The Arbroath Thread

22 minutes ago, Farflung said:

One thing about these glorious last few games - the number of decent scoring opportunities spurned by our opponents and ourselves.  We have a solid, well-drilled defence (look at the generally smart use of the offside trap), and proactive, aggressive defending approach - and it extended to the two stand-ins on Saturday after Gold and Hamilton departed proceedings.    However, at the same time, I do get the feeling that we have been a bit fortunate to be on the end of fairly dismal finishing.  None of these last 3 games probably warranted clean sheets while we have also managed to score at key times.   Given that `goals change games', you wonder if it might be a big ask to sustain this.  Given Killie have only conceded one goal so far in the league, you wonder what might `give' this weekend

All that said, we've missed a good few chances ourselves so it's maybe just what happens  - goals scored is always a minority share of chances created (so is this just restating the bleeding obvious)

Didn’t give up many chances against Hamilton or Thistle. Even ICT and Ayr, Dunfermline and QotS had some good ones though, but like you say we had good ones we missed in those games too. 

9 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Just listened to the interview with Joel after the highlights posted on the QoS pages.

What a lovely big guy.  Amazing talent, but more importantly a decent, modest, grounded human being.  Keep it up Big Man !!

I’ve been listening to his podcast appearances on YouTube over the last week whilst working and he’s a great guy. Sounds like he’s been quite unlucky and never got the rub of the green when he needed it. Started out at Chelsea playing with guys like Ruben Loftus Cheek. Had a bad injury and a few operations and it sounds like last year in the conference was the first year he was really able to shine at a good level. 

Thinking about it, I’ve only seen one other player like Joel. I lived in Milan for a few years and used to watch Brazilian Ronaldo at Inter. His combination of power and ball control was amazing. They called him Il Fenomeno (the Phenomenon). A very different level of course, but the same entertainment - fans would leave with smiles on their faces every week and never forget the moments of magic.

3 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

I was going to be a bit more modest and compare him with Chris Templeman, but the greatest No.9 ever to play is fine too.

Have seen Chris Templeman many times at Palmy he is not half as good as Nouble  .

He was a joy to watch has it all look forward to watching him again on Friday  night Arbroath very lucky to have him for now 

32 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Have seen Chris Templeman many times at Palmy he is not half as good as Nouble  .

He was a joy to watch has it all look forward to watching him again on Friday  night Arbroath very lucky to have him for now 

Big, fast, strong, unreal feet and clever. Been a revelation. Every week I’m just like he canna do it again and he has. Got to the point though that even if he’s having a bad game he’ll be capable of a moment that can win a match. Hopefully shines on Friday with the TV cameras on him. 

Hey Arbroath friends!
As a Livingston fan and part of the Almondview Podcast I'd like to ask about one of the players currently on loan with yourselves.

How has Harrison Clark been with you guys? I know he started a few games in the beginning but finding himself on the bench a bit more recently. Just after your thoughts on him.

Bet you thought I was gonna ask about Nouble eh? [emoji16]

Hey Arbroath friends!
As a Livingston fan and part of the Almondview Podcast I'd like to ask about one of the players currently on loan with yourselves.

How has Harrison Clark been with you guys? I know he started a few games in the beginning but finding himself on the bench a bit more recently. Just after your thoughts on him.

Bet you thought I was gonna ask about Nouble eh? [emoji16]

Clearly a decent prospect. Lots of energy and attitude. Decent technically. A wee tendency to occasionally try too hard with his passing, maybe his desire to impress. He came on for the second half in our win at QOS on Saturday as part of a 10 man set up.

29 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Hey Arbroath friends!

Bet you thought I was gonna ask about Nouble eh? emoji16.png

Decent prospect. Scored an absolute belter in one of his first games, good engine and attitude but still very rash in some of decision making has had a few mistakes which is either cost goals or near goals. Saying that playing more games and becoming more wiser will hopefully cut this out. Personally think he'd be a regular in league 1 and would be a squad player in the championship at the current moment. 

48 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Hey Arbroath friends!

Bet you thought I was gonna ask about Nouble eh? emoji16.png

Don’t think he should have been loaned to us he would’ve been better going to League 1. From where he was at to here is a huge step up for him. He is ok all round but getting let down by making some terrible mistakes and can’t get away with that in the middle of the park at this level. But again it’s because he’s an 18 year old laddie with very little experience. Can’t blame him. He definitely gives 100 percent and loves football which is rather endearing he went absolutely wild after Nouble goal on Saturday so I have a lot of time for him. 

16 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I thought Clark was brilliant when introduced on Saturday. He has come in for some criticism from the support but he is a very good talent. As for Nouble…….shite! No point in taking him back in January. Just leave him with us

his mistake / poor pass that cost the red card

his mistake / poor pass that cost the red card
Yeh I noticed this too,
If we had went on to loose or draw the it might of got mentioned more,
I do agree he would maybe fit in better a league down,
I'd have Low, Henderson, Craigen, Gold all starting ahead of him in the middle of the park,
We have been very lucky with loans in the past, Miko and Williamson then before that Scott Martin