The Arbroath Thread

The YouTube vids show a canny ball player and not your big target man type. I fully expect him to be getting pelters in due course for being 6’ 4” and not winning headers.

Joel and Luke up front failing to win headers. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

On 10/07/2021 at 17:56, unknown1954 said:

Really do not get what big Luke brings to this team ok he got a goal today but that aside it was like playing with a man down this has been the same for 3 seasons now he came into the team at the time we had Ryan Wallace (I know he was not everyone's cup of tea) and displaced him think back to what Wallace gave us(goals) I know who I would rather have I really do not like being negative about our players but if we stick with him he needs to play as a two . I thought we played ok today considering we had a makeshift defence and little on the bench their keeper had some terrific saves and could have won by 3 or more

IMO hoofing the ball up to someone whos up top on their own, with little to no service is always going to struggle. Dont see anyone else who has filled that slot when Lukes been injured doing any better. Maybe time to go with a slightly different formation as you say, or try something else out. Hitting the ball up to someone, with no midfielders or anyone to play off is always going to be a thankless task regardless of who you bring in.

But Luke is a number 10, not someone who plays up top himself, that is evident for anyone to see. 

57 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

497 days since Iv seen the Lichties at Gayfield.  Delighted that comes to an end tonight. 

Oct 2019 since I was last there and unfortunately could be a wee while longer before I get back. 😥

Hope you guys who are attending enjoy the experience.

20 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Still tickets available which I find surprising and a little disappointing 

Interesting…how many are you allowing?

We had just under 600 at Stark’s last night, and that was a wee bit disconcerting too. 600 had been the limit the first match, but I thought we could go higher this time…but based upon comments, the opposition (Brechin), the time (Tuesday night), the previous (effective) home opener and the available stream cut into the numbers. There was also the fact that Raith fans showed well at Cowden on Saturday too.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Interesting…how many are you allowing?

We had just under 600 at Stark’s last night, and that was a wee bit disconcerting too. 600 had been the limit the first match, but I thought we could go higher this time…but based upon comments, the opposition (Brechin), the time (Tuesday night), the previous (effective) home opener and the available stream cut into the numbers. There was also the fact that Raith fans showed well at Cowden on Saturday too.

600 for us tonight 

48 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Still tickets available which I find surprising and a little disappointing 

By the looks of it, I didn't think Elgin had the full 220 in on Saturday either. I think the fact COVID is still extremely prevelant, it's still pre season, it doesn't include the full 'day' pre/ post match and the streaming service is still readily available all contribute as well as a variety of other factors we knew would kick in for some people with football essentially stopping for 16 months.

I'd expect us to have 3/400 tonight.

Edited by SimonLichtie

By the looks of it, I didn't think Elgin had the full 220 in on Saturday either. I think the fact COVID is still extremely prevelant, it's still pre season, it doesn't include the full 'day' pre/ post match and the streaming service is still readily available all contribute as well as a variety of other factors we knew would kick in for some people with football essentially stopping for 16 months.
I'd expect us to have 3/400 tonight.

Yes extremely prevalent. I’ve returned my ticket because I’ve got Covid despite being double vaccinated. The Club has been great. I’ll be watching the stream instead.

47 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

Just checked with my mate who’s an Aldershot fan and he says Joel is “very good”.

Not much bad being said about him saw another glowing report from an Aldershot fan yesterday 

Can’t go tonight, know plenty others in same position, Covid rules and isolation. Towns been riddled with it the past wee while it feels like. Will have to wait until St Johnstone... 😫

Missing it as away for a few days ans people will be away on holiday and that and all the covid carry on,
Would expect better crowds when the league starts,
Looking forward to see how Nouble gets on, Looks like he plays off the left on his highlights so wonder where he will fir in for us,
Hopefully Hamilton doesn't get a change and he joins the Arbroath Livi bromance for another season

3 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Yes extremely prevalent. I’ve returned my ticket because I’ve got Covid despite being double vaccinated. The Club has been great. I’ll be watching the stream instead.

Take care, mate. Get yourself fit and ready for next available home game.