The Arbroath Thread

6 hours ago, TASC_1878 said:

Good Morning Lichties! 

Iv no doubt there are a few tired supporters in work this morning, but the cinch Championship league table will lift your spirits 🇱🇻

93F07E1C-7D0F-4237-AE9D-53D447F0CBA2.jpeg

Congratulations Arbroath, amazing what you boys have done over the past 4 years!. Dick Campbell and his team don’t come across as masterful technicians but my god- they are masters of man management , players will clearly run through walls for them. They also know a player.

Got a text from my ICT pal who said you were worthy winners. Whilst the back 4 were amazing, he said could not believe the work rate of your front 2! Noubo and  particularly Dowds. Delighted, to see our X  Dowds now starting, get him right he will be some player. Nobody will work harder and with games will score, we loved him at EF, like many others became a basket case at the Falkirk cesspit-  played against us and was awful last year- but from press comment, I know Dick likes him, he get him back to his best,give him  game time, Arbroath will have some player… love what Arbroath train is doing… wished it was us.

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Chris Hamilton on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties sensational 1-0 win in the Highlands against top of the table Inverness Caledonian Thistle last night. The on loan Hearts man put in a vintage performance at Right Back helping us to a win that see’s our Lichties jump to 3rd in the cinch Championship. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

A645ABF3-3605-4FF5-9208-5DA305108A07.jpeg

Like most, I've been a bit bewildered by team selection the last 2 games but, particularly given we'd been in a bit of a slump, 4 points has been a better return than most would have expected.

Ultimately, with Nicky Low missing, we're not as creative so this looks to be a bit of a 'Plan B'. Get the ball forward early and try to get the second balls. McKenna doesn't actually appear to be playing much different, positionally but he is finding a bit more space.

We're in a good position to be able to try these variations thanks to the security our back 4 + Gaston offers. On that note, if Chris Hamilton doesn't get kept by Hearts, I think it's quickly becoming a no-brainer to sign him if we can.

Like most, I've been a bit bewildered by team selection the last 2 games but, particularly given we'd been in a bit of a slump, 4 points has been a better return than most would have expected.

Ultimately, with Nicky Low missing, we're not as creative so this looks to be a bit of a 'Plan B'. Get the ball forward early and try to get the second balls. McKenna doesn't actually appear to be playing much different, positionally but he is finding a bit more space.

We're in a good position to be able to try these variations thanks to the security our back 4 + Gaston offers. On that note, if Chris Hamilton doesn't get kept by Hearts, I think it's quickly becoming a no-brainer to sign him if we can.

Aye, making just one change by replacing Low is difficult because we’ve no direct Nicky replacement. DC has gone with putting a few boys in the opposition half and it’s gone pretty well. He’s quite the boy.

1 hour ago, Lichtielegend said:

Yes agree 

Stewart and McKenna really quite suit it too. They win a lot of second balls. I think LD being wide and Clark sitting instead of Henderson is the strange thing. Although both have been pretty good from what I’ve seen and heard 

Yes agree 

Stewart and McKenna really quite suit it too. They win a lot of second balls. I think LD being wide and Clark sitting instead of Henderson is the strange thing. Although both have been pretty good from what I’ve seen and heard 
After Low was ruled out i did think that it would have been ideal to bring Linn back into the starting line up for his creativity.

But what we are doing is working but at the same time its a shame to see him sidelined so much these days after all these years.

I heard on Saturday that Henderson was carrying a bit of a knock hence the inclusion of Clark, I actually quite like Clark, in the main i think he has done ok. I don't get the Donnelly in a wide area at all but fair doos seems to be working. Whilst I would never write Bobby off, I think him and Swankie are probably not going to get a sniff going by the last two months. May get loaned out or offloaded, big call to make given the emotions attached to both players but think its inevitable. 

I heard on Saturday that Henderson was carrying a bit of a knock hence the inclusion of Clark, I actually quite like Clark, in the main i think he has done ok. I don't get the Donnelly in a wide area at all but fair doos seems to be working. Whilst I would never write Bobby off, I think him and Swankie are probably not going to get a sniff going by the last two months. May get loaned out or offloaded, big call to make given the emotions attached to both players but think its inevitable. 

What does Bobby have to do to get a start again?[emoji23]

Just now, Smokerson said:

Who knows? is age catching up with him eventually? is he not doing enough in training? it certainly seems weird he isn't even featuring off the bench. 

No. Definitely not the man is going way above and beyond training wise. 

I think Dick will throw him and Paterson in at some point in the season out of the blue. He’s like that.

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:
6 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:
Dylan paterson away back to bo’ness on loan, probably best for all parties

Boy needs game time. Wont be getting it here with the way we are playing.

He’s definitely better than that level tho. 

It really is pretty crazy that we are third in this league and from what I’ve seen so far nobody is that much if at all better than we are. Raith and Morton recently were two poorish performances but in every other game dare I say it... we’ve been the better team? And we’ve been missing super Nicky Low too

Magic this