The Arbroath Thread

Sounds like he’s decent? He have Scott Martin injured and lost Odoffin so desperately need a good holding midfielder. . . [emoji1696] 

He was outstanding in his first season, solid holding midfielder that loves a tackle and keeps things simple. Second season he wasn’t at the same level but obviously our expectations were higher second time around. Should be a good signing for u.

47 minutes ago, bomberharris said:

Sounds like he’s decent? He have Scott Martin injured and lost Odoffin so desperately need a good holding midfielder. . . 🤞 

Yeah better than Scott Martin for me, we had both, Martin gets about the pitch a bit more but Miko a real physical presence, better on the ball, harder in the tackle and better at reading the game for me. 

Not so sure i would have had him back, he did well in his first year with us, he was like a man mountain and i remember in a couple of games he just seemed to be everywhere, i thought last year (albeit in a poor team) he looked a bit lost and had a very poor 6 months or whatever it was. 

Definitely not good enough for Aberdeen and might do well at Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Not so sure i would have had him back, he did well in his first year with us, he was like a man mountain and i remember in a couple of games he just seemed to be everywhere, i thought last year (albeit in a poor team) he looked a bit lost and had a very poor 6 months or whatever it was. 

Definitely not good enough for Aberdeen and might do well at Hamilton.

I think with the kind of player he is he could’ve done ok if he got a chance. He’s just in there to win the ball back and keep it easy. Physical guy in middle of the park. 

But can’t believe you’d say you wouldn’t have him back, our holding midfield options are Clark, Hamilton and Henderson. Not seen Hamilton play there yet but he’s not giving you what Miko did and Henderson is primarily a centre half. He’s a million times better of an option than them I think anyway. That’s just my opinion. I think he’ll do well this year and probably end up back in the top flight with someone. 

Arbroath vs St Johnstone - Tickets now on sale
Arbroath FC welcome League Cup Holders St Johnstone to Gayfield Park on Sunday 15th August with a 2pm kick off in the 2nd round of the Premier Sports Cup and we are delighted to announce that tickets are now on sale.
Arbroath Supporters can buy their tickets here - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/match-day-tickets/
St Johnstone Supporters can buy their tickets here - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/away-tickets/
Ticket prices are as follows;
£19: Adult (Over 18)
£12: Concessions (Over 65, Students, Juvenile, Disabled supporter which includes Carer)
£22: Parent and Child (U12)
£24: Parent and Two Children (U12)
As with all cup competitions Season Tickets are NOT valid and any supporter wishing to attend must purchase a ticket for this match.
All tickets must be purchased online. There will be NO cash turnstiles on the day.
Segregation will be in place for this match.
Arbroath Supporters will occupy sections A, B and C of the main stand and the Pleasureland End of the Stadium up to the TV Gantry. Arbroath Supporters will enter via Gate 1.
St Johnstone will occupy Section G of the Main Stand and the Harbour End of the Stadium up to the TV Gantry. St Johnstone Supporters will enter via Gates 2 and 3.
Seats in the Stands will be occupied on a first come, first seated basis. St Johnstone fans should be advised that only a small number of stands seats will be available.
There are disabled bays in front of Section A and Section H which are accessible by ramps parallel to these sections.
Each side of the ground has toilets and a refreshment booth selling drinks and snacks, while there are pie stands in far corners of the East Terrace.
We look forward to welcoming a large crowd to Gayfield for what is set to be a cracking cup tie!

Arbroath vs St Johnstone - Supporter Info web.jpg

Edited by Gayfield

Arbroath vs St Johnstone - Tickets now on sale Arbroath FC welcome League Cup Holders to Gayfield Park on Sunday 15th August with a 2pm kick off in the 2nd round of the Premier Sports Cup and we are delighted to announce that tickets are now on sale. Arbroath Supporters can buy their tickets here - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/match-day-tickets/ St Johnstone Supporters can buy their tickets here - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/away-tickets/ Ticket prices are as follows; £19: Adult (Over 18) £12: Concessions (Over 65, Students, Juvenile, Disabled supporter which includes Carer) £22: Parent and Child (U12) £24: Parent and Two Children (U12) As with all cup competitions Season Tickets are NOT valid and any supporter wishing to attend must purchase a ticket for this match. All tickets must be purchased online. There will be NO cash turnstiles on the day. Segregation will be in place for this match. Arbroath Supporters will occupy sections A, B and C of the main stand and the Pleasureland End of the Stadium up to the TV Gantry. Arbroath Supporters will enter via Gate 1. St Johnstone will occupy Section H of the Main Stand and the Harbour End of the Stadium up to the TV Gantry. St Johnstone Supporters will enter via Gates 2 and 3. Seats in the Stands will be occupied on a first come, first seated basis. St Johnstone fans should be advised that only a small number of stands seats will be available. There are disabled bays in front of Section A and Section H which are accessible by ramps parallel to these sections. Each side of the ground has toilets and a refreshment booth selling drinks and snacks, while there are pie stands in far corners of the East Terrace. We look forward to welcoming a large crowd to Gayfield for what is set to be a cracking cup tie! 1859088718_ArbroathvsStJohnstone-SupporterInfo.thumb.jpg.96823e405542838a1fc0a054b84638fd.jpg

12th August St Johnstone play Galatasaray. 15th August St Johnstone play Arbroath. It’s always good to get these football giants after a European midweek match. [emoji23]
Potentially they’ll sell half their players between Thursday and Sunday.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gonna be weird being segregated up at that end. 

I’ve always preferred the pleasureland end and, aside from big cup games with segregation, that was always the end the home fans congregated in pre match when I was younger. Not sure when that changed but possibly when we were last in the Championship in the early 2000s. I understand that it may pose logistical issues for some games but I would love it if we got that end as a matter of course for segregated games.

48 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I’ve always preferred the pleasureland end and, aside from big cup games with segregation, that was always the end the home fans congregated in pre match when I was younger. Not sure when that changed but possibly when we were last in the Championship in the early 2000s. I understand that it may pose logistical issues for some games but I would love it if we got that end as a matter of course for segregated games.

I like that side better too it’ll just be weird. Pleash end seems tighter and more enclosed for some reason. 

24 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I like that side better too it’ll just be weird. Pleash end seems tighter and more enclosed for some reason. 

I’ve got a pal who is adamant that end is smaller and the roof lower but it’s definitely not. I think it’s simply because the sun shines into the harbour end.

Edited by Tattie36

28 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I’ve got a pal who is adamant that end is smaller and the roof lower but it’s definitely not. I think it’s simply because the sun shines into the harbour end.

Kind of agree about the roof but maybe I’m imagining it. 

10 hours ago, ecto said:

That’s traditionally the home end

Agree what i remember in the late 60's and early 70's that was the home end but i remember in the Scottish Cup Q/F in 1977 against Dundee FC with 10,000 in Stade La' Gayf that changed and the Harbour End then became the home end and ever since it has been the home end for segregated games, i think a big reason for this was to stop both sets of fans passing each other after the game to cut out any trouble (i.e. the away busses was always parked beside the old outside Bathing Pool (now the Cinema/Nightclub).

Not complaining but is there a specific reason for changing it again? 

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.