The Arbroath Thread

4 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Another amazing win today. Just a thought - if Donnelly hadn’t blasted over from 6 yards last week, we would be top.

If we'd scored a third today instead of hitting the bar then we'd have been top. If we hadn't collapsed in the last twenty minutes against Accies to draw 4-4 we'd be in a strong position at the top, etc., etc. We can all use the "what ifs". There's a long way to go. It's only the middle of November. Nonetheless, well done on a fine result today. It has helped meantime to keep things close at the top

38 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Give Chris Hamilton whatever he wants! What a player 

I thought his performance yesterday was one of the best individual performances I can remember from an AFC player. He was absolutely outstanding in the defensive midfield role and he didn't put a foot wrong yesterday and mopped up every loose ball, every 50/ 50 and tracked every run in his area. Absolutely superb.

As for the game itself - I think, for me, the full time whistle and scenes at the end of the game are one of the produest moments I've felt supporting the club. It's not just that we won away to top of the league Kilmarnock, it's the whole feeling surrounding it. 

Yesterday was simply a standard, run of the mill league game for us. One of our hardest of the season, against a previously well established Premiership club, but it wasn't a big cup game, or a big end of season match, just a normal league game in November. For that to be the case and for us to be taking that size of support to a game south of Glasgow, to a 'big' ground and a team who get crowds 4/5 times the size of our own normally, and for everyone to think we had a chance of taking something prior to the game just sums up the superb feeling around the team/ club off the pitch at the moment amongst the support. We're at the stage where people don't want to miss any game, home or away, as there's always a good chance of us pulling off something sensational like yesterday as it's a regular occurance now.

On the pitch, there's nothing really to be said about how superb the team were yesterday as we all know it. Yet again another superb team performance, which brings me to the end of game scenes...... it is so, so good to see just how together as a group the entire staff are. All the players and management/ backroom staff together on the park, all acknowledging the fans, and all of the directors in the main stand left in a wee section in the middle clapping and cheering the team off as the 1500 home fans in the stand have suddenly disappeared. Those few minutes after the final whistle just summed up how together everyone is at the moment, on the pitch, in the stands and in the directors box.

That was better than the 1-0 win at Tannadice yesterday. 

Because in the game at Tannadice it was clear who the underdogs were, we looked like the underdogs, we scraped a 1-0 win and defended most of the game. 

Yesterday if you asked a neutral what team was top of the league they’d have probably said us, we missed a penalty, put plenty of pressure on them and created several good opportunities. 

Pleasing.

Edited by 1320Lichtie