The Arbroath Thread

Fairly sure he is signing for you guys. The rumour has been on the go for a couple of weeks now hasn't it? Would seem odd not to sign for someone after stepping down as manager.

FYI Toshney managed to play a total of 273 minutes in around 14 months with us. He was just permacrocked.

3 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

part time might suit him in terms of injuries

Both part time and full time clubs play the same amount of games - I am not convinced being part time would help deter an injury ?

Perhaps less training might help, but a lot of the part time players work out on their own - putting in a similar amount of hours to  full time players.

Joel Nouble

Arbroath FC are delighted to announce the loan signing of forward Joel “Jon” Nouble.

Joel is 25-years-old and today has signed a contract with Livingston FC then has subsequently joined Arbroath on loan and goes straight into the squad for Wednesday’s match against East Fife.

The 6’-4” striker can play either up front or on the wing and will bring a new element to the Arbroath attack.

Joel who joined his new team mates for training on Monday night started his youth career on the books of Chelsea and Millwall before being offered a scholarship with Dagenham and Redbridge in November 2011 then joining their Academy 7 months later.

Whilst at Dagenham and Redbridge Joel spent time on loan at several clubs gaining valuable experience before he earned his first professional contract with the club in 2014, whilst also being voted Academy Player of the Year in 2013-2014.

Joel has also placed for Thurrock, Haringey Borough, Concord Rangers before signing for National League Side Aldershot Town in 2020.

Upon signing for Aldershot, Joel described himself as “I’m an attacking player, very good with the ball at my feet, skilful. I like to create, score goals and make sure the fans enjoy it when they’re watching me play.” https://www.theshots.co.uk/new-signing-shots-sign-nouble/

It was his performances for Aldershot Town that has put Joel on the radar of several other National League Teams as well as Bolton Wanderers, although it is Livingston who have won the race for his signature.

Football is in Joel’s family with older brother Frank Nouble having played for West Ham United, Ipswich Town and currently playing for English League One side Colchester United.

The relationship between Arbroath FC and Livingston has grown from strength to strength and we are very excited to welcome Joel to our club and hope that we can give him the platform to grow and adapt to the Scottish game before returning to Livingston.

Thank you again to David Martindale and everyone at Livingston.1758549151_JoelNouble.thumb.jpeg.96bab7fb60bf1784ebc6ab0fa5685729.jpeg

Welcome to the club Joel!

You can watch Joel in action here 

https://youtu.be/eBDFp2DKlpM

DC and Martindale have obviously struck up some sort of agreement to let us develop their players to get them prepared for first team football.

At least that's a striker signed, be great if he can hit the ground running similar to Hamilton last season. Preferably his signing won't induce extra hoofball.

We have definitely lacked a big target man striker for years now. Hopefully this means we’ll be more dangerous from crosses and set pieces as opposed to lumping it aimlessly up the park, and if he’s good with his feet, as he claims, then even better. Quite excited by this signing, certainly preferable to bringing in ageing players who’s best days are long gone or kids with very little match experience.

Edited by Tattie36

15 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Good to get s striker signed. Looks a unit with a bit of experience under his belt compared to the usual teenage loanees

Watched him play 30 mins in a friendly against a champions league side from Gibraltar and he looked very useful. Winning headers and causing problems for defenders throughout. 

Could be wrong but I think he will be good for you. Surprised we've sent him out on loan. Maybe still a bit raw given the level he's played at.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I love this. Easy to have a good highlights reel I know but it is a very good one at a very good level. Looks like a bigger stronger faster LD. Very happy with that, good age too.
Not that hard to be built bigger and stronger than the gable end of a fag paper.

2 hours ago, Gayfield said:

Joel Nouble

Arbroath FC are delighted to announce the loan signing of forward Joel “Jon” Nouble.

Joel is 25-years-old and today has signed a contract with Livingston FC then has subsequently joined Arbroath on loan and goes straight into the squad for Wednesday’s match against East Fife.

The 6’-4” striker can play either up front or on the wing and will bring a new element to the Arbroath attack.

Joel who joined his new team mates for training on Monday night started his youth career on the books of Chelsea and Millwall before being offered a scholarship with Dagenham and Redbridge in November 2011 then joining their Academy 7 months later.

Whilst at Dagenham and Redbridge Joel spent time on loan at several clubs gaining valuable experience before he earned his first professional contract with the club in 2014, whilst also being voted Academy Player of the Year in 2013-2014.

Joel has also placed for Thurrock, Haringey Borough, Concord Rangers before signing for National League Side Aldershot Town in 2020.

Upon signing for Aldershot, Joel described himself as “I’m an attacking player, very good with the ball at my feet, skilful. I like to create, score goals and make sure the fans enjoy it when they’re watching me play.” https://www.theshots.co.uk/new-signing-shots-sign-nouble/

It was his performances for Aldershot Town that has put Joel on the radar of several other National League Teams as well as Bolton Wanderers, although it is Livingston who have won the race for his signature.

Football is in Joel’s family with older brother Frank Nouble having played for West Ham United, Ipswich Town and currently playing for English League One side Colchester United.

The relationship between Arbroath FC and Livingston has grown from strength to strength and we are very excited to welcome Joel to our club and hope that we can give him the platform to grow and adapt to the Scottish game before returning to Livingston.

Thank you again to David Martindale and everyone at Livingston.1758549151_JoelNouble.thumb.jpeg.96bab7fb60bf1784ebc6ab0fa5685729.jpeg

Welcome to the club Joel!

You can watch Joel in action here 

https://youtu.be/eBDFp2DKlpM

Fantastic news, Welcome to the Red Lichties Joel, Video highlights look amazing, Definitely a very exciting and talented player who will cause loads of problems with his skill, speed and strength, good age as well 🇱🇻⚽💪

Edited by 36-0 Maroon