The Arbroath Thread

Looking ahead to next weeks game with Aberdeens bairns it’s the perfect time to get some minutes in the legs of the fringe players. JT, Dylan, LD and Antell should all start as should Bobby.  Swankie and Clark will also be in with a chance of getting some playing time. 

8 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Mind in League 1 he practically won us the title by Christmas  just playing off Wallace and banging the goals in, Lethal in the box and got that desire and energy to do well 🇱🇻⚽💪 It’s crazy DC only now has just started to play him back there in what most Lichties would agree is his best position. 

Exactly. We all know he can score. Seemed crazy to me that he was used in a deeper role when we’ve been desperate for goals the last two seasons and we seemed to have a possible solution already at the club. Looks like a great partnership with Nouble.

Mikey McKenna isn't playing as a striker, and hasn't done at all this season. When he played as a striker, in League 1, his scoring record was very, very poor.

One of the main reasons he's been so good this season, and is flourishing, is that he is being played consistently in his best position, which is not as a striker. He is playing in a free role 10 yards behind the striker, which is entirely different.

Playing in this role takes away all of the discipline required positionally as a main striker or in any of the midfield positions, and allows him to essentially do what he wants without worrying about leaving his man/ not tracking etc. If he was playing as an actual striker, and receiving the ball as the closest player to goal, that would be somewhat ridiculous and not a role he can play at all.

Playing in the role he has the last few weeks, allows all of the positive attributes in his game to shine through. He can run about and chase whoever the f**k he wants without any positional worry, he can turn up out wide or in the middle and most importantly goals wise he can make late runs into the box and play off the actual striker. Nouble is our striker, Mikey McKenna is our number 10 in behind him, and it works extremely well.

In my opinion, Mikey isn't a Championship player in any other position than the number 10 role. However, in this role he is fucking superb, and all of the negatives of his game can be avoided, and all the positives allowed to shine through.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Looking ahead to next weeks game with Aberdeens bairns it’s the perfect time to get some minutes in the legs of the fringe players. JT, Dylan, LD and Antell should all start as should Bobby.  Swankie and Clark will also be in with a chance of getting some playing time. 

I’d say go with the strongest team, keep momentum going and get a run in this cup. 

44 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

I’d say go with the strongest team, keep momentum going and get a run in this cup.

this is a competition that should have been put out of it's misery, long ago, a training day on Saturday may have been a better alternative, but since we have to play it, anyone who hasn't had much football in the past few weeks, plays

I doubt I will get to a game until 2022. Just bought a house and an airfare away too, and due to work/holidays haven't managed to catch a live game yet via the PPV, but Nouble, man, what an absolute find and menace he is!

I tried watching the game on my phone in between oddjobs yesterday on bet365, but the camera was so awful (wasn't Dunfy TV, that Pixalot shite) but couldn't see much.

Hopefully catch the highlights tonight, but what a start to the season!

Way too early in the day and the season ; but BUT BUT...... 4th place.... hmmmmmmmm. Let's see how we are at Christmas, before going insane and dreaming of, well you ken, what and where!

7 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Mikey McKenna isn't playing as a striker, and hasn't done at all this season. …In my opinion, Mikey isn't a Championship player in any other position than the number 10 role. However, in this role he is fucking superb, and all of the negatives of his game can be avoided, and all the positives allowed to shine through.

I’m sure yesterday McKenna and Nouble were interchangeable with McK farther forward at least half the time.  I also describe Luke Donnelly as a classic No. 10 and Joel N shares a number of similar positional characteristics Tho fairly unique).  So in conclusion… does it mean we actually lack a “genuine” striker and a surfeit of No. 10s?  Who cares - I notice Mike McK leads the goal scoring charts for the Division.

Nouble actually plays Just like his highlights package on YouTube: some outrageous runs and control with the ball on that YouTube video. He actually just plays like that all the time which is wild. Can tell why he used to be a winger now, after a few of the earlier games he never looked like he could do that at all but now you can see it. Fit as f**k, fast and strong 

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Michael Mckenna on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties comfortable 3-0 win over Dunfermline in Fife yesterday. Mikey scored twice at East End Park taking his tally to 5 goals in 4 games in the league. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

FA2456D6-A0FF-4678-8DEE-7A138F6F27EA.jpeg

On 29/08/2021 at 17:43, 1320Lichtie said:

Nouble actually plays Just like his highlights package on YouTube: some outrageous runs and control with the ball on that YouTube video. He actually just plays like that all the time which is wild. Can tell why he used to be a winger now, after a few of the earlier games he never looked like he could do that at all but now you can see it. Fit as f**k, fast and strong 

I just canny understand why we've sent him out on loan. Sounds like he's exactly the player we've been looking for since Dykes left

I just canny understand why we've sent him out on loan. Sounds like he's exactly the player we've been looking for since Dykes left
Nah he is crap,
I don't understand why he is getting all this praise,
You will see for urself when you get him back at end of season...no sooner!!!

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

He’s basically the JET but right footed. JET maybe a better finisher but Nouble so good at running with ball at his feet 

On 29/08/2021 at 10:32, Smokerson said:

Thats Dick's way sadly, and when someone picks up an injury or suspension the squad players are not match fit. Seems stupid not to give others game time but can see your point in wanting a run in the cup, but also is a cup run worth more than keeping a squad happy and fit?

On 29/08/2021 at 17:08, Farflung said:

I’m sure yesterday McKenna and Nouble were interchangeable with McK farther forward at least half the time.  I also describe Luke Donnelly as a classic No. 10 and Joel N shares a number of similar positional characteristics Tho fairly unique).  So in conclusion… does it mean we actually lack a “genuine” striker and a surfeit of No. 10s?  Who cares - I notice Mike McK leads the goal scoring charts for the Division.

2 goals in 6 starts aint a genuine striker, id say Nouble is a handful and absolute menace and has many good traits, but a natural born finisher he isnt. If he was he wouldnt be here put it that way.