The Arbroath Thread

That was a terrific performance. Everything that’s best about us and a few things that are worst - many missed chances and Dick bringing on Gav for Bobby. LD’s best match - a goal and win a penalty, Nicky Low as dominant as ever - a great free kick and a penalty goal, Goldy was a sensational right winger, Stewart is so fast and powerful, McKenna non-stop action - still sprinting to close down in 92 minutes. Bobby a bit wasted in the right wing in the first half. Man of the match? Luuuke. I could be a convert if he can do that in the Championship.

That was a 3-2 pumping we really should’ve taken a lot more of our chances 

Very good after losing 2 poor goals but again lack of attacking options on the bench worries me. Soon as Linn And LD went off we were struggling. Nouble definitely not fit today miles off it. 

Some attacking players in ASAP please. 

Nicky Low is a hero already 

Loved the way LD absolutely owned the big man bun defender, McNab? Nouble really not at the races when he came on. Clarke improving with every game and could have scored at the end when he chose to feed Nouble instead. Nicky Low absolutely outstanding again.

Low be a nightmare for ref...
Someone you love to have on your team,

That was a 3-2 pumping we really should’ve taken a lot more of our chances 

Very good after losing 2 poor goals but again lack of attacking options on the bench worries me. Soon as Linn And LD went off we were struggling. Nouble definitely not fit today miles off it. 

Some attacking players in ASAP please. 

Nicky Low is a hero already 

Nicky Low is just different gravy. Work rate and engine of Mckenna was outstanding today, only thing that let him down was he couldn't get a goal. Clark also put in a pretty decent performance.

On a side note, although a few good chances were missed again today, while it is frustrating, I'd be more concerned if we weren't creating them.

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Only negative today was probably Hilson.  Looked like he was lacking a bit of confidence and cost us the 2nd goal. Clark continues to improve 

How did hilson cause the second? Was it not Hammy who sclaffed a simple pass straight to their player?

28 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

The pair were as bad as each other on that.

Really? From where I was standing it looked like Hammy made an erse of a basic pass straight to their player who played it through for a simple finish. Would like to see the replay though as he seemed to be blaming someone else for it, I’m assuming Hilson.

I thought Hilson played ok, just wish he could finish better, he seems to have a real issue when he has time to think. McKenna, Donnelly, Low, Stewart and Gold (just how versatile is he?) we’re the stand outs for me, but I think everyone played well, great team performance.

Definitely a drop in intensity and quality when Linn and Donnelly in particular went off. At that point we were running riot and it looked like we would score every time we attacked. Swankie is obviously a totally different proposition than Linn and was brought on to steady the midfield. Nouble looked pretty unfit but showed enough to be a decent addition, should have scored.

Actually thought Kelty were pretty poor when you consider the squad they have. Looked solid at the back and in midfield (which they bossed for 20 minutes) until after their second goal then it was one way traffic. They didn’t seem to have much creativity from middle to front and aside from a great hit for their first and a defensive feck up from us for their second, they didn’t offer much.

Edited by Tattie36

Credit to all at AFC for qualifying. A very efficient dispatching of our part-time group rivals. Not quite sure what to make of Kelty. They were good for half an hour but we still had chances in that period. Some pretty juvenile behaviour on the go too, Tidser sarcastically clapping the ref and Forster wanting a go with Swanks.

30 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Really? From where I was standing it looked like Hammy made an erse of a basic pass straight to their player who played it through for a simple finish. Would like to see the replay though as he seemed to be blaming someone else for it, I’m assuming Hilson.

I thought Hilson played ok, just wish he could finish better, he seems to have a real issue when he has time to think. McKenna, Donnelly, Low, Stewart and Gold (just how versatile is he?) we’re the stand outs for me, but I think everyone played well, great team performance.

Definitely a drop in intensity and quality when Linn and Donnelly in particular went off. At that point we were running riot and it looked like we would score every time we attacked. Swankie is obviously a totally different proposition than Linn and was brought on to steady the midfield. Nouble looked pretty unfit but showed enough to be a decent addition, should have scored.

Actually thought Kelty were pretty poor when you consider the squad they have. Looked solid at the back and in midfield (which they bossed for 20 minutes) until after their second goal then it was one way traffic. They didn’t seem to have much creativity from middle to front and aside from a great hit for their first and a defensive feck up from us for their second, they didn’t offer much.

The boy Forster looked terrible at Dundee and not much better today. He will probably stroll league 2 though as most teams will launch long balls that he will clean up. I also wasn’t impressed with kelty tiday, they are very top heavy. Both full backs looked lost while Tidser stood out his CM partner might have been the worst player on the park. They should still win league 2 though. 

Forster was given Kelty man of match, Tisder was there best player but a moaning c**t,
Austin still rather win a foul than score goal too,
They were decent enough but we could of scored 5 t least with chances

The boy Forster looked terrible at Dundee and not much better today. He will probably stroll league 2 though as most teams will launch long balls that he will clean up. I also wasn’t impressed with kelty tiday, they are very top heavy. Both full backs looked lost while Tidser stood out his CM partner might have been the worst player on the park. They should still win league 2 though.