The Arbroath Thread

15 minutes ago, ecto said:

Think a Linn/Patterson type, would have been a better option, struggle to see the point of the Dowds signing, tbh

Over 6 feet tall. More height for corners. Might have brought his shooting boots. Will have to prove himself at this level or will find himself moving down the leagues.

7 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Over 6 feet tall. More height for corners. Might have brought his shooting boots. Will have to prove himself at this level or will find himself moving down the leagues.

we don't lack height,possibly been an issue the past, not now, he's coming up a league, so probably never played at this level, so still struggling to see the point of the signing

Wonder if we will see big Noubz play a wider role now maybe. If you watch his highlight package from Aldershot he was always on the left. 

That’s what I would expect. A striker to play off Joel similar to how McKenna has been recently. Hopefully it will give Dowds plenty of opportunity to up his scoring rate. A useful addition I think.

53 minutes ago, ecto said:

Think a Linn/Patterson type, would have been a better option, struggle to see the point of the Dowds signing, tbh

Really? Surely another goal threat was always the main priority. A young, energetic striker could be a perfect foil for Nouble.

41 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Dowds isn't great in the air tbh, he's more your try and hold the ball up type, his goalscoring record hasn't been prolific bar when he was at Heriot Watt. Maybe Campbell can get more out him but at 24 I think he's 25 soon I don't think he's going to get much better if at all. 

25 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Really? Surely another goal threat was always the main priority. A young, energetic striker could be a perfect foil for Nouble.

His goalscoring record is so so, at best, he can be as young and energetic as hell, that will be irrelevant, if he is not of the required standard, and I have my doubts that he is

Dowds isn't a big battering ram, he likes the ball into feet with his back to goal and his link up play is his greatest strength. His finishing for us was awful. He definitely can't play up front by himself so you'd need someone up next to him.

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Dowds isn't a big battering ram, he likes the ball into feet with his back to goal and his link up play is his greatest strength. His finishing for us was awful. He definitely can't play up front by himself so you'd need someone up next to him.

So now he sounds like LD

Suppose we will just have to wait and see 

We’ve been looking good going forward and i was pretty happy with nouble up top with linn/mckenna/stewart supporting him but hopefully dowds can add to that and at the very least adds a bit of depth to our attack. Cant see there being any more transfer activity

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

We’ve been looking good going forward and i was pretty happy with nouble up top with linn/mckenna/stewart supporting him but hopefully dowds can add to that and at the very least adds a bit of depth to our attack. Cant see there being any more transfer activity

I would like to see Dick go with this but you just know it will be 

Hilson 

Dowds

Henderson left wing 

Nouble 

or something wild. The man is just vibing just now

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Arbroath vs Kilmarnock - New Date

Our cinch Scottish Championship fixture at home to Kilmarnock has been brought forward a day from Saturday 25th September to Friday 24th September with the match to be shown live on BBC Scotland with a 7.45pm kick off.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Williamson would’ve played every single minute at us think he should’ve come back.

He's been out with COVID and has been struggling to recover since apparently. Even at that though I struggle to see where he fits into our team. He's likely injury cover/rotation as he's nowhere near the level of Sibbald/Holt/Pittman. You'd think if any of those get injured/suspended then he gets onto the bench with a chance to make an impression from there.

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He's been out with COVID and has been struggling to recover since apparently. Even at that though I struggle to see where he fits into our team. He's likely injury cover/rotation as he's nowhere near the level of Sibbald/Holt/Pittman. You'd think if any of those get injured/suspended then he gets onto the bench with a chance to make an impression from there.

I think he’s got a high ceiling in him and bit early to say that considering he’s barely kicked a ball or had a run in the team. But if that’s the case maybe we can sort something out for January.