The Arbroath Thread

Think that’s very harsh on LD. Players in forward areas always judged more harshly I think, definitely contributes in a big way. Some games completely pass him by but happens to every striker, it depends on the overall team performance a lot. 

Don’t take it too seriously. I’d love him to be a success. I’d also love him to put on 2 stone of muscle, learn to jump and close down mercilessly. Oh well. 2 goals already.

It was a beautiful summer's night to be back at Gayfield and it was very much a one sided match - the gap between the two divisions was very evident tonight.

Bobby Linn at the age of 36 was fitter and quicker than younger players in their mid 20s - he was turning East Fife's defenders inside out all night.

All our new signings put in a good, decent shift, but will need time to settle into the squad - might take a few games to gel them into the squad.

Hopefully TOB will make a full recovery very soon - ideally for this weekend's match.

This Sat will be a test for both Arbroath and United - I expect another close match and a draw would be a great result.

Also expect Arbroath to sign at least one more striker in the coming weeks.

Lovely evening for a game of football. The result never looked in doubt we were on top the whole game. 

Didn't expect to see Gav Swankie start the game but he looked fit and was up for it, had a good first half. The big lad Nouble did well, should settle into the side once he gets another game or two under his belt. When O'Brien went off injured and Bobby came on, well I know Bobby is versatile but surely not a centre half. Thankfully Henderson took over O'Brien's position and had a very good game there and Bobby did what Bobby does...entertains with some lovely footwork and laid on the second goal.

Goldy also proved his versatility with a superb goalkeeping display to keep a clean sheet after Antell was red carded. 

Overall a fine evening to be back on the terraces, a good win with the new signings and subs showing up well.

Just one little niggle, £1.50 for a thimble size cup of tea is a bit much.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Bobby Linn on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 2-0 win over East Fife yesterday. The mercurial winger has bagged both awards of the new season after a blistering start to his campaign. Bobby was a constant threat after his early introduction and set up Luke Donnelly’s goal with a sublime cross. It would be unfair not to also mention a stellar performance from stand in goalie David Gold who kept a clean sheet after pulling on the gloves. Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

0B21E0D5-3F26-4869-B0F2-D3C3F8FABFB9.jpeg

Fantastic to finally be back last night, It was that good my daughter is now wanting a season ticket ⚽❤️🇱🇻 She met some friends from School and made some new ones which was great 🤩

Onto the game, It was a fantastic win in the end considering the sending off but I felt we actually moved up a gear and looked more dangerous, Comfortable throughout imo and well deserved, All new signings looked class and very promising, Just need game time now to gel and make the end product more smoother, Great to see Gav & Bobby back and looking fit and ready for the new season too, Can’t wait for the next game now

7E357A3D-8555-4409-BAB9-BAFC1399B3E8.jpeg

F5CDAC32-F097-4A3E-88A3-707114C25AC4.jpeg

692442FB-F80B-44FF-9A19-8A7669A80202.jpeg

1D5D966E-257C-4DBF-AB62-085EB652A465.jpeg

0DD389DD-4547-473B-A3BA-05F84D81E7B0.jpeg

AAEECE96-5C6A-4EFC-A653-8C49AD9B8680.jpeg

FEB274D7-4B93-46AB-A33F-EEC07983EDCD.jpeg

C660739D-8B56-4445-A88E-22900165C836.jpeg

2E37C587-A568-4F64-9C13-790E8126A6AD.jpeg

So what the thoughts for tomorrow? I’d be delighted if we can get to penalties but can’t see it with TOB looking likely to miss out. Henderson looked decent enough at CB with Little so I’d be happy for them to start. Goldy and Hammy as full backs. I’d expect us to go 5 across the midfield tomorrow and think the boy Harrison Clark deserves another start. LD or Nouble to be the lone front man

Can’t believe they missed out LD ending that boys career down in the corner either

Nouble did something very similar in the first half to their right back, between them incidents and bobby linn running at him all night the boy might never recover

3 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Please, for the love of God, make today the last game for a long, long time that we have to watch a stream and don't have the choice of being there in person.

No chance we are getting to Ayr on the 7th 

35 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Please, for the love of God, make today the last game for a long, long time that we have to watch a stream and don't have the choice of being there in person.

Whilst I completely understand where you are coming from and know you can't replicate the experience of being at a game on stream, be grateful you have the opportunities now to watch home games at Gayfield. The away day experience is always something different but I'm sure you'll be allowed the chance to be an away fan again at some stage during the season.

As for me, while some streaming is not always the best, I shall continue to embrace it as I get more chance to watch the Fish Boys than previously.