The Arbroath Thread

3 hours ago, lichtiedaft1993 said:

See when everyone is fit and available what does everyone think are strongest team would be?? Heres mine
Gaston
Thomson tob little hamilton
Gold henderson low linn
Mckenna
Donnelly

If nouble keeps getting better might put him ahead of donnelly but others i think pretty solid thoughts??

Gaston

JT Little TOB Hammy

Stewart Low Gold Linn

Mckenna

Nouble

Feel we have better strength in depth this year too as Donnelly and Hilson can give our attack a boost from the bench and Henderson Swankie and Paterson can give us something different from midfield if we are looking for some creativity when games are so tight, Hamilton and Craigen give defensive cover too 🇱🇻⚽🙌

2 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Gaston

JT Little TOB Hammy

Stewart Low Gold Linn

Mckenna

Nouble

Feel we have better strength in depth this year too as Donnelly and Hilson can give our attack a boost from the bench and Henderson Swankie and Paterson can give us something different from midfield if we are looking for some creativity when games are so tight, Hamilton and Craigen give defensive cover too 🇱🇻⚽🙌

Actually quite like that team. Still kind of feel like it’s missing something though. Williamson and Hamilton made such a difference just hope we can pull a couple more out the bag. 

20 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Actually quite like that team. Still kind of feel like it’s missing something though. Williamson and Hamilton made such a difference just hope we can pull a couple more out the bag. 

Cheers mate, Would like to think Hamilton might come back in January but only if we are still struggling to get the goals and partner Nouble 🙌⚽🇱🇻 That would be amazing, Williamson would be much harder to get back I reckon 

7 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Cheers mate, Would like to think Hamilton might come back in January but only if we are still struggling to get the goals and partner Nouble 🙌⚽🇱🇻 That would be amazing, Williamson would be much harder to get back I reckon 

Williamson on a season long loan at Livvy am sorry/glad to see

Edited by Seeker

Miko being allowed to go on loan to the championship. Can’t help but feel we should’ve tried to get him back he’d have been perfect next to Low, more I think about it after watching Clark and the big mistakes he’s made in games it’s such a massive jump for him at 18. Guys not even come from another club it’s a boys club academy he’s been playing for. I think he’d have been good going to L2 or L1 first.  

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Miko being allowed to go on loan to the championship. Can’t help but feel we should’ve tried to get him back he’d have been perfect next to Low, more I think about it after watching Clark and the big mistakes he’s made in games it’s such a massive jump for him at 18. Guys not even come from another club it’s a boys club academy he’s been playing for. I think he’d have been good going to L2 or L1 first.  

While I don't disagree - this is the catch 22. Considering how much everyones been going on about needing further strikers, can you imagine how it'd have gone down over the past month if we'd been carrying a squad of 14 while waiting for players to become available in August?

Sign earlyish and you could miss out on others who become available later on, or sign late and leave good players and doll the dice on better becoming available? Damned if you do, damned if you don't, really.

I think Aberdeen are willing to let him go permanently which is why it’s only FT clubs being mentioned.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Aberdeen are willing to let him go permanently which is why it’s only FT clubs being mentioned.

Aye. Accies, Ayr and Morton are the sides I seen mentioned. Miko was great in his first season but struggled last term.  

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Fair enough then. I think he deserves a chance at Aberdeen. Definitely a Premiership player for somebody. Scott Martin been playing there a couple seasons now and Miko is better than him. Be a really good signing for someone just not us unfortunately 

Fair enough then. I think he deserves a chance at Aberdeen. Definitely a Premiership player for somebody. Scott Martin been playing there a couple seasons now and Miko is better than him. Be a really good signing for someone just not us unfortunately 

Miko at his best was better than Scott Martin. Unfortunately we weren’t seeing his best latterly. Aberdeen wouldn’t be letting him go if they thought he could make it at their level. He’s been there long enough for them to come to a judgment.

Miko at his best was better than Scott Martin. Unfortunately we weren’t seeing his best latterly. Aberdeen wouldn’t be letting him go if they thought he could make it at their level. He’s been there long enough for them to come to a judgment.

Aberdeen are quite literally one of the worst clubs for letting young players go that could make it at their level. Michael Rose, Daniel Harvie, Bruce Anderson and Lawrence Shankland are all guys that would have been fine with them.

Virtanen will probably take a step down to the Championship and then earn himself a move back to the top flight. Whether that’s with us, I don’t know.

2 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Team at the start of the season was really struggling all over I think it’s harsh to judge him on his second spell. Alot of poor performances from our better players until the Winter turn around. 

Ayr United are now able to accommodate a small number of Arbroath supporters in the Railway End terracing only. There will be no seating available.

Tickets can be purchased at the following link: https://tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/package_link/LZEmOKzmpW/ArbrothAwayFans
Prices are:
Adult - £18
Concession - £12 (Over 65s, Students and 18-21 year olds)
Child - £6 (Under 18s)