat for the 4th round draw. Thanks to all who voted 

1161AAE9-EFF1-439D-B413-DDDCA8CF07EA.jpeg