The Arbroath Thread

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH / VOTE 

Another win for our Lichties as we only need 10 men to beat Queen of the South. Who deserves your vote for the TASC Social Media Man of the Match? To vote pop over to the Facebook or Twitter pages. Voting closes  at 5pm this evening with the results announced at 5.30

8DF65298-08D6-47BE-8724-21D15877F69F.jpeg

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

This might have been covered already, but what are the chances of Livi recalling Nouble?

I don’t think they can recall him until January window , but if he keeps up his current performances and Livi continue to struggle to score goals I can only see 1 outcome 

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Thomas O’Brien on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 2-0 win over Queen of the South yesterday. Captain fantastic lead by example and his 16th minute header set the Lichties on their way to another impressive win. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

DB1203C8-6E22-42D5-85DC-02A3D7491B0F.png

8 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Never thought I'd want Livi of all teams to be doing well and winning games, but somehow they're my second team this season.... If Livi are doing well, we will do well :D

To be fair I'm sat thinking the same with Arbroath :D Would love to see you lot do the unimaginable and get up somehow! 

Interestingly enough, I remember we were sniffing about Tam O'Brien two seasons ago, a bit surprised he's still at Arbroath. Clearly he's Premiership bound with the Lichties though ;) 

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair I'm sat thinking the same with Arbroath :D Would love to see you lot do the unimaginable and get up somehow! 

Interestingly enough, I remember we were sniffing about Tam O'Brien two seasons ago, a bit surprised he's still at Arbroath. Clearly he's Premiership bound with the Lichties though ;) 

Join the queue everyone’s wanted him but he’s part time and Arbroath for good. Full time not worth it for him and plenty of our other players 

One thing about these glorious last few games - the number of decent scoring opportunities spurned by our opponents and ourselves.  We have a solid, well-drilled defence (look at the generally smart use of the offside trap), and proactive, aggressive defending approach - and it extended to the two stand-ins on Saturday after Gold and Hamilton departed proceedings.    However, at the same time, I do get the feeling that we have been a bit fortunate to be on the end of fairly dismal finishing.  None of these last 3 games probably warranted clean sheets while we have also managed to score at key times.   Given that `goals change games', you wonder if it might be a big ask to sustain this.  Given Killie have only conceded one goal so far in the league, you wonder what might `give' this weekend

All that said, we've missed a good few chances ourselves so it's maybe just what happens  - goals scored is always a minority share of chances created (so is this just restating the bleeding obvious)