The Arbroath Thread

TASC MEMBERSHIP 2021/22

With the new league season only 2 days away it would be the perfect time to get yourself and loved ones a TASC membership for the 2021/22 season. A membership entitles you to some great benefits

• Reduced prices for TASC run buses to away games
  • Preferred entry to Tutties before 2pm on home match days
  • Entry into members only raffles
  • POTY/New signing of the year voting privileges 

Prices

Over 16 - £15

Under 16/Over 65 - FREE

All at TASC are excited for the upcoming season and the adventures we will have while following the Lichties as they battle the full time teams of the championship again 🇱🇻

Handy as Stewart and Gold are at filling in the fullbacks.it’s, I don’t think they match the defensive solidity and presence of Thomson and C Hamilton. They contribute greatly to our stable, effective back line - the main reason we’ve survived these past two seasons.  And both also provide the main platform for our attacks.  So, unless forced by injury, they would be my first picks week in, week out - plus they add an occasional attacking threat themselves.  Invaluable.

I think Scott Stewart and David Gold have much more to contribute further up the park.  We’re fortunate to have two such energetic and skilful utility players

Edited by farflung lichtie

14 minutes ago, RedLichty said:

I'm really excited for this season.  We are still punching well above our weight in terms of budget but in Dick we trust.  Do you expect any more transfer news?  

Another 2 I’d say. And not sure about the well above our weight thing, doing well to be the only PT team in this league for sure but PT has its advantages over some of the lower end FT clubs. 

We are able to keep players too who might not want to play FT due to their personal circumstances outside football. And being the best part time club means we can get the best part time players, all of who could easily play FT football. I think the problem we have now is that If we want to sign part time players we basically need to get other part time teams best players otherwise they won’t be an improvement on what we have. 

2 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Aye the budget card doesn’t hold much weight with me. You don’t get a squad like we have paying pennies.

Yeah, agree... I just feel it's hard to compete PT in a FT league.  I get the advantages point... some players cannot afford to go FT at our level.

I know we've all been a wee bit frustrated at our lack of goals and the lack of available strikers, but I think I may have found just the man....

Plays for Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts in the EoS, but he's been on fire for them (another hat trick today) and don't let the level he's at currently fool you - he's got over 100 goals in the SPFL, spent the majority of his career in the Championship, and previously earned himself a move to Celtic! 

Surely in our current situation someone who is on form, scoring goals and is a proven striker at our level should be worthy of a contract till January?

Got a good centre back too....

I know we've all been a wee bit frustrated at our lack of goals and the lack of available strikers, but I think I may have found just the man....
Plays for Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts in the EoS, but he's been on fire for them (another hat trick today) and don't let the level he's at currently fool you - he's got over 100 goals in the SPFL, spent the majority of his career in the Championship, and previously earned himself a move to Celtic! 
Surely in our current situation someone who is on form, scoring goals and is a proven striker at our level should be worthy of a contract till January?

27 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Celtic could do with him again

Is Henderson suspended next week too?
Him and Low in midfield and Hamilton and RB and pushed into midfield and Mckenna and Nouble upfront,
No doubt it will be something totally different as it's near impossible to call the managers selection,

It's really obvious we need to address the issue of scoring goals and being more creative and less reliant on Linn, its hard to belive that there is no strikers or wingers available on loan that would give us a different option, we don't want to be cut adrift like last season and need to ger points on the board, Looking back on yesterday we really should of had at least a point,

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Joel Nouble on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties narrow 1-0 defeat to Inverness Caledonian Thistle at Gayfield yesterday. The on loan Livingston striker was a handful throughout and showed glimpses of why the Gayfield faithful are excited to watch him this season. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

06847AF4-26C0-46CB-8FAA-62EC75B77787.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TASC_1878 said:

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Joel Nouble on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties narrow 1-0 defeat to Inverness Caledonian Thistle at Gayfield yesterday. The on loan Livingston striker was a handful throughout and showed glimpses of why the Gayfield faithful are excited to watch him this season. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

06847AF4-26C0-46CB-8FAA-62EC75B77787.jpeg

Can't argue with that, he was excellent.

See when everyone is fit and available what does everyone think are strongest team would be?? Heres mine
Gaston
Thomson tob little hamilton
Gold henderson low linn
Mckenna
Donnelly

If nouble keeps getting better might put him ahead of donnelly but others i think pretty solid thoughts??

See when everyone is fit and available what does everyone think are strongest team would be?? Heres mine
Gaston
Gold henderson low linn
Mckenna
Donnelly

If nouble keeps getting better might put him ahead of donnelly but others i think pretty solid thoughts??

Stewart right mid, gold instead of henderson and nouble for donnelly for me

31 minutes ago, lichtiedaft1993 said:

Gaston
Gold henderson low linn
Mckenna
Donnelly

Maybe Stewart in at RB or right mid instead of JT or Gold. I’d probably give Nouble a go I like LD but Nouble looks like he could be a right handful if he gets a run. Middle of the park has got to be Low and McKenna with another, not sure who mind you, Gold/Henderson probably. 

Really hope we can get some more attacking players in soon. 

Stewart right mid, gold instead of henderson and nouble for donnelly for me
I feel henderson as he was driving out of defence with the ball so in midfield think he could push us further up park and think gold has more tricks etc and think his crossing is better than stewarts. Thought nouble played well on saturday just hope he can improve his shooting and we would be fine.