The Arbroath Thread

Best pub for a coach load mid day next friday? Think there's 7 or 8 buses heading up, with a few including ours leaving at 1pm and i'm sure a lot in cars/staying overnight. 

Last time we played at Gayfield was just after the Berlin Wall fell, so a fair amount of fans have never been. 

Shame it was moved from the Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Best pub for a coach load mid day next friday? Think there's 7 or 8 buses heading up, with a few including ours leaving at 1pm and i'm sure a lot in cars/staying overnight. 

Last time we played at Gayfield was just after the Berlin Wall fell, so a fair amount of fans have never been. 

Just get dropped off on the West Port.

Station Bar, West Port Bar, Bar 1320 and Millgate Bar all within 2 minutes of each other and 5-10 minute walk to the ground 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I know the Killie Club buses are booked into a club near Gayfield mate... maybe Colin Boyd could give you the contact/details, if they have room for another bus load? 

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just get dropped off on the West Port.

Station Bar, West Port Bar, Bar 1320 and Millgate Bar all within 2 minutes of each other and 5-10 minute walk to the ground 

Hopefully the Killie fans will then get into Tutties for the finale if they manage to get in as I am sure it will be a must visit for them 🇱🇻🥃🍺⚽

On 15/09/2021 at 11:49, DUAFC said:

Anyone able to put up a report on the Q & A session last night, or at least the key points. 

Club are consistent with the message that the Q&A sessions remain private. Actually agree with the stance, it was another insightful session apart from someone asking about Kane Hester, haha

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

...it was another insightful session apart from someone asking about Kane Hester, haha

I was at Elgin’s first home game of the season v Stranraer (who I was very impressed by, amazed to see them towards the foot of the table) and if anyone still really thinks Hester is a championship level player then they need their bumps felt. Not saying he’s not a decent player but you would need to be an absolute standout week-in, week-out in league 2 and he isn’t. He’s at his level.

Edited by Tattie36

4 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Club are consistent with the message that the Q&A sessions remain private. Actually agree with the stance, 

Fair enough, I sort of get that. You clearly don't want the club being misrepresented by someone else's take on events.

Sadly I'm a season ticket holder with 3-4 hour round trip to get to the ground.  Maybe the club secretary could post an agreed version.  Just a few lines to capture the key points. 

17 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Fair enough, I sort of get that. You clearly don't want the club being misrepresented by someone else's take on events.

Sadly I'm a season ticket holder with 3-4 hour round trip to get to the ground.  Maybe the club secretary could post an agreed version.  Just a few lines to capture the key points. 

I’m in a similar situation, though a bit nearer.  I don’t think any of the regular supporters (all season ticket holders) where I stand at Gayfield live in the town with some travelling a fair distance for the game and none makes it to the Q&A evening sessions. Hence a brief summary of the key observations would be greatly appreciated if not here then through some more confidential medium such as email. AFC have greatly improved communication but something like this (eg a short update or even brief bi or monthly newsletter, also short) might help keep the many non-Arbroath resident supporters/season ticket holders in the loop.

Two tough games coming up now in quick succession. A real challenge to keep our recent purple patch going but let’s see.

On 13/09/2021 at 17:22, 1320Lichtie said:

Really no sure what’s going on here. LD been very good this season when he’s played seems strange to be picking faults with him when he’s not featured much recently. 

agreed seems the guy constantly gets stick for no real reason. Not just LD our strikers do get it tight, just baffles me why we heckle our own players