The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, TASC_1878 said:

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - VOTE 

This wee part time team from the east coast isn’t doing too badly! Hamilton were no match for our free scoring Lichties on a beautiful afternoon at Gayfield. Who deserves your vote for the TASC Social Media Man of the Match? To vote pop over to the Facebook or Twitter pages. Voting closes tomorrow at 5pm with the result announced at 5.30 🇱🇻

551E0107-A7EB-4A22-85E8-4459F852859E.jpeg

Has to be Scott Stewart. 🇱🇻

I'm obviously younger than others (a lot younger than some! :P) but I was also saying today that this must be our best team/ run of performances/ results in nigh on 50 years....

If you look at our last 3 league games..... battering a recently relegated from the Premiership team in Hamilton 4-0, hammering Dunfermline 3-0 on their own patch and beating Partick 3-1 at Gayfield, with us dominating all 3 games. Yes we've had some superb runs in our title winning seasons, but to be dominating games at this level against these type of teams is ridiculous.

Another thing that has been said so many times, but can't be said enough, is just how good things look off the pitch. Over 1000 home fans in attendance, 150+ kids in the ground all loving it and feeling connected to the club/ team already, 140 capacity hospitality sold out and while Gayfield's always looked good I'm sure we can all agree, it really does look fucking tremendous currently with all the wee bits and pieces that've been done round the place.

Unfortunately due to all of the above it's time for me to cease my support for the club. I've always loved supporting a small team and everything that comes with iand with us now being absolutely massive time, it's only right that I go back to watching football at the level I really enjoy it. Being from Dundee, it's relatively easy for me to still get to games at that level and get my fix of shitty football, so I guess all I can say is good luck for the rest of the season, and Mon the Loons!

I'm obviously younger than others (a lot younger than some! [emoji14]) but I was also saying today that this must be our best team/ run of performances/ results in nigh on 50 years....
If you look at our last 3 league games..... battering a recently relegated from the Premiership team in Hamilton 4-0, hammering Dunfermline 3-0 on their own patch and beating Partick 3-1 at Gayfield, with us dominating all 3 games. Yes we've had some superb runs in our title winning seasons, but to be dominating games at this level against these type of teams is ridiculous.
Another thing that has been said so many times, but can't be said enough, is just how good things look off the pitch. Over 1000 home fans in attendance, 150+ kids in the ground all loving it and feeling connected to the club/ team already, 140 capacity hospitality sold out and while Gayfield's always looked good I'm sure we can all agree, it really does look fucking tremendous currently with all the wee bits and pieces that've been done round the place.
Unfortunately due to all of the above it's time for me to cease my support for the club. I've always loved supporting a small team and everything that comes with iand with us now being absolutely massive time, it's only right that I go back to watching football at the level I really enjoy it. Being from Dundee, it's relatively easy for me to still get to games at that level and get my fix of shitty football, so I guess all I can say is good luck for the rest of the season, and Mon the Loons!

Or you could just support Dundee.

1 hour ago, timlichtie said:

I’ve waited a long time to see a better team than we had in the 60s, but this has to be it. For consistent, powerful performances this has to be our best in living memory.

I started going to Gayfield in the very late 70s so missed out on the better sides of the past but comparing where we are now, on and off the pitch, to even 15 years ago is unreal.

When I think of some of the players/teams/managers in my time of supporting the club it’s really amazing to see where we are now. And to go from one pie stall, a virtually empty club shop, no corporate to speak of, the choice of pissing in the worst toilets this side of Trainspotting or behind the enclosure, to the off-field facilities and merchandise etc we have now is as impressive as the differences on the pitch.

Buzzing for wee Nicky Low.  Always thought he was a good player who was super unfortunate with injuries.  Hope you get promoted tbh.

Nicky has been absolutely pivotal to our performances since he signed. A great technician. Always plays with a smile on his face. I panic every time he gets a knock.

Just thought I would congratulate all at Arbroath. What a time you are having and what an achievement from your manager Dick Campbell taking a part time  from the lower reaches of the SPFL leagues to currently 3rd in the championship. Very inspiring . 

Credit where credit is due. 

Enjoy yourselves and best of luck for the rest of your season as we look upwards from the foot of the SPFL.

Buzzing for wee Nicky Low.  Always thought he was a good player who was super unfortunate with injuries.  Hope you get promoted tbh.

He is some player. Was exactly the same for us, seemed a great guy as well. Glad to see him doing so well, obviously hope not against us

It seems to me that the Lichties have been fitter, both physically and mentally than the full time teams we’ve played recently. Is it because the modern player looks after himself better and that part timers have a working life away from football that gives them more mental robustness?

Not only do we have quality all over the park and a bit more depth but i think the fact the majority of our squad has been together for 5+ years is massively important and not many other teams have that.
Incredible performance yesterday and what a start to the season to the point other fans are starting to take notice and give us credit.
The good times keep on rolling as AFC fans so lets enjoy it, massive credit to the players, coaching staff & everyone at the club. [emoji460]️[emoji1145][emoji109]

3 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Not only do we have quality all over the park and a bit more depth but i think the fact the majority of our squad has been together for 5+ years is massively important and not many other teams have that.
Incredible performance yesterday and what a start to the season to the point other fans are starting to take notice and give us credit.
The good times keep on rolling as AFC fans so lets enjoy it, massive credit to the players, coaching staff & everyone at the club. emoji460.pngemoji1145.pngemoji109.png

Well said mate, On and off the park things have been incredible, What a time to be a Smokie, Looks like we are in for another exciting and memorable season

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Scott Stewart on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties convincing 4-0 win over Hamilton Accies at Gayfield yesterday. Scotty opened the scoring late in the first half and also set up Mikey Mckenna for the Lichties 2nd in a win that see’s us jump to 3rd in the Championship table. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

CC8AA60F-6543-437A-99C4-B07F6B564E45.jpeg

23 hours ago, stan3600 said:

And Nicky Low. He could play SPL football for most teams.

In terms of his quality, yes, undoubtedly. In terms of his fitness, no he couldn't. Which is why he isn't.

8 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Nicky has been absolutely pivotal to our performances since he signed. A great technician. Always plays with a smile on his face. I panic every time he gets a knock.

8 hours ago, qos1990 said:

He is some player. Was exactly the same for us, seemed a great guy as well. Glad to see him doing so well, obviously hope not against us

He's a very good player. Possibly the best midfielder we've had since Tosh left although it's hard to be certain with so few appearances to base it on. I was going to say if he was capable of training full time he'd still be with us but then if he was capable of training full time he wouldn't have been with us in the first place, he'd still have been playing Premiership football somewhere.